I signed my summer offer with this bank earlier this year and recently I realized that a friend that I was going to find housing with, backed out. And since it was an unpaid internship to begin with, I would have had to pay around 1200-1300/month for housing if I went solo. I decided to reach out to the bank and tell them that I have no problem with the internship being unpaid but I would appreciate if I could get help with housing.
I was scheduled to talk to the founder early in the morning but my phone drained overnight and I couldn't wake up on time for the call.
I emailed and apologized to the founder and asked to reschedule and around 15 mins later, I get an email from him saying that they'll miss having me intern with them.
I called them, begged and asked for a second chance and that I had nowhere else to go but they said they were forced to move on.
I am now a Junior, who wants to do banking full time, going into summer with nothing at all.
What do you guys think? I would truly appreciate any advice going forward in prepping for full time.