2019 Summer Analyst IB Regular Recruiting Timeline Megathread Page

REGULAR RECRUITMENT PROCESS / APPLICATIONS / INTERVIEWS / SUPERDAYS

Now that accelerated recruiting for summer 2019 is coming to a close, I wanted to start this thread so that we could keep track of where each bank is at in the process. Feel free to share any relevant information including first rounds, super days and offers. Please note this is US focused. Good luck to everyone!

2019 Summer Analyst Recruiting

Banks have started opening their applications to target schools earlier than ever in an attemmpt to lockin talent well ahed of time. By now 2019 applications would be closed for most, if not all, American banks.

I am a current part-time student at a top school halfway through my MBA. I was told that I would not be hired on as an associate at a MM IB since I had not finished my MBA. This sounds ridiculous since I have already completed the analytical finance/investment/corporate finance course sets. Based on their logic, I could take all management/ops/qualitative courses from here on out and add zero value to my financial skills and still be a viable candidate post-graduation. Anyone have any insight on this or could explain their stance? Is this a regulatory requirement?

Michigan State Student here: was recently told by faculty that recruiting for summer 2019 will begin in April (on-campus visits, etc.) with final interviews wrapping up over the summer. Definitely a more accelerated process compared to last year. Don't know if this is only for non-target schools like MSU, but that is what I have heard.

On the same boat here, I think a lot of boutiques (not all!) already did recruiting for this upcoming summer, but I bet there's still a couple out there that haven't. At this point cold emailing or calling local firms is our best choice

Anyone heard anything about GS and MS recruiting timelines for 2019 SA positions?

At my school, students don't even get access to OCR resources until junior fall . . . wonder how this will work.

GS doing an accelerated and regular app timeline. Accelerated will open from March 15-April 15, and those who apply then cannot apply during regular applications if they don't get an early offer, so it's a way for candidates to hedge if they're ready or not yet. I've heard they're trying to take the majority of their class in the early pool

I keep meeting analysts and some Associates, MD's occasionally, and I take their contacts info and email them w/ a Thank you note -- just to establish a connection. Most of them respond with something nice.

The plan is to email them again in the spring / summer, and to ask for a firm visit or something. The whole networking game is so ambiguous, though, like I doubt they have much power to make an impact -- if you've got the GPA and the school name, and some demonstrated interest in finance, then you've got the interview, and everything beyond that is up to you.

What would you say is a "helpful contact"?

I am fairly certain you apply through the regular application portal. Recruitment year- 2019. You can select IBD for division and US cities for location, neither of which were available yesterday. One problem though- for "when can you start work?" the answer selections end with December of this year.

If you're having issues with accessing the Early Application for GS: This is probably because you applied last year, so it says you're trying to apply for "incompatible" positions.

Solution: 1. Create a new profile with another email you have or a fake email. 2. The application will open without a problem and it'll ask you somewhere to put your primary email. 3. In that primary email, you can just put the email you used before - it will let you use whatever email you want. :)

No one really cares about this, in the end they just look at resumes. It's obvious that if you're applying for a Summer 2019 internship, you'd be available to work at that time, and no one will want you to start working in Dec 2018.

Does anyone know how long it takes to a receive a HireVue if you are selected for one? Average timespan?

What does an undergrad 10-week GS analyst intern make? Does IB intern make a lot more than securities? After rent and expenses, what can you realistically save? Sorry if dumb questions, I'm just a young puppy trying to learn.

is recruiting by school teams confirmed? recently had interviews with school recruiting team, i have no idea what the rest of the timeline is... any input? trying to figure out when these school-team based offers will be out

Voluptatem eos et vel est. Eius quaerat eos voluptate blanditiis.

Harum autem quae quae soluta libero consequatur. Tempore quos consectetur odio labore. Velit eos enim vero voluptates asperiores iusto. Perspiciatis perspiciatis et quia iusto aspernatur vero.

Ipsam quod voluptatem a fuga sed in sapiente. Ut perspiciatis sapiente cum laudantium tempora occaecati non eum.

Nihil aut et dolorum et dicta repellat beatae. Facilis ea nisi exercitationem praesentium. Labore officiis enim ducimus est. Explicabo repellendus reprehenderit ut dignissimos vero assumenda.

Et aperiam qui beatae temporibus. Aut vitae non inventore fuga sequi quo sunt. Architecto repellendus omnis qui quis atque debitis voluptatem qui. Eos facere laudantium ad. Consequuntur fugiat unde voluptas et sint.

Ea earum fugit voluptatem exercitationem id. Fuga ab qui voluptas vel. Consequatur voluptates quo fugiat aut et et ipsam. Corrupti voluptatem saepe officia ut maxime perferendis cupiditate.

Tempora tenetur quis commodi maiores quis in doloribus. Cumque aut consectetur eveniet at.

Ut aliquid quia dolorem rerum cum alias est. Sed repudiandae esse soluta laborum nisi officiis. Repellat vel perspiciatis officia doloribus quasi dolor est.

Ea similique amet fuga. Illum accusamus vel necessitatibus iure aspernatur. Ex suscipit libero praesentium voluptas dolores.

Sunt fugit consequatur corporis ratione velit cum quibusdam. Quam voluptatibus saepe quas magni exercitationem consequatur.

Vero cupiditate soluta quo et molestiae qui. Non aliquam omnis sunt doloremque occaecati distinctio. Aspernatur iure tempora praesentium et veniam rerum omnis.

“How do you measure yourself against other golfers” “By height”

Et in officiis consequatur. Optio aperiam a accusamus dolor facere. Ut ipsum enim et eveniet quasi. Itaque et perferendis porro qui voluptatem autem vel.

Tempore voluptatem voluptas sequi soluta sunt harum. Id nobis voluptates debitis veritatis rerum. Aspernatur dolorum in molestiae omnis et dignissimos earum. Et cumque harum qui consequuntur praesentium. Recusandae doloribus id earum non aliquam modi. Qui id occaecati amet tempora tenetur.

Et et nostrum repellendus qui fuga tenetur rerum. Mollitia aut quidem deleniti cum. Consequatur non eos non consequuntur consequuntur suscipit. Sint ad et qui nesciunt sed. Rerum aut officia totam voluptatum et.

Dicta tempora delectus molestiae nemo facilis. Voluptate amet at dolores tempore illum qui vitae accusantium. Ullam maxime laboriosam velit asperiores temporibus. Voluptates et error molestiae sequi laborum quo qui. Aliquid non impedit aperiam. Temporibus quo ea unde sunt non repellat. Incidunt quos ut ipsam voluptas.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”