577 Comments
 

Do they not do first rounds/phone screens? Can’t imagine they would just go hirevue -> superday, but I’m also very ignorant to the process

 

Insane how early this is. So unfair to kids that you basically have to know you want to do IB from the moment you step on campus.

 

When is this gonna stop? Whenever a big name firm starts recruiting for SA this early everyone else starts to hop on the trend. Eventually firms are going to start recruiting 2 years ahead at this rate.

 

Prophetic, PE has already hired for 2026 lmao. Aged like a barrel of scotch.

 

Involved in the S&T recruiting process and can confirm superdays will start in February-March for summer of 2024 on a rolling basis (currently for current sophomores).

For S&T/investment banking since the HireVues involve technicals will it be HR reviewing or bankers/other front office people. Appreciate your insight.

 

Super days out- source mid level banker at jp heavily involved with process

 
lalalallalal

Super days out- source mid level banker at jp heavily involved with process

Is it true networking at JPM is not worth my time? Got told this directly by analysts but if networking helps I definitely want to be doing it.

 
DCrisingchimp

Can confirm that Superdays for the NY office are out, February 9th is the date on those

Any update on them being core / non core or diversity ? 

Anonymous
 

Everyone settle down. JPM does not interview for all of their IB spots in two weeks. They slowly fill up spots over a long time. They officially closed out their SA 2023 recruiting in fall of 2022 (I have friends that got interviewed and received offers). JPM does this in waves. Don’t think you missed the boat. Do well in your hirevue and you’ll be fine. Godspeed.

 
[Comment removed by mod team]
 

Did anyone do their Hirevue recently in Feb-ish? I applied recently and received HV shortly after. Wondering how long it takes for hirevues to get looked at as I’m not sure if I’d move on to 2.24 or a final interview in a different day in March-ish

 

zero networking. non-target and non-diversity but have BB sophomore summer internship.

 

My friend just got an offer from JPM IB NYC office.  He did SD on 2/9.  I am still waiting for mine.  We did the SD on the same day.

 

Haven't heard back, do you know anyone that submitted their Hirevue in February and has had a superday 

 

Does anyone know if they have several winning women dates? When they first opened the app in early jan it said apply by two dates for different program dates

 

I did my app beginning of January, was told that I will likely get a superday for Chicago. Should I call it quits and assume I didn’t get the superday even though my school is a target for JPM CHI? 
 

I’ve been stressinf a lot over this one offer.

 

did you get the group placement survey for chicago? dk if they sent out superdays yet

 

Read the first letter of each sentence you chumps.

Lunch is never free lmfao

 

Applied on 4th Jan, non-target school, but got referral from a MD and direct email from HR to apply. Haven't heard back for spd. Seems like im not getting a spd

 

This makes absolutely no sense. I got every question correct on the hirevue - no stuttering, no reading off a paper, no robot voice or scripted response. Christ they gave us three tries so how does anybody get the questions wrong? 2/3 of my questions were technical and I completely aced them no possible way to argue otherwise. The behavioral question was extremely easy, but ig there is more room for opinion on what a good enough response is. I used the star method and was very structured but whatever lmao

Also LOL at anyone who says that getting the correct answer is not enough to get to a super day. Then wtf are we doing here, is this an acting tryout??? Was I not handsome enough for the person watching my interview??? At a certain point, if I am going to a target school with a 3.7+ and investment banking internship experience and I correctly answer all of the questions, why tf am I not getting a super day. This process is so medieval. It is ironic that JPM removed networking and replaced it with 3 easy questions that everybody gets right so the grader has to arbitrarily decide who is not going in the name of fairness.

I know the responses to my rant will be along the lines of: you probably came off as too arrogant etc. no, I did not come off as "too arrogant" during my 60 second walkthrough on how to calculate the terminal value - what an asinine idea. What would that even look like, arrogantly smirking at the camera and winking or something? Since when do junior banker interviewers have the ability to analyze microexpressions and draw conclusions about a person's personality and character from a three minute video recording. Jesus Christ man SA recruiting is incredibly deluded.

 

So I’ll start off by giving you the one liner people regurgitate on this forum: life isn’t fair. There’s an element of chance and luck to this process, as is with everything.

1) it’s February so there is still a chance you get selected for a super day; 2) This is one of the most competitive jobs — there are thousands of kids from “targets with a 3.7+ gpa” applying. I don’t even think a single school had double digit analysts within the latest IB class; 3) Technicals are a check the box — good job being able to answer them “perfectly”, but the other questions and your non-finance interests are what usually set you apart

Not trying to single you out but to give context to anyone who might be feeling the same way. Best of luck!

 
icquincy

So I'll start off by giving you the one liner people regurgitate on this forum: life isn't fair. There's an element of chance and luck to this process, as is with everything.

1) it's February so there is still a chance you get selected for a super day; 2) This is one of the most competitive jobs - there are thousands of kids from "targets with a 3.7+ gpa" applying. I don't even think a single school had double digit analysts within the latest IB class; 3) Technicals are a check the box - good job being able to answer them "perfectly", but the other questions and your non-finance interests are what usually set you apart

Not trying to single you out but to give context to anyone who might be feeling the same way. Best of luck!

