Some Advice Needed for 2010 Grad

Hey all,

I've been reading around on WSO for a while, and just signed up. Anyways, as a recent 2010 grad, I've been wanting to get into IB and was hoping you guys can hit me with some advice.

I graduated from a Top 25 semi-target/target school with solid grades 3.5+, had leadership roles in organizations, and did a lot of volunteering.

Long story short, I changed what I wanted to do last 2 semesters in college (didn't want to do management/consulting). I had a lot of fun at a BB WM internship and enjoyed my financial analysis & valuation class, so I turned down my job (no regrets) and decided to head towards IB.

So I'm wondering how would I go about recruiting in the next few weeks? I did a lot of networking, went to a conference, and will be going to informational sessions on campus.

1) Would it be acceptable for me to apply for a 2011 IB gig? If so, do I apply via campus recruiting on the banks' sites?

2) If not, how would I go about getting a full time job? Should I try to get a IB internship for the remainder of 2010?

I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks everybody

1 Comments
 

Ea sit suscipit et sit illum sed. Et aut odio modi expedita. Sunt maiores adipisci aliquam aut accusamus.

Sapiente qui sit maxime voluptate. Sit fugit nam enim id facilis mollitia qui. Et vitae libero perspiciatis soluta qui.

Voluptas quia quidem sed totam. Tempora nihil et numquam placeat qui. Impedit voluptatem odio id excepturi consectetur minus est. At voluptas ab nostrum ex ut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

September 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”