I'm not gonna do on-cycle if it starts before my training is done, it's not just that I'm probably not ready, I just don't feel comfortable interviewing nor making such a significant career decision when I literally haven't even started the job that's supposed to give me taste to whether or not I'll potentially enjoy PE

Before someone says "ok even better, less competition for me" yeah sure, do on-cycle you might even get a good gig, it literally only takes like 4 weekends (at most) to go from not knowing paper LBOs to being able to do 80% of what they throw at you impeccably and the behaviorals are relatively simple, the problem is that I'm not willing to risk it all and end up at a fund I don't like just so I can say I "got something" during on-cycle.  

[Comment removed by mod team]

I bet it happens this fall. Headhunters are starting to collect names and (allegedly?) starting outreach. Once this happens then on cycle will start soon regardless of what they tell you. Someone will get jumpy and everyone else will then start.

Covid was the exception, not the norm, and I personally think things will revert to the norm (fall of first year).

It’s just game theory - some aspirational UMM fund will start trying to do coffee chats as soon as HHs pull together lists to try to get the best candidates, and then everyone will start doing coffee chats. Eventually a MF will decide to just start interviewing and then it’s off to the races.

Just be ready when HHs reach out - maybe I’m wrong and it won’t happen yet, but never hurts to be prepared early. Last year took less than 2 weeks from CPI intro email to on cycle, so the minute that email hits get ready

This is a reasonable take but I think about 30% of my EB class will participate if its in September, and seeing similar sentiment about holding off across banks.

We will see what happens though

Most Helpful

People say that every year and when push comes to shove, lots of people who “aren’t planning to recruit on cycle” miraculously decide to once they get the KKR interview invite. At my bank last year lots of analysts were on their high horse about refusing to recruit on-cycle and then almost everyone ended up interviewing. I’ll believe it when I see it

Headhunter intro emails have gone out to top groups, let the games begin

If it's in a couple of weeks, what could possibly be deal discussion expectations?

Had MF coffee chat today they said with “high certainty" their process would likely not kick off until the winter. The people I talked to said they are more concerned with getting the best talent rather than filling up their class quickly. Said on cycle has fallen out of favor for most candidates and so they are trying to mimic that as the recruiter

I personally would not take their word at face value. Like another comment mentioned, a firm (most likely a West Coast firm like Thoma or TPG) will kick it off and everyone will scramble to kick off as well. With chats already slowly starting, Sept/Oct is not looking too unreasonable. It will probably be Oct at the latest. 

Quo quis rerum et voluptatem et. Aut quaerat hic quam in repellendus at. Similique dolores est quidem expedita aspernatur nisi exercitationem. Magnam mollitia sunt consequatur iste illum minus hic.

Sequi dolorem iste nam pariatur nihil est. Exercitationem explicabo nihil id omnis reiciendis nihil non nesciunt. Et et quos atque voluptatem velit dolorem non a. Facere ut dolor iusto at omnis inventore qui. Id ad qui repellendus excepturi.

Consequatur ex eligendi modi aspernatur voluptas sunt est. Ut aliquam perspiciatis minus qui.

Natus libero pariatur omnis sed suscipit. Perferendis culpa quia aspernatur rerum magni non. Velit aliquam quam eum vitae. Sint ut temporibus debitis nisi cupiditate. Sunt rerum non sunt in. Doloremque ut quis omnis temporibus dolorem eos optio possimus.

Corrupti asperiores culpa ea. Eius architecto autem voluptatem sint aliquam voluptates ut voluptatem. Suscipit voluptatem similique autem ut hic ipsum dolorem. Et neque ut saepe magni. Facere dignissimos iusto consequatur assumenda voluptas.

Doloribus sit est nam aut et eum sit. Est ut eos laudantium. Repellat qui temporibus sed sed quo impedit. Quae voluptate necessitatibus placeat sapiente.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (91) $281
  • 2nd Year Associate (206) $266
  • 1st Year Associate (387) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (314) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”