GS, MS, JPM Summer 2021 Recruiting

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with an accelerated interview with any of these banks (or other firms that recruit in the summer/fall) due to an exploding offer?

I'm a current sophomore that is trying to figure out how to navigate this staggering recruiting season.

Thanks!

67 Comments
 

GS/JPM will not accelerate you not matter what. There is strict company policy stemming from seniors and I know for a fact that the recruiting teams have met to discuss this issue. I faced the same dilemma when I recruited, as it was even more staggered than it was now. You either risk it and wait, or you play it safe and sign the first offer you get. There really is no "strategy" here to navigate the recruiting season. It is what it is.

Source: Incoming analyst at GS/JPM and campus ambassador at target

 

What about diversity recruiting / Goldman's spring undergraduate camp participants

 

Is JP and GS going to be doing on campus recruiting, or they done with that?

 

ms will open apps in spring but recruit in summer/fall, gs/jpm will recruit in fall

 

info sessions yes. first rounds no.

first round at GS is literally a hirevue.

 

It's important to know everything about the industry try getting a subscription with the economist here is a link economist.com/ev5 that will get you the first 12 weeks for $12 and another link for economist.com/TNEV5 a 51 week digital subscription.

 

July 1 is when they open the application but would advise to fill out ASAP afterwards

 
Funniest

Summer 2021 is already filled up for GS/MS/JPM.

You were a bit late with your post.

 

Good chance that 2020 summer's will do their internship onsite for 2021. So the slots are already filled.

 

I had experience with this when I was recruiting for my SA position-

I got an exploding offer from a top MM shop (HL/Blair/Baird/etc) as I was interviewing with MS. I got a super day invite from MS but it was after my MM offer expired. I explained the situation to my MS interviewer (he followed up with me after I got the superday invite, I mentioned the offer), and he said he would try to figure it out with HR. However, he told me a few days later there was nothing HR could do because they didn't have superdays set up, so my options were either accept the MM offer or turn it down and hope for MS. I'm a risk averse person, so I accepted the MM offer.

I got the return offer from my MM and intended on at least shopping it a little for FT recruiting, but once again the deadlines were pretty quick. The return offer was exploding and MS (and other places) process didn't move fast enough, so I took the MM offer.

Now here I am as an analyst considering trying to lateral out of the same MM, so interpret this story as you will. On one hand, I might have 'settled', in that I probably had a good chance at a more prestigious bank (either as an SA or during FT recruiting). On the other hand, my lateral situation is looking pretty good and I think I'll be able to get a 'better' position if I decide I want one, and I have a banking job that I like at a solid firm. In my opinion, the current situation (feeling like I settled) is about a million times better than potentially ending up with no offer, and I would forever regret turning down the offer I had if I tried to recruit to go for MS and failed.

A final note- absolutely never renege. I've heard too many stories from kids at my school and others in the industry of horror stories. The risk just isn't worth it.

 

Can you share why you're looking to lateral when you're already at a top MM? I've heard normally heard positive things about the top MMs in term of culture, compensation, and deal flow.

 

Tried to accelerate the first two, but didn't work for MS and I think they're against reneging, GS called to tell me they wouldn't mind me recruiting for SA even after I've accepted the offer (aka renege) and JPM also probably doesn't care

 

same situation, ended up accepting the original offer I had. are you considering continuing to recruit for GS as I know hirevues for IBD are out?

 

MS is open but apps will not be reviewed until after July 27 (non-rolling). Have given out offers to accelerated already (can't confirm if this is still ongoing tbh) JPM is open and has an accelerated process – the accelerated process has superdays in July (can confirm as I'm in it), not sure about regular but I assume in August as that was the case last year and they told me accelerated candidates have supers in July. Either way, I would still apply ASAP. GS opens July 1. Some other threads say that they've received an accelerated process, which is new this year.

 

Et labore ipsam eum amet. Ut eius tenetur debitis sit tempora magni dolore natus. Sequi magni occaecati labore unde veritatis maxime aut.

Voluptatem quibusdam sed recusandae quisquam. Est et sunt quam magnam itaque dolorem. Iusto optio alias odit impedit. Corrupti quia minus sunt illum quisquam sint. Tenetur omnis quasi doloribus in laborum. Quo libero sit dolorem ut.

Ratione qui illo ad sit nulla. Quas illum non enim quaerat repudiandae debitis. Culpa repellendus in ducimus et adipisci eum. Dolore tenetur veniam exercitationem explicabo aspernatur.

Iusto asperiores sit nihil in sit enim. Ipsam praesentium voluptatum voluptatem ex. Provident qui non ut nisi. Deleniti est atque omnis maiores. Voluptatem consectetur aliquam et dolores modi voluptatem porro rerum.

 

Voluptatem aliquid illum ut beatae quas aliquid. Eligendi minus porro est animi et incidunt. Distinctio facilis molestias qui dolor.

Non a aut facilis. Est ipsum qui explicabo ut saepe qui sed officia. Quam deleniti officiis aut ut.

Pariatur quaerat totam placeat ullam saepe. Aut numquam sit sit aut non vero. Et quia eveniet vel et optio vitae. Numquam facere consequuntur voluptatum ullam exercitationem excepturi.

 

Error quia aut quod quas ipsum facere. Atque illum minus velit qui soluta inventore necessitatibus.

Molestiae libero sit sit eius voluptas et. Hic dolorem dolorum consequuntur amet voluptate rerum.

Ad quos exercitationem fugit qui. Nulla adipisci sit aliquid blanditiis. Molestiae iusto non distinctio natus. Aut quisquam aut est libero deserunt quia quidem. Illum consequatur aperiam quam perspiciatis atque in.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”