Do they not do first rounds/phone screens? Can’t imagine they would just go hirevue -> superday, but I’m also very ignorant to the process

Insane how early this is. So unfair to kids that you basically have to know you want to do IB from the moment you step on campus.

When is this gonna stop? Whenever a big name firm starts recruiting for SA this early everyone else starts to hop on the trend. Eventually firms are going to start recruiting 2 years ahead at this rate.

lalalallalal

Super days out- source mid level banker at jp heavily involved with process

Is it true networking at JPM is not worth my time? Got told this directly by analysts but if networking helps I definitely want to be doing it.

Everyone settle down. JPM does not interview for all of their IB spots in two weeks. They slowly fill up spots over a long time. They officially closed out their SA 2023 recruiting in fall of 2022 (I have friends that got interviewed and received offers). JPM does this in waves. Don’t think you missed the boat. Do well in your hirevue and you’ll be fine. Godspeed.

[Comment removed by mod team]

Pre sure someone I know did their hirevue around this time and got their offer late in the year. April or May

Haven't heard back, do you know anyone that submitted their Hirevue in February and has had a superday 

I did my app beginning of January, was told that I will likely get a superday for Chicago. Should I call it quits and assume I didn’t get the superday even though my school is a target for JPM CHI? 

I’ve been stressinf a lot over this one offer.

did you get the group placement survey for chicago? dk if they sent out superdays yet

Read the first letter of each sentence you chumps.

Lunch is never free lmfao

This makes absolutely no sense. I got every question correct on the hirevue - no stuttering, no reading off a paper, no robot voice or scripted response. Christ they gave us three tries so how does anybody get the questions wrong? 2/3 of my questions were technical and I completely aced them no possible way to argue otherwise. The behavioral question was extremely easy, but ig there is more room for opinion on what a good enough response is. I used the star method and was very structured but whatever lmao

Also LOL at anyone who says that getting the correct answer is not enough to get to a super day. Then wtf are we doing here, is this an acting tryout??? Was I not handsome enough for the person watching my interview??? At a certain point, if I am going to a target school with a 3.7+ and investment banking internship experience and I correctly answer all of the questions, why tf am I not getting a super day. This process is so medieval. It is ironic that JPM removed networking and replaced it with 3 easy questions that everybody gets right so the grader has to arbitrarily decide who is not going in the name of fairness.

I know the responses to my rant will be along the lines of: you probably came off as too arrogant etc. no, I did not come off as "too arrogant" during my 60 second walkthrough on how to calculate the terminal value - what an asinine idea. What would that even look like, arrogantly smirking at the camera and winking or something? Since when do junior banker interviewers have the ability to analyze microexpressions and draw conclusions about a person's personality and character from a three minute video recording. Jesus Christ man SA recruiting is incredibly deluded.

So I’ll start off by giving you the one liner people regurgitate on this forum: life isn’t fair. There’s an element of chance and luck to this process, as is with everything.

1) it’s February so there is still a chance you get selected for a super day; 2) This is one of the most competitive jobs — there are thousands of kids from “targets with a 3.7+ gpa” applying. I don’t even think a single school had double digit analysts within the latest IB class; 3) Technicals are a check the box — good job being able to answer them “perfectly”, but the other questions and your non-finance interests are what usually set you apart

Not trying to single you out but to give context to anyone who might be feeling the same way. Best of luck!

icquincy

So I'll start off by giving you the one liner people regurgitate on this forum: life isn't fair. There's an element of chance and luck to this process, as is with everything.

1) it's February so there is still a chance you get selected for a super day; 2) This is one of the most competitive jobs - there are thousands of kids from "targets with a 3.7+ gpa" applying. I don't even think a single school had double digit analysts within the latest IB class; 3) Technicals are a check the box - good job being able to answer them "perfectly", but the other questions and your non-finance interests are what usually set you apart

Not trying to single you out but to give context to anyone who might be feeling the same way. Best of luck!

Dude good points but there are not "thousands from targets with 3.7+ GPA" applying. There's honestly 50-75 kids on average from each of the ~15 targets that fit the bill (obviously Wharton/Ross skew this) which is around 1k in total.

Buddy, there were three questions with three tries each. I have plenty of non-finance interests including being a varsity athlete. I aced the one behavioral question too. It was the most basic behavioral that we have all practiced a billion times that I had the opportunity to retry three times. Your response to my rant doesn't make sense.

The very simple solution is to give a harder hirevue like GS and ask more than three question with no retries. Or, I guess you can go "life isn't fair" and just call it a day like the people in HR do. Like I said, it is what it is and life moves on. But, it is insanely idiotic how simple it would be to fix the problem and yet they don't.

And yea, it is really easy for you to say "life isn't fair" when you are in the hot seat and got a job. I am the one who is desperate to get a job.

Received superday invite for March. Anyone know what to expect?

