HSBC SA 2022
Just applied and got assessment email. Anyone know about the timeline in general......................
Just applied and got assessment email. Anyone know about the timeline in general......................
| +186 | Piper Sandler in talks to acquire PWP | 75 | 1d |
| +124 | UBS Appears to be Exploring Sale | 19 | 4d |
| +101 | Paradise Is Paradise | 8 | 1d |
| +80 | Drunk VP. How to manage? | 27 | 2d |
| +40 | How do I take my foot off the gas? (AN1) | 4 | 2d |
| +38 | Lazard US Views 2026/2027 | 13 | 2d |
| +26 | Why did EVR succeed vs GHL or PWP that ended up getting acquired? | 9 | 1d |
| +22 | Mandated 9:00am Arrival? | 6 | 5d |
| +21 | Prestige Upgrade: Incoming Piper Sandler Intern (PWP Merger) | 4 | 5d |
| +21 | How early is to early? | 9 | 16h |
Career Resources
--
Anyone know about the sophomore process?
Where is the app posted?
Anybody get the job simulation survey after getting the previous assessment?
I did but have yet to do the job simulation. Do you know what it is?
No clue I haven't done it yet. Do all these assessments even matter or anything. I haven't networked really.
I just did it. It’s basically like any online assessment, but it was questions about real life scenarios. A little difficult in the beginning actually
BUMP
Wait where is this app posted?
it was on their careers site
bump
Bump
Bump
HR said they'll actually start recruiting late aug/early sept
Anyone got first rounds ?
Bump
first rounds sent out?
havent heard anything yet
Nothing
Where did you hear that Barclays. HSBC, UBS, and DB were recruiting in the fall?
^^
What about S&T
Any updates on this process?
Nothing yet
Any update after job simulation?
I got a notice that I passed the job simulation last week and that a real person will review my application.
Same. Anyone know HR email address?
Just took the 3rd assessment, does anyone know what is next?
Any updates guys in regards to time line for this application? Any first rounds sent out ?
Any update?
still nothing
smh, you really want to work for the cartel bank? Citi gets shit on for its regulation issues rn and Wells is where snakes go to commit felonies (commercial banking, no hate on their IB), but HSBC is where you go to fuel terrorists and drug cartels. And that shit is never changing, HSBC is so entrenched in horrid shit - avoid it at all costs. If it's your only offer go for it, but any other shop would be so much better.
Anyone get a first round? I got the invite yesterday.
Same
what was your first round interview for and how was it
Hey also just curious about your first round interview experience, how was it and what did they ask you?
what was your first round interview for and how was it
Hey just curious about your first round interview experience and if possible what did they ask you?
Anyone know what happens after job simulation assessment? I received an email saying that I have met minimum standards but I’m not really sure what that means. Does anyone know next steps/how long it usually takes to hear back? For commercial banking SA btw.
Anyone had a markets superday and heard back today?
Anyone else get a Super Day for tomorrow with very little heads up?
I got the invitation on Tuesday and sent in my preferences. Haven't got the official email on the interview times yet.
Have you done the 4 micro exercises? I have no idea what those are about. Are they like case studies and are they difficult?
did u hear back yet?
Is this for IB?
Yes.
hi did u hear back yet?
I have not. Did you also have a super day and not hear back yet?
I was the morning session and I have not heard back yet. They said we would hear back early this week, so should be soon.
This is for markets so may not apply to IB. I got my superday the day I had my first round interview and my superday was like 2-3 days after my first round. Pretty fast turn-around for markets it seems.
I am currently at HSBC. Did my first round in November and got my offer in December last year so should be similar for you guys.
do you know the timeline for sophomores?
how long after superday did you receive offer?
For most of us looks like first rounds haven't happened yet. if anyone here's anything please let us noe
I got a first round and finished superday - got offer as well. I'm sure there are multiple waves though
was this for mss? Did you take the offer?
Anyone get offers yet?
No
Did you have a super day yet?
did u ?
Has anyone had super day for commercial banking? Haven’t heard anything back since the assessments.
.
How are the technical interviews at the investment banking Super Day? Basic, common questions?
Did S&T superday. I had 2 technical interviews, and 2 behavioral. Could be different for IB though. Also we had pretty fast turnaround for HSBC as well
Any news on offers for MSS graduate program? Had super day first week of October and HR/interviewers keep stringing along. Some contacts have said the heads of the Global Markets grad HR team just left the bank?
