Should I renege my SS ER FT offer for this opportunity?
Last summer I interned in ER at a topand received a return offer. Before accepting it, I applied to a large AM (1Trillion+ ) but they never got back to me so I took the BB ER offer. A few months later I heard back from the AM about an interview, so I decided to give it a go. I got the through the interview rounds and just received a full-time offer from them but now I'm unsure if I should renege on the SS offer. The AM position is for product strategy so I couldn't be in a fundamental research seat, however, I don't see why it would be difficult to lateral into a research position after a year or two in product strategy. Another factor is that I won't be placed into a team for the SS position until I start full-time, so I could potentially end up on a crappy team if that's all they have available.
Should I accept the AM offer and hope to move to a research role or should I just go with the SS ER position?