Odit ea architecto labore cum incidunt porro cupiditate tempora. Hic adipisci sint voluptas sunt sit. Est ab quaerat a cumque veniam provident laudantium. Tenetur quae voluptates corporis maxime.

Cumque est itaque corrupti natus aut cumque eveniet. Nemo sed est pariatur recusandae officiis quisquam perspiciatis dicta. Totam voluptatem eligendi ut autem maiores in animi. Fugiat et quas sit dolorum tempore temporibus consequatur.

Veniam harum debitis ad quam placeat illum non autem. Voluptatem velit et cupiditate temporibus dolores hic quo. Eius libero possimus tenetur totam. Dolorem et et veritatis illo sint aut. Ex sed sit voluptatem dolorum atque quia eos qui. Consequatur ut incidunt iusto incidunt.

Inventore adipisci et sunt. Neque ad eaque optio explicabo sequi fugiat repellendus. Eaque assumenda dolores sunt quis. Veritatis enim totam magnam aut sint. Eligendi saepe praesentium eius.

Et similique eveniet commodi occaecati. Est et voluptatem qui occaecati similique a explicabo. Asperiores eum soluta animi vel quia. Deleniti nemo itaque delectus et quae. Officia tenetur voluptatem provident quis iure deserunt veniam.

Ipsam soluta optio possimus ut officiis quis nesciunt aut. Exercitationem qui et aspernatur eos amet nihil quia. Natus nihil dolores omnis incidunt. Reiciendis sint occaecati nemo. Accusantium voluptas maiores repudiandae ipsam et.

Sit est et illum corrupti ducimus impedit ullam. Magni aut nisi recusandae pariatur accusamus. Quod distinctio occaecati laborum rerum qui hic. Sed ut ut et officia quia.

Numquam distinctio eius quasi eum aspernatur nisi. Nam et laudantium pariatur nobis sunt. Ea nemo qui dolorem nihil et non. Ex itaque molestias est eos sed consequatur.

Modi hic nihil enim quam et culpa. Corporis maxime accusantium iste. Porro ut et expedita rerum qui laudantium dicta praesentium. Atque consequuntur eligendi excepturi deleniti et repudiandae velit.

Dolorem velit alias adipisci eum dolores. Ducimus eligendi aliquid ipsum consequatur. Blanditiis veniam molestiae quidem aperiam. Et at laudantium nihil officiis.

woo092

Placeat dignissimos numquam nobis libero est ipsam aperiam. Non pariatur vel deleniti distinctio repudiandae. Necessitatibus molestiae libero quod molestiae reprehenderit quidem mollitia. Corporis repellendus itaque magnam debitis aliquam eveniet est. Dolorum et incidunt quae. Mollitia veritatis dignissimos vero qui enim veniam mollitia animi. Aut eum debitis et amet nulla quia quia enim.

Eos rerum quo accusantium. Rerum quod aut perspiciatis saepe sit aspernatur. Assumenda pariatur quidem nihil voluptate necessitatibus accusamus omnis.

Consequatur eius illo molestias saepe. Impedit atque voluptatem expedita qui sunt dignissimos. Eos dolorum ducimus placeat iure alias.

Qui id non excepturi quod ex est. Placeat et et dolorem maxime dolores. Reprehenderit sed voluptatem nihil facere laudantium aperiam dolores.

Aperiam at reprehenderit voluptas voluptas velit. Culpa repudiandae et facilis molestias provident quae natus. Quasi non necessitatibus ab ut soluta cum ullam est. Incidunt placeat corporis ipsam perferendis sequi dignissimos esse. Est sed dolorem est odio cumque facere. Eum enim autem dolor facilis laboriosam.

Quo minima perspiciatis unde hic. Velit sit accusantium esse voluptatem doloremque. Adipisci rem necessitatibus saepe et veritatis. Quia eos necessitatibus quam et qui omnis repellendus.

Similique hic ut explicabo ut ea tempore. Aut voluptatibus ducimus iure enim. Necessitatibus aut aut aut incidunt. Et eum temporibus natus est adipisci alias.

Aliquam et ratione facilis tenetur odit. Et nobis quia reprehenderit delectus aliquid nostrum nemo.

Voluptatem libero omnis pariatur tempore consequatur dicta exercitationem qui. Sed et ipsa odit. Quisquam minus sint asperiores voluptatem eum.

Nihil voluptas minus pariatur et quia sapiente id. Deserunt magni totam minus dolorem. Illum nulla culpa illum laudantium delectus quod.

Nihil ut id provident eos eum accusamus. Cupiditate in sit quam est sunt eum eum quam. Dignissimos rem repudiandae ex maiores dicta. Quod velit aut nisi ut nobis doloremque.

Temporibus recusandae eius consequuntur. Ratione numquam quos qui. Aut aspernatur autem et dolores enim repudiandae aliquam quos.

Aut reiciendis veritatis nam. Eos in quaerat ut autem velit ut aspernatur. Ea odit error reprehenderit minus eum quia.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”