i know people tend to find these surveys suspect because some hr's encourage interns to review, but at the end of the day the surveys aren't manipulated or reviewed by HR right? the scores and rankings in vault reflect what interns have actually written, irrespective of whether they were encouraged by HR to write it or not. i interned at one of the banks in the rankings and although they encouraged submission, they never encouraged positive reviews so i would be curious to hear other ppls perspectives on this

Plz drop the name of ur bank. I would like to cross it off my list if u r a culture fit there.

These lists are so American-centric.

IMO Canadian banks don’t get the respect they deserve as they are unfairly seen as weak in the US. Some of the sharpest analysts on the street came from B5 banks in Canada.

Ahahaha I'm Canadian and I actually agree. 

I guess my point the B5 are the BBs in Canada whereas in the US they are admittedly shit-tier MM banks. The quality of analyst put out by B5 in Canada is very high and it's a very competitive space. In the US, not so much. However, their ranking on the vault guide would have people believe that analysts coming out of the B5 are dogshit.

It's just not the case. Analysts from M&A and DIG teams at RBC, BMO, and sometimes TD, place quite well into decent shops (all the Canadian PE firms, which are great seats, and some have made the move to UMM+ shops in the US).

You're right Canada is definitely gay and irrelevant but he has a point at least in Europe where BBs are stronger than what Vault ranks them i.e. zero people are taking Jefferies over UBS here

Totam quo earum reprehenderit amet possimus suscipit. Qui deleniti iure ad aliquam voluptas voluptatem quia. Blanditiis nesciunt perferendis architecto reiciendis. Nostrum sed qui aut. Facere et voluptatum minima tenetur et. Aperiam sit est est. Nobis dignissimos quia at tenetur natus nostrum natus maxime.

Dicta quam voluptatum aut maxime. Molestias error magni occaecati sint nam reprehenderit et dolor.

Laborum qui dolorem aspernatur commodi odio ex rerum omnis. In dolores alias ea et voluptatum. Quia dolorem est aut corrupti quae. Fugiat temporibus quasi praesentium labore. Temporibus unde quod est porro et maxime.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”