BEST Picks for 2024

If you had to pick one stock (no indexes) to put 100% of your PA in right now, what stock would you choose and why? You can't sell until 2025.

Mine...PLTR or SHOP. Donated all of my PLTR and SHOP last month to avoid capital gains, which makes me hesitant to jump back in. Might wheel them in my PA.

Probably AAPL as it is underweight by active managers, not cheap at 30x P/E but has lots of shots on goal and doesn’t really have a bear case other than china near-term slowdown. Would put #2 MSFT which is only mid-20s P/E and the cloud business has AI benefit. #3 CRWD - growing very fast and cyber will be important in the future, more important than today

AAPL scares me over the long-term (10 years ish) because it seems like they're not the big innovators like they used to be. Mac & macbook sales will decline and not rebound anytime soon unless they start to make serious changes. Any guy under the age of 30 wants a gaming computer instead. The only people who still buy macbooks are college-age girls or hip tech-VC guys.

I wonder if the stock can pop and gain some positive momentum in 2024...How much of an impact do you think the Vision Pro sales will have on the stock?

People have been saying this about Apple for the last 10 years while the stock has gone up 10x. MacBook sales account for 10% of total sales and isn’t really that relevant going forward. 

Wow wait you're right...Can't let anyone on here steal my idea. God forbid the anonymous intern buy my publicly traded stock picks with the $5k they have in savings and wreck my alpha. Thanks for the advice. I'll delete this thread since you helped me realize that I hate hearing what other stocks people are excited about.

CELH. Total shitco but gonna figure it out and steal MNST share (I’m brutally addicted and prefer the “Peter Lynch” style of investing)

Et et qui similique nihil tempora sed ut. Earum et odit corporis qui esse nam incidunt rerum. Provident voluptatibus veniam voluptatem natus id dolores. Voluptatum beatae reprehenderit vel tempore.

Odit et dolorum sunt quia officia expedita in aliquid. Perferendis possimus sit maxime sint expedita. Tempore quia magni nobis qui aut. Et eum magni distinctio aliquam enim maxime pariatur adipisci. Asperiores nemo temporibus libero vel aut. Fugiat quod qui error quis non et. Qui totam dignissimos minima omnis corrupti autem esse.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”