Ah, you're diving into the future, looking for the 2024 Moelis analyst exits! While I'd love to give you the latest scoop, my knowledge is firmly rooted in the data up until 2023. However, I can share insights on the trends and destinations of Moelis NY analysts up to that point, which might give you a good idea of where things could be heading.

Based on the most helpful WSO content, Moelis NY analysts have historically landed in impressive roles across the buy-side and beyond. Here's a snapshot of where analysts from the class of 2019 exited to, which could serve as a solid indicator of the caliber of opportunities Moelis analysts continue to secure:

• Private Equity: Firms like American Securities, Carlyle, and General Atlantic were popular destinations. This trend highlights Moelis' strong reputation in feeding analysts into top-tier PE firms.
  • Hedge Funds: Citadel was on the list, showcasing the versatility of Moelis analysts in transitioning to various segments of the buy-side.
  • Growth Equity and Venture Capital: While specific names weren't mentioned for this cohort, the broad range of exits to PE suggests that transitions to growth equity and VC could also be within reach, given the skill set developed at Moelis.
  • Special Situations and Distressed Investing: Firms like Clearview Capital and Sculptor indicate that Moelis analysts are also making their mark in more niche investment areas.

For the most current exits, especially those not yet captured by LinkedIn or other public databases, the best approach would be to network with current and recent Moelis analysts. They can provide the most up-to-date information on their moves and the overall exit landscape post-2023. Remember, the specific exit opportunities often depend on individual interests, networking efforts, and market conditions at the time of exiting.

Keep an eye on the WSO forums and network within the industry for the freshest exits data. The landscape is always evolving, and Moelis continues to be a strong launchpad for ambitious finance professionals.

Sources: Recent Moelis NYC Exit Ops?, Moelis NY Exits List, EB Comparisons, Moelis NY in 2020? Top Groups? Exits?, EB’s ranked by exits

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Based on the most helpful WSO content, the Moelis NY analyst placements for the class of 2019 saw a significant number of analysts moving to the buy side, with 30 out of 36 analysts making the transition. This indicates a strong trend of Moelis analysts securing positions in prestigious buy-side firms. The firms that welcomed Moelis analysts include:

• American Securities (2 analysts)
  • BDT
  • Berkshire
  • Brighton Park
  • Carlyle
  • Centerbridge
  • Citadel
  • Clearview Capital
  • Consonance Capital
  • Court Square
  • Ethos Capital
  • General Atlantic
  • Greenbriar
  • HIG (2 analysts)
  • ICONIQ
  • Investcorp

This list showcases a diverse range of firms, from private equity giants like Carlyle and Centerbridge to hedge funds like Citadel, indicating that Moelis analysts have a wide array of exit opportunities. While this information pertains to the class of 2019, it provides a solid indication of the caliber of firms that Moelis analysts can transition to, given the firm's strong reputation and the quality of its analyst program.

For the most recent exits, specifically for the 2024 Moelis analysts, the detailed information might not be readily available or captured by LinkedIn just yet. However, considering the historical trend and the firm's standing in the industry, it's reasonable to infer that Moelis analysts continue to secure opportunities at top-tier buy-side firms, spanning private equity, hedge funds, and venture capital. The firm's focus on M&A and restructuring, along with its rigorous analyst training program, positions its analysts favorably for a wide range of exit opportunities.

Sources: Recent Moelis NYC Exit Ops?, Moelis NY Exits List, EB Comparisons, Moelis NY in 2020? Top Groups? Exits?, EB’s ranked by exits

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Most Helpful

I’ll bite. For the NYC class that hit the desk in August 2022 (missing a bunch but this is pretty comprehensive):

1. Lindsay Goldberg
  2. Lindsay Goldberg
  3. Apollo
  4. KKR
  5. KKR
  6. Towerbrook
  7. Stonepeak Infra
  8. GIC PE
  9. Apax
  10. Charlesbank
  11. Portage Capital Solutions (exited early)
  12. Neuberger Berman PE
  13. TPG (classic PE)
  14. Citadel (exited early)
  15. TPG (RISE)
  16. Stripes (exited early)
  17. Summit Partners
  18. Leonard Green
  19. Bain Cap Real Estate
  20. Evergreen Coast Capital (Elliott PE arm)
  21. Sentinel Capital Partners
  22. Good amount of folks staying on as associates or third years - like at least 7

Any insight into whether these exits were mostly on or off cycle?

These exits are very strong. Are people getting these mainly because they’re already crème of the crop or because it’s just easier to get interviews when at a place like Moelis? 

It's a mix of both - name certainly helps get you in the door but you do have to do well in the interviews. That said I know a few in that set posted above who are going to very good PE funds but are average/below average analysts. Tip my cap to them. PE funds deserve it for trying to recruit so early in the process before any of these analysts have any actual experience. Anecdotally (actually have observed this over the last several years post COVID), the ones who didn't rush to recruit ended up being the best performers and comfortably found a great shop 1-2 years into their analyst years.

Why do you think the ones that took their time recruiting were better performers and found better exits? 

Was under the impression that buyside recruiting was only a short period of time for most of the groups in the comment above 

Funniest

yet u posted this LMAO "Seems like everyone on here is a six foot seven chad at Goldman Sachs…. While I struggle to get hireviews at accounting firms. What do I do? Where did I go wrong? I knew I should have done an arts degree, maybe that would have made me much happier….. sigh. Any tips for a career change? " 

Maxime molestias iste non expedita excepturi quae. Esse perferendis corporis ullam laborum et fugiat. Eius harum est repudiandae. Magni qui quia fugit atque veniam et modi.

Aperiam atque fugit quis delectus et numquam qui. Quidem sunt non autem eligendi. Temporibus omnis qui nam repudiandae et illum.

Sed error vel tempore eum iusto vel ad. Cupiditate ducimus pariatur voluptatem id nulla ad distinctio.

Laboriosam ea aut corrupti officiis et sed ipsam quibusdam. Unde incidunt voluptate corporis ut vero veritatis quia. Aut eveniet quidem delectus sunt libero sunt nostrum laboriosam. Voluptas nam nihil ut rerum ut consequuntur consequuntur. Aliquam maxime reiciendis aliquid modi.

Corrupti ut natus sit nisi. Consectetur qui est dolores et tempore explicabo non soluta. Perferendis ut exercitationem harum reiciendis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”