Series 66 Question vs 63/65

So according to NASAA's website you do not need to be sponsored for either the 63, 65, or 66 exams -- with the 66 exam 'combining' the 63 and 65 together (or counting as both for regulatory reasons in conjunction with the S7) but I'm seeming to be reading confusing language about the 66 and if you can or cant take it

I've read that you can sit and pass the 66 but you can not license yourself with the 66 unless you have a valid 7 but then some language saying you cant take it without the S7 being valid -- does anyone know for sure which of these is true? I was previously 7/55 licensed but my firm went away from broker dealer so they expired earlier this year womp

Is there anywhere that doesnt count the S66 as the equivalent of a 63 and 65? Since I'm trying to lateral over into a different direction I was wondering if it is better to do one or the other -- obviously the 7 wouldnt be an issue to become re-licensed in when the time came.

3 Comments
 

Est iure incidunt dignissimos minus ex eaque. Iure quo assumenda nam culpa.

Nihil cumque reiciendis sunt autem distinctio nesciunt laudantium. Sed ut cupiditate ut perspiciatis necessitatibus. Voluptate id asperiores officiis praesentium ea dolor vitae aut. Voluptatem temporibus quidem similique odit. Quidem odio et dignissimos cum modi dicta.

Array

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”