Barclays vs CVP SA 2024

What would you choose? I don’t know if I want to recruit for PE. I’d likely stay in finance after IB, but not sure if I want to go the CorpDev either.

Barclays: - lower comp - not generalist, but could likely get groups I want - groups I want have terrific hours - bulge bracket

CVP: - high comp, great perks - generalist, good for me since I don’t know what group I’d want - worse hours - boutique, but not sure about future stability and dealflow

6 Comments
 

I feel that a bulge would help with exits if I decide to go more into corporates that don’t necessarily know much about finance. The hours would also be much better.

 

I’m sorry but this is just silly as someone at Bank of America with friends at both firms. CVP is a no brainer here, hours are NOT better at Barclays unless you’re in a product group- which isn’t M&A and the exits reflect that. Recruiting for corporates from cvp you will not be at any disadvantage and if you’re good, senior bankers will go to bat for you. There are stories on here about someone who exited as an associate into a head of X role at Kraft Heinz. Pretty good opportunity to me

 

Repellendus autem omnis aliquam at provident asperiores fuga. Soluta accusantium dignissimos officia perspiciatis inventore. Corrupti recusandae magni inventore quia. Natus minus aperiam velit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”