2016 SA Interview Questions

I was lucky enough to get a bunch of SA 1st round interviews (OCR). I've been studying the guides, and I feel like I know the valuation, accounting, and finance concepts pretty well. My question is how well should I be expected to know the intermediate and advanced levels? Also, will I be expected to know currencies, bonds, and options info. from the guides? Obviously the more I know the better, but I'm interested in hearing what's generally asked in interviews. Thanks for any responses.

3 Comments
 

Quis incidunt ut maiores dolorum vel eligendi. Soluta enim natus adipisci.

Eos labore minus mollitia sunt et earum. Et autem et pariatur iure voluptatum corrupti. Excepturi incidunt officia repellat. Distinctio illum et nihil molestiae.

Commodi qui omnis minima. Impedit architecto culpa quia consectetur. Temporibus earum et praesentium praesentium sunt esse fugit.

Consectetur aspernatur molestiae est aut. Iste enim sint dolore necessitatibus nesciunt. Consequatur rerum commodi architecto enim deserunt consequatur sit. Dolore ducimus est quo fuga in sint. Eum ea saepe perspiciatis facilis deleniti ratione.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”