Insane how early this is. So unfair to kids that you basically have to know you want to do IB from the moment you step on campus.

Everyone settle down. JPM does not interview for all of their IB spots in two weeks. They slowly fill up spots over a long time. They officially closed out their SA 2023 recruiting in fall of 2022 (I have friends that got interviewed and received offers). JPM does this in waves. Don’t think you missed the boat. Do well in your hirevue and you’ll be fine. Godspeed.

This makes absolutely no sense. I got every question correct on the hirevue - no stuttering, no reading off a paper, no robot voice or scripted response. Christ they gave us three tries so how does anybody get the questions wrong? 2/3 of my questions were technical and I completely aced them no possible way to argue otherwise. The behavioral question was extremely easy, but ig there is more room for opinion on what a good enough response is. I used the star method and was very structured but whatever lmao

Also LOL at anyone who says that getting the correct answer is not enough to get to a super day. Then wtf are we doing here, is this an acting tryout??? Was I not handsome enough for the person watching my interview??? At a certain point, if I am going to a target school with a 3.7+ and investment banking internship experience and I correctly answer all of the questions, why tf am I not getting a super day. This process is so medieval. It is ironic that JPM removed networking and replaced it with 3 easy questions that everybody gets right so the grader has to arbitrarily decide who is not going in the name of fairness.

I know the responses to my rant will be along the lines of: you probably came off as too arrogant etc. no, I did not come off as "too arrogant" during my 60 second walkthrough on how to calculate the terminal value - what an asinine idea. What would that even look like, arrogantly smirking at the camera and winking or something? Since when do junior banker interviewers have the ability to analyze microexpressions and draw conclusions about a person's personality and character from a three minute video recording. Jesus Christ man SA recruiting is incredibly deluded.

asked someone in IB and they said: "Reads to me like you are getting a superday and they are telling you that they wont schedule yours early even if you have an offer and it expires soon (for example if you had an offer from morgan stanley already that expires tomorrow, they would not schedule your JPM superday early to accommodate MS’s timeline)"

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (90) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”