When to start networking for SA2025

Hey everyone incoming sophomore here. Through speaking with upper years at my university (non-target) I have learned that recruiting has started much earlier then before.

They say to start networking end of August start of September. Can WSO echo that point or is starting then to late?

Also say I do start networking now, for those on the other end, do you prefer phone calls or teams/zoom more? How long should these calls be scheduled for (I have spoken to people for around 30 mins not sure if this is too long). Finally say we had a good conversation, what is the best way to remain connected.

Thanks.

Thats simply not true. The earliest you should start networking is Jan 

Yes keep networking. Not only can networking get your app into the right hands, oftentimes you network with people who end up interviewing you, and if they know you they’re more likely to back you up when discussing candidates. Honestly even after you land the role, keep networking there to know your coworkers before starting. Networking really never stops in life.

Start networking with upperclassmen and studying light technicals when fall semester starts. Probably want to hold off on reaching out to full time people until January

Would highly recommend to start in fall in order to build relationships. i networked mostly in spring and landed top eb/bb interviews as a nontarget but you need to realize that if u don't have alumni no one will really pull for you unless u grind. I got my bb offer from the group I started talking to during the fall. If I were to re-do I would prepare techs + behavioral first half of fall and start networking + practicing in the second half

Thanks for your advice and congratulations on your placement.

U can start now, but its gonna be hard to maintain contact over almost 6 months until when recruiting begins. Would echo everyone else and get on it in September to beat the rush. Ask for 15 minutes, and they will extend to 30 minutes if they go well. Always ask for phone call (they will ask for Zoom if they prefer). Have a good call, ask to reconnect when recruiting comes around to "ask for advice" (hint resume push/ask for referral to recruiting captains). If the first call did truly go well u won't even need a second call, they will just forward ur resume. 

Asperiores aut id omnis modi sit. Ipsum sint non impedit ut laboriosam quia. Dolorem distinctio nostrum ad ratione tenetur et natus. Magni non numquam numquam omnis error est hic. Blanditiis aut consequatur porro repellat voluptatum nihil veniam.

Soluta omnis dolor nesciunt quam quae quod laborum. Nam aut asperiores voluptatibus corporis error minima tempora. Facilis sit blanditiis expedita esse et. Quis recusandae iure dolorem quam vero. Iure enim tenetur porro. Sunt ipsa laboriosam dolores vitae debitis praesentium nemo est. Quae neque cumque dolorum commodi sed ab.

Omnis libero dolorem adipisci voluptate. Distinctio qui tempore eos error in non nihil. Quas unde facere aspernatur porro voluptatem quia. Ex molestiae distinctio atque aut quae et. Aspernatur doloribus aut accusamus quo at tenetur. Voluptas voluptas modi ea nisi dolore. Dolorum sed quia aperiam et eius minus et error.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”