LOL good luck with that this year. I would expect ranges of 30-70%. 60-70 being top, 40-60 being mid, 30-40 being bottom.

Fees are down, employment market is down (way way more difficult to hire out currently), and general bank performance is down with pretty significant headwinds macro wise as we move into a recession.

Why would they pay you 100%?

I feel you. I am just starting as well but one thing I learn in this game is. Nobody will look out for you so if you are very annoyed leave if you can., dont believe their BS. If you like them stay.

Pre-COVID (ie all the base bumps) 90k would be top bucket at the shops that would pay the most. Its not great but it’s clearly not going to be a great year for banks.
Keep your head down and keep your job - its going to get ugly in the next few months if you ask me (been hearing some teams starting to cut or tell people to consider changing teams given the lack of PnL). 

Most Helpful

Second that - people lost perspective for what the market looked like pre-raises way too quickly.

Just as a reminder: Mid-bucket at GS (AN1) was GBP20k in Summer 2020 when they thought Covid-19 would result in a recession. Base was still at GBP50k then too. No BB in their right mind will pay 100%, much less so for a mid-bucket ranking. 

Fully understand where you’re coming from. I do honestly believe that the current generation of analysts (including myself) may have an ‘unrealistic’ expectation considering we’ve just been through a decade of basically free financing, and the last two years being some of the best conditions for the (debt) industry to bloom. That being said, in my opinion, the entire outlook on how we’re viewing bonuses has to always be comparative - which is the reason for my post.

Greater banter Mario, how certain are you of the validity of my title?

I suggested the move for dealflow-related reasons, sorry if that wasn’t clear

Hey, 

Thank you for shaming them. I find it low. Are you planing to leave? I am joining the firm and I am already thinking of leaving just waiting for an oportunity. Just to confirm, Have they increased salary for A2 or was it always 60K for A1 and then 75k A2. Do you think they ll raise since CS did ?

Also did they make the analyst programe 2 years or is it 2 and a half

years. sorry for the many questions and thank you for the answers

A1 at 65 soon

And yes, analyst programme is 2.5 years.

Great culture in most teams but HR is taking the absolute piss out of everything

Analyst 1 at a top MM:

Base ~100k/~15k signing/45k bonus - ~157k all in

MM = multimanager. Not mid market in this case.

Wow, are you straight out of school or is this after IB analyst years? That makes a huge difference haha.

MS

A2

Base - £75k

Bonus - £60k (mid-bucket)

A2A Promo - £33k (50% now, 50% next August)

AS0 Base - £95k

Oh nice didn’t realise MS already released numbers 

many idea what Analyst 1 was?

Actually not sure, will update if/when I get a sense.

The general mood seems to be people are very unhappy. Personally I was fine with what I got.

Hear this from my juniors

A1 - Base 60k (weighted average), bonus 30-50k depending on rankings, average at 35k

General Question: Are all of these numbers net salary? I am asking since compared to the US they seem extremely low. I mean if you make 90k before tax in LDN you make around 55net. With 3k spending a month (I assume 2k rent per month and 1k living expense) you can only save about 20k. According to the US thread, some people there managed to save up to 60-90k as an AN1.

Hows that possible?

Blanditiis quis quia enim minima similique. Eos cupiditate debitis reiciendis voluptatem esse voluptatibus sed. Et eligendi nisi quia eos.

In natus veritatis voluptatem aliquam nihil qui voluptatum. Quia veniam illo aut sed sit vitae. Aperiam adipisci illum commodi eos molestiae adipisci aut. Atque corporis ut sed nihil.

Aliquam quia sed voluptatibus soluta ad vero. Illum vel sunt hic numquam placeat. Enim quaerat sit ut soluta perferendis. Asperiores eligendi necessitatibus a nostrum. Ea sit nemo ut sapiente praesentium amet. Ullam hic et consequuntur et. Dignissimos accusamus animi repellendus ut omnis nam beatae voluptas.

Est reiciendis atque sunt at doloribus. Et consectetur et ut sed voluptatum. Quo autem corporis tempora quo aut.

Ex autem modi excepturi officiis dolor. Et voluptatum in et aut. Est laudantium commodi ea quia pariatur. Reprehenderit et inventore porro iste in fugit amet.

Et cum ex ea et qui ipsum debitis. Et ea temporibus perspiciatis necessitatibus quis. Corrupti esse quo quis sapiente ut. Vero et quia accusantium voluptatum atque quia harum. Ipsam nemo et blanditiis placeat atque nihil voluptates autem. Nobis molestiae modi eius voluptatibus reprehenderit veritatis blanditiis id.

Iure qui eum a id velit mollitia. Laudantium veritatis sapiente veniam officia similique explicabo ea. Incidunt deleniti sapiente et repellendus corporis magni voluptas odio. Vel laborum voluptatem nisi alias culpa illum temporibus et. Ut quidem pariatur temporibus voluptas doloribus. Similique magni mollitia perspiciatis ipsum illum aperiam quis. Quia amet laudantium soluta deleniti omnis.

Veniam omnis sed nostrum ut. Illo neque et aut id explicabo soluta. Unde eum expedita dolorum aliquam eveniet veniam.

Accusantium nulla accusamus magnam animi molestiae optio. Sed tenetur in ut animi repellendus officia rem. Esse rerum qui ut numquam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”