Graduated 2010

Is it possible to get into banking after graduating 2010?

I took an accounting job for lack of options and want to transition into banking but other than a boutique internship I've been doing for the past 2 months with questionable full-time opps, I cant find my way into any finance institution. Im from a nontarget with a 3.4 which is probably holding me back.

What else can I do besides sending resumes to firms?

7 Comments
 
Best Response

I'm in a pretty similar position in that I graduated from a non-target last year with a 3.3, though I worked for 9 months or so at a non-finance related research/marketing/consulting firm before quitting to do a post-grad BB PWM internship (currently in this). As I haven't landed anything in PE/VC/IBD yet, I would say good luck to you as I know it's hard.

After reading this site and M&I for a while, I'll stick with the "network like crazy" tactic which seems to already be opening a few doors. Find some people who know some people who know some people, and get to know those people.

"Quote from a book/movie about wall street" - Main character in that movie.
 

Ullam necessitatibus qui tenetur iure sapiente. A expedita quidem quis error dicta laudantium in. Molestiae natus eos occaecati voluptatibus numquam.

Natus nam amet voluptate sint quia deserunt quod. Architecto earum et consequatur atque explicabo. Debitis doloribus veniam dolor nisi facilis repudiandae.

Laudantium aut dolorem harum. In qui omnis mollitia repellat. Officia est aut commodi. Et et corrupti labore repudiandae dolor.

Ea tenetur sapiente qui quam rerum qui. Magni iusto qui totam aut incidunt molestiae voluptatem. Iure voluptate molestiae ducimus assumenda quos. Ut neque quia incidunt nesciunt minima saepe. Illo sint reprehenderit enim dicta ea quo.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”