IB is making me fat. 5:30am workout possible?

I'm 6 months into IB and I have gained a ton of weight, probably 20 pounds maybe more...Ubereats every night...I'm afraid if I keep going like this I won't able to see my toes and what's the point of wearing deal sleds if you can't see them? Plus for some reason, all my fat goes straight to my neck, so every time I have to wear a tie I damn near suffocate myself. I use to look like a banker but I'm starting to look like a CPA (no hate).

But in all seriousness, I really need to get healthy or I won't be able to work much longer. I REALLY want to hit the 5:30 am workouts again (I swam in college) but I'm afraid if I do I am going to just become more unhealthy as I am not sleeping. My team generally goes to bed between11 pm - 2 am (9 pm on a really good night)... So my question to my fellow monkeys is how do you balance sleep and 5:30a workouts? Heck! how do you balance sleep and working out at all? 

Yeah, I am doing that. I am tracking my calories and am being smart with what I eat. But how do I work out? 

Do coke, eat less. It's that simple. Why else would the stereotype exist?

As a person who suffered from Anorexia ,I would not reccomend this ,things can go bad very quickly . Maybe this guy shouldn't take Diet advice on WSO ? Sure you guys might build great LBO models but I think nutrition is out of WSO expertise (unless there are some Biology graduates here😂)

Most Helpful

I’m an analyst and am in really quite good shape/ people frequently comment on it. It can be hard, but there are a few subtle or more drastic changes you can make to build muscle/ lose fat while working this job. I made a post awhile ago on this—But here’s a summary of a few tips that can help.

1) Drink more water. Your goal should be 120+ ounces of water. If you hate water, add in a bunch of lemon juice or find a 0 calorie flavor packet of some sort. This both will help you stop drinking your calories and will make you feel more full throughout the day. On the same vein, try drinking a Nalgene bottle before every meal—this will cause you to feel more full before eating.

2) Start changing your mentality around eating. Especially if you came from a poor background, it’s hard to shake this, but you no longer need to finish everything on your plate. If you get Uber eats try leaving 1/3 of the meal left and throw it out. You need to change your mentality to throwing food out is bad to throwing food out means less calories for me which is good.

3) Up your protein and fiber intake. It will make you feel more full. Try to have a gram of protein for every pound a day. Personally, I have found doing this to be extremely difficult if you are eating a carb heavy diet. In other worlds, just shift what you are eating to more meat and add a few protein shakes and it will cause you to consume less calories. People hype of the keto diet, but really all it is is the above—if you tell people to avoid carb foods they eat less calories. I think keto is overkill, instead just try to eat more protein dense foods.

4) Working out—I hate to break it to you, but during the week workouts just aren’t really sustainable in this job. You can get a few, but there are weeks where it just isn’t possible and you will fall of the bus. Ultimately lifting, running, biking, or swimming is about consistency. Instead, what I would recommend is trying to be ultra committed on weekends. I.e. Friday after you get off from like 7pm-9pm lift then go out. Every Saturday and Sunday am also get a workout in. If you know how to lift properly, 3 days a week is plenty to build strength and get in great shape. For days during the week, if you happen to get lucky and have some spare hours, I’d suggest running, push-ups, pull-ups, or activities you can do without traveling to a gym. 

5) intermittent fasting also is helpful. There’s an extreme version and there’s what I do. I think officially you are supposed to not eat for 15 hours in a day so 9pm-12pm for example, you shouldn’t eat any food. I think that’s kinda whack, cause like sometimes you are hungry. So what I do is if I eat from 9pm-12pm it has to be a vegetable, fruit, or eggs. This works because it makes me decide whether I am really THAT hungry that I have to have something.

6) lastly, just a general thing—people really hate being hungry, but change your mentality to if you are slightly hungry it isn’t bad, but instead the diet is working and your body is starting to work and make you look better.

Edit: 7) An additional tip I thought of—caffeine can help mitigate hunger. If you aren’t having caffeine, possible consider adding tea or coffee to your routine.

All that said, some of these tips could be pretty dangerous in terms of leading to a eating disorder, so use common sense and like recongnize if you are a healthy weight or not by talking to your doctor. I’m assuming this isn’t an issue for you, but I know a few people how swung too far into the other direction once they started losing weight. Best of luck my guy.

This is the best advice I have ever received. #2 is really good. I will let you know how it goes.

I second this approach. Intermittent fasting is a game-changer as an analyst and helped me stay fit during those years of my career. I would aim to get a workout in 3x per week and switched from a body part split (what I was used to as a college athlete) to a push/pull day and a full body day. I also began doing situps/pushups every morning upon waking up to burn some extra calories. 

For your intermittent fasting - aim for a 16 hour fasting window followed by an 8 hour eating window. The only thing you should be consuming during your fasting period is black coffee, water, and tea. When you break your fast you should aim for a high protein meal as carbs will make you drowsy. Your body will get used to the fasting period within a week or so, and the hardest part will be getting enough protein during your eating window. Supplement your diet with protein shakes which will give you a low calorie solution to protein intake. 

I'll add to this from the "sleep perspective" with a view 99% of people overlook.

