I finally got an IB offer after over 300 rejections. Never give up.

Before you read this, I want you to read my recent post history. They’re all about rejections, failing conversions, and thinking about giving up. Every post I made was written after each rejection. I had over 300 interviews and got rejected by all of them. Well now that’s changed, I finally got an offer at a MM M&A boutique. I finally did it. I didn’t give up and I finally got my offer. I just want to say to those failing to convert, be persistent, and don’t give up. I got the job by emailing the firm a second time, and asking for another shot. They were so pleased that they gave me another interview, I crushed it, and they gave me an offer. Be persistent, and take initiative. That’s what changed everything for me. That’s what will set you apart from everyone else. Thank you for encouraging me not to give up WSO!

87 Comments
 
Most Helpful

Congrats man, you finally did it. Some people have to work much harder than others, but it only makes the reward that much sweeter. I had to grind insanely hard just to get IB internships, and it was certainly less competitive, even just a few short years ago. Hope you find a good way to celebrate after all the hard work

 

Fucks sake man. I mean, congratulations, but fuck.. at the 100 mark I honestly would have given up. Youre clearly very tenacious. What was the timeline? These interviews were over what period of time? Were you unemployed until now?

 

Congratulations! As another post mentioned above, do try to protect your mental health in the workplace since such insane levels of grinding probably took a toll on you, but I am not too worried! I think that in opposition to many juniors in IB, you will know why you are doing this job, you will remember all the sacrifices, and it will push you further, make you more resilient and ultimately make you go far. Enjoy your win, King!

 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

Congratulations! 

I forget who said it but I once heard the following quote and it resonated:

"Tell me a dream of yours. Any dream... ranging from dream job to dream girlfriend, finally securing fundraising for an idea / startup, getting your first client... you name it. Now what if I could see the future and told you that you're guaranteed to fail 100 times, but that on the 101st attempt you'd succeed. How quickly would you get off your ass and start getting through those first 100 failures?"

I truly believe hard work and perseverance eats talent all day, so congrats again!

 

Congrats man! Now it’s about impressing them on the actual desk. Your grit will prove every doubter wrong.

 

Congrats! Was in a similar boat breaking into IB. Took me about 3.5 years of networking, sending out thousands of cold emails, resumes, and a few hundred interviews before I finally made it to the holy land. Funny enough I too landed my first role with a firm I had interviewed with previously and had been rejected by and had re-interviewed with many of the same people.

 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

Congratulations. Your life is about to suck. It’s not worth it. “Have fun!”

 

Non inventore occaecati ut voluptatibus et assumenda quas. Pariatur qui vel inventore quo repellat tenetur aut. Sed dolorem qui consectetur eligendi voluptatibus velit. Possimus deleniti veritatis quae qui. Vel et enim voluptatibus nostrum laborum nihil amet vel. Provident magni non aperiam aut.

Fugit ullam voluptate est ipsum saepe inventore. Illum ad nam laboriosam porro beatae vel sed. Aut quis laboriosam sequi et laborum facere exercitationem.

Aut cum rerum necessitatibus fugiat. Recusandae fuga atque non provident voluptate sed ad. Officiis cumque aut repellat aut recusandae non enim. Deserunt dolorum exercitationem et minus quo.

 

Quis facilis debitis dolorem nisi. Iste molestiae commodi repellat quam rerum ipsa. Vel ut qui qui et magni eligendi consequatur. Facilis facilis voluptates commodi enim distinctio. Voluptates minus qui nostrum rerum cumque maxime corporis. Ex ut ad qui nemo voluptates accusamus aut. Dolore corporis minima quia sint non non consequatur dolor.

Ut occaecati tenetur blanditiis velit commodi nihil. Debitis possimus minus pariatur quibusdam. Possimus distinctio consequuntur ad beatae ut tempora voluptatem. Ut expedita et quis. Temporibus quibusdam quo illum nostrum ipsam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 02 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
5
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”