Consolidated Canadian Summer 2023 Placements

Currently a sophomore at a Canadian target and made a spreadsheet for all of the Canadian placements for Summer 2023 to see which firms to target. I received an offer for Summer 2024, so I thought I would share it with everyone in case it is helpful. I got all placement data from public websites of school clubs and organizations. 

Western University / Ivey:

  1. Evercore, NYC
  2. Evercore, NYC
  3. Goldman Sachs, Toronto
  4. Evercore, NYC
  5. BDT, Chicago
  6. Rothschild, Toronto
  7. Evercore, NYC
  8. Evercore, NYC
  9. PJT, San Francisco
  10. Goldman Sachs, Toronto
  11. PJT, NYC
  12. Silver Lake, Menlo Park
  13. PJT, NYC
  14. Barclays, Toronto
  15. Blackstone, NYC

Queens University:

  1. BC Partners, NYC
  2. BDT, Chicago
  3. Blackstone, NYC
  4. Evercore, Houston
  5. Goldman Sachs, Seattle
  6. Moelis, LA
  7. Rothschild, Toronto
  8. PJT, NYC
  9. Point72, NYC
  10. Bank of America, Toronto
  11. William Blair, NYC
  12. Moelis, NYC
  13. Moelis, San Francisco
  14. Point72, NYC

Wilfred Laurier University:

  1. Ares, LA
  2. Ares, LA
  3. Evercore, NYC
  4. UBS, Toronto
  5. Greenhill, Toronto

Waterloo University:

  1. Ares, LA
  2. Evercore, NYC
  3. Moelis, NYC
  4. Ardea Partners, NYC
  5. Goldman Sachs, Toronto

University of British Columbia:

  1. Barclays, Toronto
  2. Moelis, Los Angeles
  3. Moelis, Los Angeles
  4. UBS, Toronto

McGill University:

  1. Barclays, Toronto
  2. Morgan Stanley, Toronto
  3. Moelis, NYC
  4. Evercore, Houston

University of Toronto:

  1. None

York University / Schulich:

  1. Greenhill, NYC
  2. Credit Suisse, Toronto

Concordia University

  1. Ares, LA
  2. Blackstone, NYC
  3. Bank of America, Montreal
  4. UBS, Toronto
  5. Lazard, Toronto
41 Comments
 

As per friends, adding to University of British Columbia:

  • Goldman Sachs, New York
  • Evercore, San Francisco
  • GoldenTree Asset Mgmt, New York
 

One of those "if you know you know" places, I only know cause I come across them in rx lol. Top shop in the space, rumored +275k for fresh undergrads, but they take maybe like 1 or 2 people each year. I would personally put GoldenTree a notch below a place like Diameter, but the latter doesn't take interns.

 

I’m going to catch MS for this, but what’s with Ares LA taking all these Canadians / non targets? This thread alone has 7 mentions of Ares LA. Surely that’s like half the SA class or more.

I know they’re strong in NYC but not sure of their status in LA… can’t be a coincidence if all these kids are going to LA and not NYC. What’s going on?

 

Certain schools (ie Laurier and Waterloo) have off cycle internship programs, meaning they apply to these summer roles in the US having already done legit IB/PE/AM internships. A lot of folks interviewing in the states look very positively on that.

 

I made this to strategize which firms to aim for given not all firms sponsor / are open to Canadians

I don’t see what the issue is, I thought I’d share it to help others

 

Anyone know if the Ivey Evercore placements are all NY M&A? How about PJT?

 

For Ivey there’s one more EVR NY M&A, one more GS Toronto, one EVR Menlo and one MS Toronto

 

With the way Schulich kids act you'd think they had the best lands in the country 

 

Est odio eius odio voluptatem qui quasi. Cupiditate similique cupiditate quas velit quos magni. Laborum quia earum odit nam ad.

Libero repellendus officiis voluptatem tempore veritatis. Earum beatae esse ut nulla culpa qui. Reprehenderit animi in natus tempora earum possimus. Est eum animi inventore libero illo asperiores. In non est iste ducimus beatae eum accusamus. Voluptas eaque natus est inventore cumque.

Sed illo est ut suscipit ut numquam omnis. Quis eum doloribus tempora et et commodi sunt et. Rerum dolores ducimus quis eos ut. Ipsam qui itaque molestiae illum ut ut laudantium. Nam voluptatem voluptatibus animi tenetur.

 

Veritatis debitis sint saepe. Et quaerat non voluptas quia voluptates beatae. Quas voluptatibus temporibus explicabo magni iure magnam enim. Sed qui et labore consectetur eius nobis reprehenderit. Sint quis consequatur inventore pariatur.

Rerum impedit dicta occaecati sunt accusamus eveniet repudiandae. Porro quae suscipit nobis corporis soluta itaque est sed. Nobis ipsam iure nihil enim. Dolore est asperiores ipsum aperiam. Rerum quasi ut enim. Nisi illo fugiat qui aut.

Tempore aspernatur iusto in. Aut minus odit nostrum est quis corrupti quidem. Amet itaque consequatur quo occaecati eos tempore exercitationem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
7
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”