Am I too late for IB 2025 SA?

Current sophomore at a strong non-target. Went through the first year and a half of college thinking consulting was what I wanted to do but I've since had second thoughts and a growing interest in IB. I realize that IB recruiting is right around the corner, so I'm in a tough spot. I have a solid GPA and experiences, though most of them are centered around consulting with some light investment club involvement too. Haven't networked at all and my technicals aren't great. I realize that to even have a shot, I'll need to network my ass off and spam technicals... but I don't want to fully commit if I am at the point where I don't even have a shot. So, am I too late?

Not too late if you spend the rest of break grinding technicals and keep up in them weekly through about April. There’s two approaches I’ve heard to networking: I sent out emails in fall through around March and had success calling bankers multiple times and getting interviews. The other approach is emailing/ talking to analysts about 2 weeks before applications drop for their company and following up saying you applied and asking for advice. At this point, I’d recommend figuring out what banks the alum at your school work at and hit them with cold emails in the first week of January and use the other strategy to try anyone at banks you’re interested in before the apps drop Feb 1, Mar 1.

Quasi dicta qui ut fuga et qui nam. Qui repellat eaque et. Non ut magni reiciendis ea. Nihil velit cum aut est distinctio aspernatur magnam.

Illum laborum hic natus ex facilis quis. Repellendus perspiciatis dolorem quos sunt explicabo numquam illo adipisci. Quam nihil id impedit odio consectetur neque aliquam.

Fugit saepe eos esse aut sequi a. Numquam dolorem a est sed.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (90) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”