I bombed a phone interview with my ideal firm, still feel really crap about not being able to answer some basic questions.
I feel like I built up a lot of expectations and prepared a lot only to get really nervous during the interview. The interviewer being in an echo chamber didn't help and made me even more nervous.
BUT now post that experience, I feel like I can't do another interview soon. Is this common? any advice on how to just move on, knowing how great an opportunity this was.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- I just left IB and went entrepreneurship way, so this is a bit of a rant post and a throwaway account, but felt like I need to share.
With all do respect to hard-working individuals out there - investment banking industry is broken and absolutely worthless. The advisory side is the most...+54 by icantdothisanymore in IB
- I come from a target West Coast school. I say target because being on the West Coast, there are only three name-brand schools you can land a job on at an i-bank on the West Coast. Those name brands from my POV are Stanford, Berkeley, and USC. I go to one of the first two. Hats off to the Moelis...+33 by sell-syde in IB
- Unfortunately turning comments on a pitch deck today so I have some time in between turns to do an AMA. Thought I'd give back to the community here now that I'm wrapping up my 3rd year at a MM. Definitely wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for WSO.
###Quick background...+27 by NuclearPenguins in IB
- Background: Notre Dame sophomore looking into Investment Banking internships/jobs in Chicago.
Was wondering if there was a list or if people had suggestions of top IB firms and groups to start networking with.+12 by w s in IB
- Microsoft Excel: the lifeblood of 21st century finance and business. A phenomenal spreadsheet tool used by the lowest level analysts through the most executive tier of management. A wonderful program capable of performing complex mathematics, charting graphs and calculating thousands of data...+11 by ForrestGump in OFF
- I read that firms are considering hiring more and more consultants from different backgrounds and non-target schools. However, does being from a non-target background affect your opportunities to advance after getting hired? I'm asking because I notice that most of the highlighted employees...+10 by healthguy15 in CO
- The WSO Job board is now free for anyone that wants to apply...all anyone has to do is upload a resume and they will be allowed to submit their application. Create Your Oasis Job Profile
Here's a peak inside: +10 by WallStreetOasis.com in JOB
- Join the email list for your city to receive updates on future WSO events in your city. When signing up you will also receive a welcome email with a link to join your city's WhatsApp group. We created these WhatsApp groups with the goal of making it easier for WSO members to organize events...+10 by AndyLouis in OFF
- Hi All,
I’m an ex-IB analyst at a no-name boutique in a major city. I recently left my job at the boutique after a year and a half for a new position in data science/artificial intelligence at one of the largest quantitative hedge funds in NYC. My career path sounds a little bit strange to...+10 by GeorgeWashington519 in IB
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+9 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Feb20Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 2/20-2/228:00 to 5:00 EST Online