gufmo

Fenix 6X Sapphire 100% of my life except to charge.

Hell yeah bro. Garmin crew!!!!! I have the 5X Sapphire - purchased in 2018, still going strong. I never take it off - I want all the data.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Agreed. One of my favorite pieces of tech - love getting the activity history and HR data. It's actually amazing how sensitive my HR and sleep quality is to alcohol - seeing the data line up to how I'm feeling has led to me cutting back meaningfully, which I view as a good thing.

I'm probably going to stick with the 6X and see what they cram into the 8X, though the Epix also seems nice.

I guess if you wanted to wear a nice watch during the day, you could get a Whoop on the other arm to obtain data.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

@patagonia_monkey

Do you use whoop? I've seen some video but havent pulled the trigger yet since I have a AW.

I don't use Whoop as I have a Garmin fenix, but my ex girlfriend used to use Whoop as she didn't have a smart watch.

Mr_Agree_to_Disagree

Don't wear watches at all. I just use my phone for anything a smartwatch does.

Your phone can't track calories, HR, sleep, or PulseOx...............

Isaiah_53_5 💎🙌💎🙌💎
Mr_Agree_to_Disagree

Don't wear watches at all. I just use my phone for anything a smartwatch does.

Your phone can't track calories, HR, sleep, or PulseOx...............

Not as specifically, and I simply don't care to know that deep. I can calculate calories on the phone if I wanted to. My fingers can track my HR whenever I need figure that out. The phone can track your sleep and sleeping with a watch just sounds extremely uncomfortable to me. As for PulseOX, if my CSAT is dropping below 90-93 for some reason I'll be noticing and if it's that bad the phone has this wonderful thing called dialling 911.

The poster formerly known as theAudiophile. Just turned up to 11, like the stereo.

danielorenzen

I use a nice analog, a great talking piece. Has helped in conversations with clients and investors in conferences. But I am also a health nut and track all my activity and sleep with the OURA ring. Highly recommend if you want to use your nice watch and track your health at the same time.

Wow that's a great idea. Which finger do you wear it on?

Apple Watch nearly every day. Looking at getting a nicer piece. 

Anyone have insights on the TAG Aquaracer 200? Known it's blown up in style in recent years. Have never been a watch guy, but I think it's a piece that would suit me. The pricepoint is fairly good, and I think it's something that I could wear occasionally for the rest of my life as something that's not 'in-your-face', which is my style. 

My dad has that watch (or else a very similar Tag). I agree it’s not an “in your face” type watch which I also like. He made his career in operations in an industrial/manufacturing sector so he’s not as driven to get the flashier watches. It’s a nice watch and I really like it, seems like a great option for people not wanting to break the bank

I had an Apple Watch for quite a while and tried the Ultra recently. Really liked it. But in the end decided to send the Ultra back and sell the others (I had two, alu + ss). 

It got to a point where I'd obsess over closing the rings everyday and I didn't need the additional stress lol. Now I just wear my Fenix 7 for sports and otherwise a Junghans Maxbill. Though I am looking to get a daily driver. The TAG the poster mentioned above looks pretty tempting. Otherwise prob an Omega. We'll see.

I really don't like smartwatches... almost to the level of despising them.

I wear a fairly normal Tissot PRS 200 (silver). It's not that expensive, but it looks nice and professional. I much prefer this to any type of 'fancy' smartwatch on the market.

Most Helpful

I've tried all the different ways.... Apple watch 24/7, Apple watch + Whoop strap, just the Whoop, and a Grand Seiko SBGA407. 

I like my Apple watch to make sure I track steps each day, but in the workplace I find it extremely distracting with all the notices from texts and apps coming through. The whoop was great but I wish it tracked steps as well. Definitely more comfortable than the Apple Watch for sleeping (I've tried a variety of straps on the Apple). A simple dress watch always looks great and for those who care, it becomes a great talking point.

If anyone is new into a workplace, I would likely not wear an Apple Watch due to the distractions it creates. That being said, I found the Whoop's data on my health to be more accurate than the Apple.... you are not burning as many calories as you think you are with your workouts, and I think Whoop does a good job calling it what it really is. 

BreakingRich

I've tried all the different ways.... Apple watch 24/7, Apple watch + Whoop strap, just the Whoop, and a Grand Seiko SBGA407. 

I like my Apple watch to make sure I track steps each day, but in the workplace I find it extremely distracting with all the notices from texts and apps coming through. The whoop was great but I wish it tracked steps as well. Definitely more comfortable than the Apple Watch for sleeping (I've tried a variety of straps on the Apple). A simple dress watch always looks great and for those who care, it becomes a great talking point.

If anyone is new into a workplace, I would likely not wear an Apple Watch due to the distractions it creates. That being said, I found the Whoop's data on my health to be more accurate than the Apple.... you are not burning as many calories as you think you are with your workouts, and I think Whoop does a good job calling it what it really is. 

Just turn off your notifications on your watch. I have mine disabled.

Some days I’ll wear my Apple Watch, other days my Datejust. I’m not obsessed with my heart rate so I don’t need it to be tracked all the time.

I tried an Oura ring as I was having trouble sleeping for a while and apparently the Oura sleep tracking was supposed to be better than any watches / bands. I found it didn’t work well at all - I would get good 80%+ sleep scores during terrible nights of sleep (tossing and turning and waking up a lot) and didn’t find significant variability in my score when drinking a lot and sleeping less as a result (for example). If a crap night of sleep where I’m a zombie the next day yields a score that the ring considers “good” and an actual decent night of sleep is a couple single digit points higher then that’s not good data in my opinion.

Consectetur sit quasi ipsam qui iusto laudantium harum cupiditate. Consectetur sit asperiores adipisci non totam voluptates. Non quisquam earum vero ullam nobis accusantium aliquid. Quia molestias non soluta quia et nulla.

Facilis sed et quia. Laborum eligendi nemo molestiae et quibusdam commodi. Qui impedit maxime dolore cumque adipisci minus et. Aut voluptas porro similique aspernatur non exercitationem quaerat.

Id perferendis optio eaque provident. Eligendi sunt quia atque eius numquam voluptatem reprehenderit consequuntur. Quaerat culpa sequi fuga ipsum quidem similique eius.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”