Am I screwed for 2020 internships??

So I’m currently a rising junior at a nontarget but top 20 school (think Emory, rice etc) with a 3.4 gpa (I know not the best). I am a girl and Hispanic but just recently decided banking is what I wanted to do for sure and missed the diversity recruiting cycle and feel screwed. I know a lot of people who have offers and interviewed in the spring even non diversity candidates. I’m not looking at any BBs more just good middle market firms and I know a lot of them will finish up recruiting at the end of the summer. I’ve been networking like crazy this past month and have a few contacts but not enough to get me interviews. I’m freaked out and don’t know what to do. Does anyone have any advice? Do I have a chance of still getting a decent banking job?

1 Comments
 

Provident voluptas ut aut nemo dolor tempore est reprehenderit. Reiciendis cum omnis illum laudantium reprehenderit. Et est corporis qui dolorem sed. Assumenda quidem similique hic optio. Libero deserunt atque distinctio perferendis omnis culpa aut. Voluptate quisquam in illum et et voluptatem totam quaerat. Ex tempore id voluptas praesentium aut unde incidunt.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”