Had first round about 10 days ago, haven't heard back yet. Anyone get super day invites yet?
still waiting on first round personally
Got a few referrals for a first round phone screen, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone know when more supers/first rounds are occuring?
No clue. Been waiting personally for quite a bit, with referrals from within the company.
Delete
Not SA but just got a Superday invite today for this Friday for IB Generalist FT
Congrats and wishing you the best. How long did it take to hear back after the job simulation?
Last I heard from them was Oct 11 with an email that said I passed both stages of the assessment and they would be in contact with further steps. Until today it was radio silence.
Congrats, how did the superday go?
It went well! 2 technical interviews and two behavioral (they call them strength and motivation). Nothing too crazy in terms of questions. Make sure you know what’s going on in the markets, with the FED, etc.
Last I heard from them was Oct 11 with an email that said I passed both stages of the assessment and they would be in contact with further steps. Until today it was radio silence.
Yesterday (12/9) got a super day invitation for Global Private Banking. I never had a first-round, they just gave me the super day. Scheduled for the 14th.
Had my superday a few days ago. Went well. 2 Technical and 2 Behavioral interviews ~30 min each. Got the offer a few hours after the interviews.
Summer Analyst ? Global Banking - IB ?
How long until a status update after the super day?
Typically within a day or two. They usually let candidates know pretty quickly.
Dang then I guess it was a rejection for me. Super day was Friday and nothing back
what should I do if I my application has been on hold at HSBC for a month? I have reached out, but they have not yet responded. Haven't been rejected yet either, seems odd.
Sit voluptatem quis reiciendis sint autem eveniet voluptatum. Accusantium incidunt id corrupti fuga officiis. Ut praesentium delectus nam aut nisi exercitationem.
Dignissimos provident magnam voluptas iste consequuntur possimus quisquam. Omnis et provident aut quos incidunt laboriosam et. Molestiae voluptas eveniet deleniti ex at dolorem provident. Adipisci qui voluptatem quia placeat voluptatem. Eos alias qui dolorem saepe.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Atque odio dignissimos qui quasi. Repellendus voluptatibus at dicta mollitia voluptate. Amet cum neque blanditiis dignissimos. Deserunt impedit voluptatem illo in.
Autem provident ut quia sit est. Quia exercitationem consectetur sunt aut cumque voluptatem. Voluptatem minus et minus eum.
Eveniet sit est repudiandae autem. Occaecati itaque sit vero autem eum ea ab. Voluptatum sit dolor ratione quaerat. Rem tempora eos velit excepturi aspernatur quia. Tempora voluptate laudantium aperiam sit. Doloribus quaerat consequatur quia sunt ipsa repellat.
Doloribus omnis qui sunt quia et beatae. Voluptates dolore accusantium qui quo ad ut labore. Libero necessitatibus magnam corporis error et aspernatur. Odio qui itaque nihil debitis omnis. Quia impedit voluptatem optio id qui aut quae. Suscipit et minima neque odio nemo sed libero aliquid.
Repellendus quia rerum saepe libero qui natus. Esse sunt facilis numquam eveniet neque. Harum voluptas voluptatibus quasi aliquid ut quisquam. Quia enim necessitatibus sunt cum commodi assumenda. Architecto vero aut sed nostrum omnis aliquam.
Placeat ipsum autem pariatur corrupti repudiandae odio. Ea sed eum adipisci quas. Placeat eligendi ducimus possimus dignissimos reprehenderit.
Voluptas laudantium hic odio aut possimus. Saepe aut et optio porro corrupti officiis tenetur est. Cumque blanditiis qui provident tempore voluptatem veniam provident. Nobis officia ea ipsum numquam aut magni.
Culpa repellat omnis aspernatur deserunt id. Soluta fugit ut ipsam odio. Aliquid quibusdam voluptas totam nostrum minima aut.
Placeat iste quos qui doloremque officia voluptatem ut. Amet id rerum eos laboriosam ut. Dolores recusandae repudiandae itaque accusamus nobis esse natus facere.
Debitis optio sint ad voluptatem iure necessitatibus. Deleniti et libero animi nulla autem esse minima.