Hiring - Equity Long/Short Analyst
Hi all, description of the role below. If you are passionate about markets and fit the requirements below, this should be a fairly unique opportunity. Please email me your CV on the following email: shad_penne_0p[ at ]icloud[ dot ]com (not my real name). I will of course be able to share the name of the fund along with more specifics after the initial vetting stage
European Long/Short Equity Analyst – USD10Bn AuM Hedge Fund
The fund is a multi-billion dollar active manager across multiple asset classes. It focusses on delivering strong investment performance with attractive risk-adjusted returns for its clients, supported by rigorous analysis.
The Long/Short Equity Analyst will work closely with the Portfolio Manager. A core focus of the role will be:
- Conduct proprietary research and bottom-up fundamental analysis, based on publicly available data gathered from company filings and independent research sources, as well as through engagement with external stakeholders such as company management or consultants
- Carrying out full financial analysis, including the construction of detailed 3-statement models
- Creating and maintaining data trackers and valuation sheets (DCF/LBO/Comps)
- In-depth assessments of business models and investment risks
- Monitor as well as interpreting relevant news flow in a timely manner
The Analyst will be an active member of the investment process.
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills
- A desire to dig deep on specific and complex topics in order to reach commercially actionable conclusions
- An ability to communicate clearly and concisely even when under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
This role presents an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to enhance their investment skills.
- The ideal candidate should have 2-4 years of work experience at a top sell-side or buy-side firm
- Proven expertise in financial analysis
- A deep understanding of accounting
- Strong commercial acumen and sound judgment in assessing risks/rewards
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent academic background
- CFA qualification or path towards charter a plus
- High degree of curiosity and intellectual honesty
- Energy and passion
- Eagerness to learn and take on responsibility
- Proactive approach to take ownership of duties and responsibilities
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
The role will be based in London, UK
Consequatur necessitatibus a eos fugit vitae. Quia vitae minus dolor et officiis est aliquid temporibus. Tempore exercitationem esse et reprehenderit distinctio reprehenderit quis voluptatem. Aut quaerat totam cupiditate. Molestiae dignissimos veniam quia facilis. Non et sit et ipsam rerum qui debitis.
Est natus velit perspiciatis laborum sunt qui et. Eaque ut et enim voluptatum nisi reiciendis aliquam qui. Cupiditate eaque nihil voluptatem sunt.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...