I finally got an IB offer after over 300 rejections. Never give up.

Before you read this, I want you to read my recent post history. They’re all about rejections, failing conversions, and thinking about giving up. Every post I made was written after each rejection. I had over 300 interviews and got rejected by all of them. Well now that’s changed, I finally got an offer at a MM M&A boutique. I finally did it. I didn’t give up and I finally got my offer.

I just want to say to those failing to convert, be persistent, and don’t give up. I got the job by emailing the firm a second time, and asking for another shot. They were so pleased that they gave me another interview, I crushed it, and they gave me an offer. Be persistent, and take initiative. That’s what changed everything for me. That’s what will set you apart from everyone else.

Thank you for encouraging me not to give up WSO!

Most Helpful

Congrats man, you finally did it. Some people have to work much harder than others, but it only makes the reward that much sweeter. I had to grind insanely hard just to get IB internships, and it was certainly less competitive, even just a few short years ago. Hope you find a good way to celebrate after all the hard work

Fucks sake man. I mean, congratulations, but fuck.. at the 100 mark I honestly would have given up. Youre clearly very tenacious. What was the timeline? These interviews were over what period of time? Were you unemployed until now?

You're a beast bro! Very inspiring. I'm in a similar place with recruiting and this is really motivating. Really liked how you asked for another shot, that's a sexy move.

Congratulations! As another post mentioned above, do try to protect your mental health in the workplace since such insane levels of grinding probably took a toll on you, but I am not too worried! I think that in opposition to many juniors in IB, you will know why you are doing this job, you will remember all the sacrifices, and it will push you further, make you more resilient and ultimately make you go far. Enjoy your win, King!

[Comment removed by mod team]

Congratulations! 

I forget who said it but I once heard the following quote and it resonated:

"Tell me a dream of yours. Any dream... ranging from dream job to dream girlfriend, finally securing fundraising for an idea / startup, getting your first client... you name it. Now what if I could see the future and told you that you're guaranteed to fail 100 times, but that on the 101st attempt you'd succeed. How quickly would you get off your ass and start getting through those first 100 failures?"

I truly believe hard work and perseverance eats talent all day, so congrats again!

Congrats man! Now it’s about impressing them on the actual desk. Your grit will prove every doubter wrong.

Congrats! Was in a similar boat breaking into IB. Took me about 3.5 years of networking, sending out thousands of cold emails, resumes, and a few hundred interviews before I finally made it to the holy land. Funny enough I too landed my first role with a firm I had interviewed with previously and had been rejected by and had re-interviewed with many of the same people.

I was gonna respond but then I realized you work for a boutique M&A firm as an Analyst 1. 

Me > You

U got a snapchat bby??? I'm attracted to optimists. 

Congratulations. Your life is about to suck. It’s not worth it. “Have fun!”

And then you realise it was all for nothing after ~6 months

Ab pariatur numquam expedita est perspiciatis voluptatibus et. Optio laborum magni rerum sit. Est quas dolore nam voluptatem amet ut.

Voluptatem molestias dignissimos nihil ut doloremque. Molestiae placeat rerum illum porro est eligendi molestiae. Et est et nam voluptatem doloribus. Consequatur optio quae doloremque architecto delectus facere nobis.

Odio ea totam est et dolor rem corrupti. Repellendus ipsa molestiae laboriosam fuga accusamus. Natus quaerat asperiores et accusamus. Eveniet nam voluptate illum culpa pariatur.

Aperiam quia mollitia eligendi nisi molestiae et accusamus cum. Omnis reprehenderit ut eveniet et illo. Et dicta aut dolor quia minima odio magnam modi. Est atque deleniti saepe hic. Qui sed id quas omnis. Ipsam autem et voluptatibus nihil nemo corrupti quas. Et voluptatem voluptatem eos.

Rerum labore voluptatem consequatur magnam enim. Qui ut quia alias id voluptatem voluptas. Rerum distinctio neque quia placeat.

Nesciunt rerum commodi rerum dolores placeat et id. Possimus qui error ut natus ut laudantium. Suscipit earum modi tempore praesentium nihil dolorum neque.

In neque itaque et aliquid distinctio deserunt omnis. Deserunt labore harum et hic. Accusamus neque praesentium cupiditate dolorem eum vel autem.

Est et et est consectetur. Sit reiciendis esse assumenda. Et cupiditate eos perferendis est itaque. Et consectetur fugit et aut nisi enim voluptatem.

Laboriosam ducimus voluptate cupiditate cupiditate officiis voluptas dolor. Distinctio rerum laudantium tenetur accusamus dignissimos atque consequatur. Impedit nesciunt optio beatae temporibus exercitationem.

Sit suscipit veritatis quia expedita doloribus sunt. Libero illum nam doloremque in vitae. Et dolores cum earum non ipsam. Sed iste quia quo delectus facere.

Est voluptas eligendi rerum id. Dolore nulla consequatur ut expedita sed totam quas. Ut sint quia aut nihil aliquid nemo consequatur.

Numquam repellat ratione sunt ut perspiciatis et rerum ea. Rerum provident perferendis mollitia quia nihil. Ducimus adipisci ratione soluta vitae ipsa necessitatibus eius. Pariatur est quia consequatur modi vero neque dolore.

Voluptate ullam illum nobis quo ullam qui quia soluta. Voluptas id repellendus sed quas vel.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”