elephonky:
I feel bad for Romney...he's the best candidate but the GOP is forcing him to be something he's not.

Romney needs no sympathy. Dude just needs get it done. He's the guy we need right now. Think we're (hopefully) approaching a solid recovery right now and Mit could do some positive stuff for our country; potentially w/ the right moves get us back to kicking ass and getting paid.

Ace all your PE interview questions with the WSO Private Equity Prep Pack: http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/guide/private-equity-interview-prep-questions

Stringer Bell:
elephonky:
I feel bad for Romney...he's the best candidate but the GOP is forcing him to be something he's not.

Romney needs no sympathy. Dude just needs get it done. He's the guy we need right now. Think we're (hopefully) approaching a solid recovery right now and Mit could do some positive stuff for our country; potentially w/ the right moves get us back to kicking ass and getting paid.

I agree. War with Iran would give this economy just the boost it needs...

elephonky:

In case you haven't been following, Romney can't seal the deal because no one likes him. They've been campaigning for over a year and no one knows what this guy believes in because he has no apparent principles. Personality wise he is slightly less personable than a robot. Dude is an extremely weak candidate and Obama will unfortunately roll him come November.

Best Response
JeffSkilling:
elephonky:

In case you haven't been following, Romney can't seal the deal because no one likes him. They've been campaigning for over a year and no one knows what this guy believes in because he has no apparent principles. Personality wise he is slightly less personable than a robot. Dude is an extremely weak candidate and Obama will unfortunately roll him come November.

That seems to be the case right now. Agreed, Mit is about as charismatic as paint drying on a wall; however, to retort Obama's principles aren't too apparent either (could be said of 99% of politicians). However, do think (whether politically motivated or not) Obamay's stance / comments on the Iran warmonger-ing has been quality.

We don't need to be sending our guys to another middle east shit-hole filled to the brim with homicidal cunts to get their asses blown up all over the fucking desert right now... and also wouldn't be to awesome to usher in WWIII / end of the world.

However, a major, bloody, military conflict w/ Iran is sadly (IMHO) inevitable though. Iran isn't going to get anymore friendly / less dangerous going forward; it's only a matter of time before they make a move on Israel. If anything preemptive is to be done, this could be the optimal time given a large majority of our combat forces are already in the theater w/ +10 years of combat experience in the region.

Ace all your PE interview questions with the WSO Private Equity Prep Pack: http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/guide/private-equity-interview-prep-questions

Stringer Bell:

He doesn't need it, cause he'll be the nominee either way. But he gets sympathy from me because he clearly had some solid values before this stupid election and the GOP forced him to go back on what he's said. Then they have the audacity to blame him for being a "flip flopper" (which he is, but only due to the conservative base's idiotic interests).

JeffSkilling:

No, it's pretty obvious what he actually believes in. Look at his days as governor of MA. He's a fiscal conservative and a social left-leaner, but the GOP won't allow that so we end up with the clusterfuck we have now. And the fact that he hasn't yet sealed the deal has more to do with the party he's running in. They need to make up their fucking minds and stop allowing all of their possible nominees to ruthlessly attack each other like wild animals. They're only giving Obama more ammo for the real match in the summer/fall.

You're probably correct, Obama will roll him. You know why? Cause the conservatives have turned Romney into a completely un-moderate flip flopper. He now hates gay marriage and loves the idea of women having no control over their bodies - those are two traits that will not get him elected in the fall. He's also all over the board on government stimulus packages, when he really should've just stuck with what he initially said when they occurred.

I know this is tough for a lot of the GOP base to comprehend, but people DO change their minds about things sometimes. There's a word for it that the crazy liberals use – I think it's called "learning". Romney has, indeed, undergone this radical process. He's developed his opinions over time and they have changed. We can't all be as predictable as Rush Limbaugh (and thank god for that).

Lastly, the fact that Rick Santorum is being taken seriously is laughable. It completely defames any respectability that the GOP has or has had in the past.

We don't need Romney. No backbone. Corruptible. Believes a "strong defense" is stockpiling weapons indefinitely, suspending habeas corpus, and pissing off other nations. More of the same.

Obama V. Romney should be a real treat. It's like choosing which leg to have amputated. I'll probably go fishing on election day.

Jesus Christ Santorum...oh, did I just commit a felony in his world? It is scary that people will vote for that. I saw that article in the times today, "Not So Crazy Repulicans". If Santorum is our standard for electability...well, the Trump/Palin ticket might have actually been a winner.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/opinion/sunday/douthat-the-responsibl…

If the economy buckles, Romney might be able to pull out a win. After 4 years of decidedly mediocre (to Democrats at least) governance, I think they will be less enthusiastic about keeping him in office than republicans are about forcing him out.

What worries me is the Obama fundraising machine. I think he could clear $1 Billion without even trying. Money wins elections.