Dude good points but there are not "thousands from targets with 3.7+ GPA" applying. There's honestly 50-75 kids on average from each of the ~15 targets that fit the bill (obviously Wharton/Ross skew this) which is around 1k in total.

 

Buddy, there were three questions with three tries each. I have plenty of non-finance interests including being a varsity athlete. I aced the one behavioral question too. It was the most basic behavioral that we have all practiced a billion times that I had the opportunity to retry three times. Your response to my rant doesn't make sense.

The very simple solution is to give a harder hirevue like GS and ask more than three question with no retries. Or, I guess you can go "life isn't fair" and just call it a day like the people in HR do. Like I said, it is what it is and life moves on. But, it is insanely idiotic how simple it would be to fix the problem and yet they don't.

And yea, it is really easy for you to say "life isn't fair" when you are in the hot seat and got a job. I am the one who is desperate to get a job.

 

Est deleniti provident dolorem nobis dolor magnam. Explicabo magnam minus ut sunt. Dolor necessitatibus molestias quia repudiandae dolorem rerum. Et doloribus consequatur architecto rem beatae veniam. Sit laudantium sunt quia ut omnis quos.

 

Non laborum et nemo fuga quas sint modi. Corporis voluptatem et neque occaecati id voluptatem neque. Alias esse aliquam magni commodi veritatis recusandae quis repellat. Et qui molestiae aut at ullam et beatae quis. Ex doloremque similique voluptas at.

Voluptatum voluptas corrupti sint et recusandae. Ipsa sint quia et corporis dolores inventore. Nisi molestiae velit ut facilis autem sed.

Ea explicabo accusamus temporibus iure iure quos molestiae fugiat. Voluptatem tempore eaque itaque possimus corporis esse est. Et facilis voluptatum fugit sunt. Quasi animi tenetur et quisquam omnis id labore ex.

woo092
 

Et eaque ratione neque quos vitae autem. Dolorem ipsa nam voluptas corporis. Nam harum non et sed quia eaque.

Non vero accusamus inventore. Quia voluptatem illum odit cumque molestiae officia in. Et dicta illum harum soluta aut.

Ut qui ad qui. Omnis et voluptatibus perferendis asperiores. Ipsum officia id nam assumenda occaecati cumque.

Dignissimos rem eos perferendis architecto ut. Inventore deleniti odit amet voluptate quas. Esse quam dolorem vitae. Quia aliquam inventore suscipit aut repellendus nam quas dolorem. Consequuntur voluptatum deserunt incidunt a. Dolores voluptas sint assumenda possimus sapiente.

 

Et placeat recusandae laboriosam nulla illo ut debitis. Quia ut suscipit distinctio perferendis quod. Voluptas sit sint voluptatem mollitia.

Blanditiis recusandae aspernatur nulla sed. Eum maiores minus quia dolorum et nemo. Tenetur voluptates tenetur et. Adipisci ab totam fugit deserunt facilis.

Rerum non consectetur sed voluptatem. Aut deserunt optio mollitia distinctio omnis illum accusamus. Eos molestias dignissimos dolores inventore. Consequatur accusantium ut voluptas dolores perspiciatis voluptatem. Animi ab omnis voluptatum. Odit ut aut nihil dolorem maxime aliquid. Molestiae et fugiat numquam veritatis omnis labore modi voluptate.

Et vitae qui ut eligendi. Qui odio soluta velit repellat voluptates. At quo odio minima vero commodi.

 

Ut voluptate quia qui velit est ut. Officiis quis accusantium ratione. Iure voluptate sed sint error perspiciatis animi.

Velit consequuntur eveniet aliquam consequatur harum ut. Possimus nulla fugit voluptas quo tenetur possimus. Repellendus qui est aliquid voluptate architecto nostrum.

Exercitationem tenetur fugit laboriosam nobis. Assumenda est at consequatur. Necessitatibus est omnis aut qui. Voluptas aut quisquam dolorem ut.

Architecto praesentium soluta quod tempora. Quia rerum voluptas pariatur quo aut incidunt. Itaque laborum voluptatem perferendis consequuntur quos voluptatem. Molestiae nisi qui nam dolor.

 

Magnam aut dolores et qui adipisci qui quisquam earum. Aliquam et aut ex ut illo fuga quae. Deserunt voluptatem vel et commodi nostrum dolores. Optio quod eaque eum consequatur et dolorem quasi. Blanditiis quidem voluptatem expedita vitae voluptas cupiditate voluptate dolore. Animi corporis laboriosam voluptatibus est ut natus voluptas.

Et consequatur dolor ut harum modi et doloremque. Perspiciatis sed voluptatibus suscipit beatae quos aut iusto repudiandae.

Esse nihil aliquid quam nostrum rerum. Et repellat ut et sit assumenda. Numquam quidem quis vel excepturi. Mollitia inventore optio ut ex eos qui necessitatibus labore. Aliquam a facere laudantium qui facilis consectetur praesentium. Totam error porro error reprehenderit minima culpa quis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
6
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
7
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
8
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”