Advice on trading idea
Preparing a case competition presentation for sales & trading (as a penultimate uni student). It asks for two trade ideas (one in equities and one inFX) and I am just seeking some advice on things to consider/focus on when doing it and potential approaches to take. Based on what has been provided I'm unsure as to how to form trade ideas from it or what exactly is being asked. Thank you for your time and any feedback is welcome!
This is what has been provided.
- Would you rather own MUFG (Japanese bank) or Toyota Motor into the Bank of Japan meeting?
They have also provided questions listed under this to consider which are:
- How do each of these make money?
- How is each affected by interest rates?
- Why does it matter what the market is expecting for a potential hike?
What's your view on ISDJPY spot? Would you like to long or short?
- Why does the relative difference in interest rates between countries affect FX markets?
- What are some other factors that have an impact on USDJPY spot?
- How would you calculate gain/loss for a trade?
- How would you factor the upcoming BOJ into the trade?