JeffSkilling:
^ Yeah dude you made my point exactly, Romney is nothing but an empty suit.

We must disagree about what "empty suit" means. He clearly has values and interests, and I think he could play the D.C. Political Game really well. He knows how to please people, and that's important as president.

I place more blame on our political system than Romney himself for his "flip flops". He's trying to get elected, and everyone feels entitled to what they want nowadays (conservatives and liberals alike), so he has to please the GOP uber-conservative base while remaining general enough to succeed nationally. The conservatives are pushing him so far right that soon enough he won't stand a chance in the fall. They'll realize this when November rolls around, and then they'll all complain that the liberals are taking over the world rather than engaging in some self-assessment and improvement.

I've hoped since the beginning that, if Romney takes office, he would go back to his roots as governor. He had a good run. Balanced budget, successful universal health care (that he gets shit for every day by the GOP despite its success), and a somewhat liberal social agenda. I'd like to see that in the Oval Office.

elephonky:
JeffSkilling:
^ Yeah dude you made my point exactly, Romney is nothing but an empty suit.

We must disagree about what "empty suit" means. He clearly has values and interests, and I think he could play the D.C. Political Game really well. He knows how to please people, and that's important as president.

I place more blame on our political system than Romney himself for his "flip flops". He's trying to get elected, and everyone feels entitled to what they want nowadays (conservatives and liberals alike), so he has to please the GOP uber-conservative base while remaining general enough to succeed nationally. The conservatives are pushing him so far right that soon enough he won't stand a chance in the fall. They'll realize this when November rolls around, and then they'll all complain that the liberals are taking over the world rather than engaging in some self-assessment and improvement.

I've hoped since the beginning that, if Romney takes office, he would go back to his roots as governor. He had a good run. Balanced budget, successful universal health care (that he gets shit for every day by the GOP despite its success), and a somewhat liberal social agenda. I'd like to see that in the Oval Office.

Romney is a center to center-left candidate with no convictions. How does playing political games in Washington make someone a good President? Those games are exactly why DC is universally hated and that nothing gets done. How about a President that can stand up and be honest with the American people and actually lead this country with conviction? Romney is just another power hungry politician that will do and say anything to get elected. The reason you see him struggling in the primaries is because he is being exposed for the fraud that he is. He is not a conservative, some like that he is a moderate/progressive, but it is difficult to win the GOP nomination without being a true conservative.

Better than the empty suit we have in office right now

And am I the only one who thinks a war with Iran isn't a done deal? Sure if they attack Israel then we will go to war. But there is so much at stake economically. The west can just embargo Iran if they are harassing Israel too much. And public sentiment in the west is SO against war right now that it would be a tough sell even if Israel is getting battered. And the Israelis can hold their own against the Iranians.

If we do, I hope it's none of the Iraq nation building BS we dealt with for most of the first decade of the 21st century. Glass the fuckers and be done with it.

FusRoDah:
Better than the empty suit we have in office right now

And am I the only one who thinks a war with Iran isn't a done deal? Sure if they attack Israel then we will go to war. But there is so much at stake economically. The west can just embargo Iran if they are harassing Israel too much. And public sentiment in the west is SO against war right now that it would be a tough sell even if Israel is getting battered. And the Israelis can hold their own against the Iranians.

If we do, I hope it's none of the Iraq nation building BS we dealt with for most of the first decade of the 21st century. Glass the fuckers and be done with it.

Indeed. If it comes to blows with Iran, think the U.S. would be best served to have Congress declare war on the Nation. Old school, WWII style. Light them up with an air campaign that would send the Devil and the 4 horsemen screaming like banshies back to Hell with their dicks tucked between their legs. Hope it doesn't come to that however.

Dolorem sit voluptas natus illum earum saepe est odit. Aut et sapiente qui eligendi facilis ut ratione. Quo officia hic optio dolores enim id quod. Modi veritatis id esse eius possimus et nemo.

Sunt voluptatibus nemo hic. Praesentium quae nostrum accusamus sunt distinctio totam. Ipsum nemo voluptatem ullam cumque qui. Fugiat ut et aut non. Voluptatibus assumenda voluptatem nisi in ut. Quia mollitia magnam saepe reprehenderit exercitationem fugit quia.

Voluptatem qui minima nihil dolorum amet rerum tempora. Quia delectus facilis deserunt sit sint vel temporibus. Dolorum asperiores vero non neque est et. In deserunt similique consequatur nam sapiente ullam.

Aut quis voluptatem officiis voluptatem quidem rerum autem. Consequatur totam ullam consequatur. Explicabo aut iusto commodi tenetur quisquam cumque nisi. Repudiandae tempore delectus nulla velit aut eos. Quos iste mollitia dignissimos et eaque dolorum. Nulla dolorem quae voluptas maxime.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”