Updated MSF rankings 2022?

Is there an updated list for MSF programs and their placement into high finance or is it still the same MIT, Vandy, Princeton dominating?

Not sure if or when MSFHQ will put out their list.Im looking to apply for 2023 and have decided on these schools based on location/cost of living.

Vandy

Notre Dame (South bend campus)

WUSTL

UT Austin

Duke (MMS to MBA track)

IU Bloomington Kelley (In state tuition)

Villanova (mixed opinions with this one)

Are there any im missing and does anyone have insight on these programs?

In the Villanova program. Love all my courses and the resources the career development office offers. Heading to a HC boutique this summer and got this offer almost entirely from the Villanova network/interview prep they provided. Most of my classmates got great jobs and we have a handful of people going to BBs this summer. Also got into UT Austin, MIT, and Vandy for reference.

Most Helpful

Couple of reasons:

1) Wasn’t sure if I wanted to do banking when I chose schools. I know MIT is a great school but not 100% sure if they did something like Vandy where they really drive home banking. I know Villanova does a wide placement across finance (IB, AM, FP&A, Valuation, etc).

2) Did not want to be in Boston for work. NYC is always an option but whatever city your school is in will have the next best opportunities for you and I preferred Philly over Boston.

3) Was able to do a fellowship program at Villanova where I’m doing research and getting half of my tuition paid for so that definitely helps sway my decision. The fellowship really isn’t too difficult to get here, they open the program for undergrad and masters students but seemed to heavily skew towards the masters students when selecting the fellows.

4) Nova has a bunch of other small stuff in the program or the school in general that I liked (brand new finance lab with 30 Bloomberg terminals, strong finance alumni in NYC, Philly, DC, great basketball team)

Howdy, currently at nova and I love it. Almost everyone in my cohort has accepted offers at either big 4, BBs, some boutiques and some PE-focused valuations gigs (as it appears a fellow nova member said). Can't speak on behalf of the other colleges, but the alumni network here is next level. Perfect recent example is our class got an email saying a parent of an undergrad student is an MD and is looking to hire an IB associate (associate because he considered the MSF program decent enough). The graduate offices are extremely helpful, and each student gets a mentor to help you out with the full job and netowrking process. (Mine was in MS IB -> MF PE -> director at a PE related start up) I am personally already scheduling networking calls with PE exit principals almost entirely because of my mentor. 

From my MSF offers, personally I found nova was also willing to help the most in terms of tutition. Finally, while I'm sure every college has some sort of school spirit that grad students go to, I would be suprised if they were better than what I've experienced. I'm talking class invited to private box at Wells Fargo center to watch us play during the basketball szn, golf clinics in fall and spring and unlimited beer/wine at almost every weekend event. 

Just my 2 cents 

I would say that WashU Olin wouldn't be the best if you are targeting high-finance, as the prestige isn't there. As someone who lives in St. Louis, every mid-40s IT middle manager has a WashU MBA/Masters, and there's a reason for that. The undergrad program is stellar, but for masters, I feel like your other schools are better and more prestigious (except IU Kelley, which I feel doesn't have the brand name either). Also, being in Saint Louis won't really help at all for recruiting. 

Good points here, I figured apply to WUSTL as a backup. I know for sure IU Kelley's IB workshop and Banking/Cap Markets workshops place well but theyre for undergrads. As you said, im not sure on how well their MSF would place even though they have an "IB Track". I would assume BB/EB's still target those IBW undergrads more than the MSF students since its relatively new.

Yeah, and in fact, I will be going to IU Kelley this fall for undergrad. the IBW admission process is brutal, so I am not banking on it. However, I am relying on the huge alumni base Kelley has.

I was admitted and have committed to the Vandy MSF class of 2023. Already landed a boutique IB internship that I am currently wrapping up.

S tier: MIT, Vandy, Princeton (it's a different beast all together), UT Austin

A tier (only really good for regional placements): Villanova, USC, Georgetown (older class BTW, most people have a few years working exp), WUSTL 

There might be a couple more but these are the only ones worth considering.

Vandy MSF is approaching 15 years old and alumni are doing big things all over the place, same with the other S tiers. A lot of the other programs are cash grabs.

Part of the biggest perks of the Vandy MSF is 80%~ of the class are American students, many other programs are 80%~ international students (mostly Chinese), which impacts placements in a big way. 

Also having toured a couple of the big ones, Vandy has the best career center and it's the most fun

Consequatur a maxime eos doloremque officiis unde qui. Debitis ad assumenda qui tempora. Tempore temporibus sint ut et incidunt. Illum aut quia repellat a eos qui. Aut vitae possimus enim voluptatem aut autem distinctio. Repellat officiis minus hic nihil quo consequuntur rerum. Vitae officiis sed dolor aut.

Aut asperiores omnis ex qui. Id nihil animi rerum molestiae et. Minus aut voluptas excepturi ut dolor aut.

Fugiat voluptatem vel veritatis. Ducimus atque et porro tempora. Dolores animi omnis non. Perspiciatis sunt dolorem ut accusantium expedita praesentium. Nihil nostrum repudiandae sunt vero aut. Aliquam incidunt odit corporis aut rem repudiandae.

Et et similique eum numquam consequatur ex expedita. Reiciendis repudiandae facere est rerum. Inventore deserunt in quos aut consequatur. Explicabo adipisci assumenda reiciendis ut eius. Illo dolorem incidunt quos voluptatem ipsa iusto.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”