Average SA-to-FT Signing Bonuses (2012)

Hey guys,

Was curious what kind of SA-to-FT signing bonuses BBs and top boutiques have been offering to NYC IBD interns the past couple weeks.

Are people getting more/less than 10k pre-tax? What's the average this cycle? Facing exploding signing bonuses/offers?

Don't mean to be a penny pincher, but thought signing bonuses might be somewhat indicative of overall discretionary compensation policies. Then again, maybe not.

Thanks in advance.

(I know a lotta people out there are struggling to find FT jobs, so sorry if this rubs anyone the wrong way)

6 Comments
 

Not in NYC, but I'm getting 15k @ "Elite Boutique" in SF.

“The shepherd always tries to persuade the sheep that their interests and his own are the same.” -Stendhal
 
leveRAGE..
Can I do early "singing" at karaoke night bro? ;) How did your summer go?
I am permanently behind on PMs, it's not personal.
 

Molestiae dolore a aut illo necessitatibus. Fugiat impedit pariatur ipsum eum vel assumenda maiores. Quia sunt consequatur omnis quo voluptatibus est accusamus.

I am permanently behind on PMs, it's not personal.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
bolo up's picture
bolo up
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”