Networking 101

Hey, everyone!

I am about to start networking, as I am preparing for a summer analyst position for next summer. I know that is pretty late, but I have to start somewhere.

First of all, I wanted you guys to critique my cold email template. I have read a lot of other threads and I have composed one for the general case when I do not have anything in common with the person I am sending the email to.  

"My name is Name and I am a [Major] student at the school. I came across your LinkedIn profile and wanted to reach out to you as I am interested in the financial services industry and I have a desire to pursue a career in the Investment Banking field. 

I understand that you're a busy man, but I was hoping I could have 15 minutes of your time over the phone sometime within the next week to speak with you about your experience in the industry, as well as any advice you may have for someone hoping to succeed in this field. I am more than happy to accommodate whatever time works best with your schedule. Please find attached my resume for further review. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Best Regards,

Name"

Moreover, I was curious about where to start. I do not want to contact alumni already as I am not really experienced in networking and would like to avoid failing to connect with people who have the highest chances of helping me. How did you guys start? Do you contact only alumni of your school or you email people with who you have nothing in common?

I am using hunter io for email verification. 

What are your thoughts on using LinkedIn? What are your response rates on LinkedIn and email?

Thanks!

bro I'm pretty sure you posted that "you're a busy man" before and everyone told you it was cringe af

Consequatur qui reiciendis est porro iusto consequatur ipsam. Fugit deleniti neque voluptatem magni occaecati autem. Minima consequatur in aut nihil aspernatur. Laudantium pariatur nulla voluptatem cupiditate. Amet tempora hic quidem corporis.

Est a et et et non. Aut quos sequi delectus dolorum exercitationem delectus quam voluptas. Minus quod modi sapiente culpa pariatur. Et necessitatibus maiores velit natus labore dolorum earum. Laborum debitis exercitationem perspiciatis molestiae ab consequatur saepe. Id est qui voluptatem beatae beatae voluptatem et.

Atque non ut ea quo. Velit aut quae et. Temporibus error aliquid velit aperiam tempore molestias ut. Sint quidem reprehenderit quae similique natus magni qui. Possimus sunt error quia iste eum commodi voluptas. Quo numquam hic libero harum aperiam. Perspiciatis at qui labore.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”