Last Shot Super Day at Blackrock Index&ETF Investing SA 2022

Following my last thread.

Boys, I just received the final round invitation for the 2022 Summer Analyst from Blackrock Index&ETF Investing in Hong Kong. This is the first time for me to break into the super day and I have a sense this is gonna be a now or never moment for me to enter the industry. I'm gonna have my interview in a week and I still don't know what to expect. (it's gonna be 2 back-t0-back 45 min interviews with probably senior people)

I would admit I have always been an underdog, growing up in a small city in China and having a fairly modest upbringing, but I swear this is probably "the moment" when I feel I am so close to realizing my dreams. Any suggestion would be appreciated. 

I’ve been watching Shia’s just do it for an hour now, hopefully I would be more confident in myself when I wake up tomorrow.

Happy thanksgiving lads.

直指人心,見性成佛

Boys, it’s thanksgiving and I’m grinding. Anyone has any insight regarding what the final round would look like? I’d buy you coffee in return

直指人心,見性成佛

Update: Finished my final round on Wednesday HKT and was reached out by HR the next morning, who asked me whether I had other offers. Donno whether that's a good sign or Nah, as she mentioned the team is taking some time to make a decision. 

Having sleeping problems post-superday these days, and apparently, I had some anxiety-induced dyspepsia. If anyone could shed some light on anything, you will be much appreciated. 

直指人心,見性成佛

Hey, in all honesty, we all go through the post-super day anxiety, but you gotta have enough faith in yourself to deal with this. You must've done well, buddy. You really want this, and you'll get it. Best of luck!!

Bro, much appreciation and love. I am deciding whether I should reach out to my contacts there again as one of my friends who was reached out by HR already received an offer today (Friday afternoon HKT). I guess I'd give it a shot during the weekend.

直指人心,見性成佛

Apparently, I am on the waitlist now boys. My contact told me they invited 6 candidates to the final round and they planned to take 3. While the top choices were already extended offers the next day, I am still waiting for anyone to turn down the offer. Fingers-crossed...

直指人心,見性成佛

Good luck! I'm also an international student so I know that the whole recruiting is extremely hard especially for us but you did a great job! 

Most Helpful

Received a verbal offer yesterday. It turned out I got lucky and got off the waitlist (as someone turned down the offer) it was such an emotional moment that tears already came out of my eyes, and I could not help think of the past 12 months, during which I have been struggling and have failed so many times that I nearly gave up.

I hope this post could help anyone who is or will be struggling in the recruiting season, worrying about it, and thinking they won’t make it. Anything is possible, boys, as long as you have faith in yourself. You are gonna make it!

I would also like to thank all the lads on this forum who helped me and supported me during the process. Thank you for your encouraging words and mental supports, I won’t make it without your help.

Much appreciation and love

ReiZen

直指人心,見性成佛

Yes, Mr. Burns! Was greatly encouraged and made many friends here. And hopefully, my story will encourage those who doubt themselves and find it impossible to break into the industry (while I thought WSO is more like a douche camp in the beginning). 

直指人心,見性成佛

Really congratsss!!!! Your hr is responsive? I kinda email my hr for two times but they don't reply., I know those who don't get it directly get rejected. But usually, people get response. Do ya have any suggestions on chasing the result? 

Hey, if it's after superday I'd say you are probably on the waitlist right now, as they'll call their top choices right after the interview (according to what I know).

The suggestion I received during the process from my contacts on the team was the only thing I could do was to pray. It's probably true as you won't get in unless someone turns their offer down. But keep your heads up tho, for many people turned down in the past and chose IBD or PWM (BLK does pay lower at the end of the day) 

直指人心,見性成佛

Tempore voluptatum velit asperiores. Ipsa ullam voluptas neque expedita dolore perspiciatis. Aut maxime consequatur natus qui. Ut et eius numquam cumque voluptates. Aliquid est rerum qui odit repudiandae quidem dicta. Quis ut voluptate temporibus cum et vel quis.

Quas eos dolor laboriosam neque quisquam qui. Doloribus omnis quasi ipsum fuga recusandae. Veritatis quia sed ut quasi doloremque sint iure. Omnis sequi voluptatem ipsam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”