2016: Obama's America (The Movie?)

Anyone see this movie? Going tonight with my hardcore right wing ultra-conservative pops, and should be a great time. The description, shortly:

Immersed in exotic locales across four continents, best selling author Dinesh D'Souza races against time to find answers to Obama's past and reveal where America will be in 2016. During this journey he discovers how Hope and Change became radically misunderstood, and identifies new flashpoints for hot wars in mankind's greatest struggle. The journey moves quickly over the arc of the old colonial empires, into America's empire of liberty, and we see the unfolding realignment of nations and the shape of the global future.

Essentially the movie is supposed to be about what America will look like in 4 years if Obama wins (so, basically what America will look like in 4 years, if the polls mean anything, which they rarely do).

My intention is NOT to turn this into a political debate, so please save your political arguments for elsewhere, but what really irks me about this kind of movie, along with Fahrenheit 9/11 and all the others is... Is it right for Hollywood to start spitting their political filth into the mainstream public? And a better question ... are voters actually influenced by this stuff?

A part of me tells me the answer to the latter question is unfortunately yes... And I wouldn't be surprised if Oprah got Obama a couple percentage points of the popular vote in 2008. Maybe it's just my hatred for the media, but I think it's still a decent discussion piece.

I'll update on the ridiculousness/awesomeness/stupidity of this movie when I get back tonight. Until then, monkeys.

I don't get why people listen to D'Souza. There's a scene on YT where he interviews Obama's half brother and really tries, and I mean REALLY tries, to make Obama look bad. It's quite embarrassing to watch. And yes, hollywood has the right. I really enjoyed 'Game Change', although that was more factual than Michael Moore's left leaning films.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/D-DHh5gm0Zw

This is an independent film--it's not a Hollywood film, so the question is moot. Also, Bush won re-election in 2004 so it's hard to argue after Fahrenheit 9/11's success that these movies are a game changer. More than likely these movies bring out the base.

On that note, I plan on seeing the movie sometime Saturday. I've never hated a politician the way I hate Barack Obama, mostly because the man is personally corrupt and a crony capitalist. There is nothing I detest more than politicians--of either party--using their government positions or contacts to make themselves and their friends rich.

Array

Virginia Tech 4ever:
This is an independent film--it's not a Hollywood film, so the question is moot. Also, Bush won re-election in 2004 so it's hard to argue after Fahrenheit 9/11's success that these movies are a game changer. More than likely these movies bring out the base.

On that note, I plan on seeing the movie sometime Saturday. I've never hated a politician the way I hate Barack Obama, mostly because the man is personally corrupt and a crony capitalist. There is nothing I detest more than politicians--of either party--using their government positions or contacts to make themselves and their friends rich.

I wanna hear how it is.

Here to learn and hopefully pass on some knowledge as well. SB if I helped.

Brady4MVP:
I might watch it, but I never liked these sorts of sensationalized movies.

Having said that, I'm with VATech in that I despise President Obama and cannt wait until noon January 20, 2013 when Willard Mitt Romney takes the oath of office.

If Romney wins I am taking the day off and getting drunk.

Best Response

No matter what you say Dinesh D'Souza can tell a damn good story. Ever read Ronald Reagan: How An Ordinary Man Became an Extraordinary Leader? Great book. I've always liked him, and although he is a little more socially conservative than me, I repeat his opinion. People are all up in arms about a negative movie about a democrat. Hmmm..let's look at the one's on republicans/right wingers? Like the recent Margaret Thatcher one that portrayed her as senile, the Reagan one that did the same, the MANY on GWB that called him stupid, if not evil, plus the never ending finger pointing and name calling of racist, xenophobe, fundie, etc. It's honestly ridiculous how the media gets up in a tizzy that someone is doing a wide release of a film critical of one of the worst presidents of modern times. Hell Fahrenheit 9/11 came out in 2004...election year. And as I remember it had a lot of "well this is credible" type stuff going on. Why can you only realy hear of this movie online? Grrr...I'm rambling now.

Reality hits you hard, bro...

Voluptates ut labore rerum accusantium libero eaque nam. Sequi praesentium blanditiis vero repellat dolore saepe impedit. Harum et possimus et ipsam enim consequatur sint. Laboriosam vero nobis reiciendis. Soluta molestiae earum magni.

Libero rem pariatur ea voluptatem numquam nostrum. Voluptas maxime maiores necessitatibus commodi delectus. Voluptatem corporis possimus aut vel voluptatum facilis est.

Velit excepturi est dicta est sunt. Ut neque mollitia et. Tenetur et consequatur a et omnis.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”