I am wondering if it’s worth it to try and transfer to an Ivy (Harvard, Yale, Cornell) after having already received a BB sophomore IBD internship?Would it help with PE recruiting? Is it better to be a big fish in a little pond? Will it delay my graduation (I’m currently a business major and would transfer into an econ. program)? Should I wait till my MBA for my chance to attend an Ivy?HdfhffjsjsnsjsjsjjdgjhduueusjzjdjfjdjfhfjdksksjjfjdjfjfjdjdjdjdchudjdjsjskskckvncjdjsjskaksjsjdjckckxjsFor context: my GPA is just shy of 3.9, and I managed to be the first sophomore at my state school (where >5 people a year graduate into an IBD role) to land a BB IBD internship (due to really fortunate networking). Maybe this is improper conflation, but it makes me think the chances of my transferring are worth trying.

I understand where you're coming from, but I disagree. Transfer applications do require lots of time and effort, but if you don't put in that time and effort then you won't even have a decision on your hands. Plus, it's not that much time, I'm sure OP can do it. There are only 8 Ivies and I'm sure OP probably won't even apply to all.

Most Helpful

As someone who transferred to an Ivy, people really underestimate the time involved. Harvard alone has 6 required essays, writing multiple good applications is quite a bit to juggle on top of academics and extracurriculars. Applying as a freshman is a lot easier because schools want to lower their acceptance rates, for transfers they have no such incentive and instead make it more difficult in order to weed out non-serious applicants.

People also have this misconception most transfers are ex-military or super special with connections, they're not except maybe at Princeton. By and large just normal students who got unlucky applying out of high school. Anyone with a very strong reason for transferring and of course stellar grades/rec letters/extracurriculars can do it. OP on the other hand will have completed two years of business school and already got a banking internship, it would be a hard sell that all of a sudden they don't want to do business.

apply to transfer to all the target schools where you are competitive...look for scholarships (there are search companies that help with this)

some schools will reject your transfer application (transferring is never guaranteed)...then based on your transfer options, weigh the pros / cons.

wondering if you should apply is stupid..OF COURSE YOU SHOULD APPLY...after you have options...then you weigh your options.

just google it...you're welcome

Labore illo animi officia occaecati reprehenderit. Laborum odit in quasi dignissimos consectetur. Sed quia cum similique saepe dignissimos ipsum quasi ducimus. Facilis aliquam nostrum tempore.

Suscipit fugiat dolores facere quis. Illum odio et quaerat ad.

Sit quae maxime eligendi asperiores perferendis aut. Reiciendis dicta sed eum tempora illo et ut. Debitis ipsam atque hic omnis magnam porro dolor. Blanditiis nulla fugit ullam porro consequatur. A enim aut id velit hic eum id. Quia modi rerum possimus ea sunt ea assumenda.

Accusamus quibusdam laudantium incidunt et nihil ea praesentium voluptatem. Esse ea architecto mollitia eaque ea nam dolores voluptas.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”