People here focus on hours, but from a physiological standpoint, circadian consistency is actually MORE important (this is why people who work night shifts can get 9 hrs of sleep a "night" but have poorer health levels across the board). What that means for you is that you need to find a way to make sure you're still sleeping around the same window as possible. Counterintuitively, this means NOT sleeping in more than an hour or two past your typical wakeup time (or else you wake up discombobulated because your body's sleep pressure is relieved, but your circadian rhythm is thrown off, leading a variety of hormonal systems in your body to go haywire). Instead, make sure to take naps of 30 min or less later in the day so that you can remain alert (any longer and your body starts to treat it as a full night of sleep to adapt to).

The long short of this is you need to hit an absolute minimum of 5-7 hours a night (ideally 7-9 hours, but all of us know that isn't happening), and then after that try to keep when you go to sleep and when you wake up within the same 1-2 hour window. (e.g. 12pm - 6am)

The dangerous cycle I notice with colleagues is the ones that let their schedules dictate their circadian rhythms to the point where on paper, they somehow get around 70% of the recommended amount of sleep in a week, but it's so imbalanced that it's effectively useless because their bodies keep trying to adjust to a new baseline of when to wake up and when to sleep. Then they sleep more, age faster, and are less effective in everything, all while wondering why they "can't power through it" like other people. 

You’re definitely on target here. Sleep, sleep cycles and circadian rhythm are everything. 

I learned the hard way a few times what it feels like to completely have lost a circadian rhythm and paid for it severely a couple times and don’t want to go to that place ever again. Good nutrition, sleep, and exercise are the pillars of looking and feeling good.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

To comment on being full, the stomach has two sensors in it to sense when you are full by:

a) volume

b) nutritionally dense foods

So if you’re eating a bunch of fried food, you might not hit the nutrition sensors and oil and fat don’t take up as much volume in the stomach as a bunch of vegetables.

Additionally, there is a time delay as to when your brain receives a signal from your stomach saying it is full. So keep that in mind. 

Aim to always piss clear and like the poster said above, drink a lot of water. 

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Loosing weight accounts to about 80-90% of what you eat. About 10-20% comes from working out. If you really want a change, start eating healthy and by that I mean eating strictly healthy using no oils or fats. And biggest thing is tracking your calories everyday to either stay on a caloric deficit until you reach your target goal, with this method you don’t even have to workout and you can still loose weight.

MiggleGiggles

Loosing weight accounts to about 80-90% of what you eat. About 10-20% comes from working out.

First of all it is "losing," secondly ... no. Maybe on IB hours, but if you have more time ... then the working out % could go up much higher. If you're working out 20 - 25 hours per week, you can eat and need to eat just about everything. If you're working out 10 - 15 hours per week, its more diet. And if you're working out only like 20 - 30 min per day, yeah its 80-90% diet. 

[Comment removed by mod team]

Hey speak for yourself I AM a CPA and a size zero

Impressive 

You're a CPA and 2nd year analyst in IB?

Thought I would jump in here. There's a lot of bad advice that's given on this forum in regards to fitness and nutrition. Mostly demonizing certain foods. Intermittent fasting can be a useful tool for adherence but it does not magically cause fat loss. It's just simply energy in versus energy out (or thermodynamics as people love to say to appeal to authority). As some users have said, diet is more important for fat loss but some form of resistance training (lifting weights, resistance bands etc) is going to be important for maintaining whatever muscle mass you have. 

1. So first off you need to find your maintenance calories. The Harris-Benedict formula (https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/bmr-harris-benedict-equation) is pretty accurate. For me it gives 2,775 kcal per day with a "light exercise 1 - 2 times a week" physical activity level, which is pretty close. My maintenance calories are ~2,950 kcal. 

2. From there calculate what sort of calorie deficit you should be in. You should target 0.75-1% of your bodyweight per week. So if you're 90kg you should lose 0.9kg a week. Which works out to be a 6,945 weekly deficit (7,716.17 * 0.9 = 6,945) or a 992 kcal daily deficit. So if it was me, I would eat 1,958 kcal a day. I'll use me as an example from here on.

3. Next is macros. Without getting into it too much. All of the macronutrients are important in their own right but protein is the most important for someone with body composition goals. Your protein goal should be 2.2-2.5 grams per kg of BW (2.2 * 90kg = 198g protein). Next I would probably look at getting the minimum amount of fat somewhere between 0.5-1 grams per kg of BW (0.75 * 90kg = 68g fat). I personally aim for ~50g of fat to make room for carbs. Next fill your remaining calories from carbs. So, 1 gram of fat is 9 kcals, 1 gram of carbs is 4 kcals and 1 gram of protein is 4 kcals. You have a target of 1,958 kcal and you have 554 kcals remaining (198 * 4 + 68 * 9 = 1,404 used kcals) which is 139g carbs. So you macros would be P: 198g, F: 68g, C:139g.

4. Exercise is important for many reasons, I've wrote way more than I anticipated here so I'll not get into that. If gyms are open where your are 1-3 times a week is great, maybe supplement it with some exercise at home. Bodyweight exercises and resistance bands covers all of your upper body. I'm not a fan of bands but you can get a pack online with different resistance strengths that will cover upper body training and then you could leave squats and deadlifts etc to the gym. 

Worth noting a 1% of BW diet is on the aggressive side. If you're struggling with hunger and adherence with your calories, back off with how aggressive the deficit is. Its a marathon not a sprint. 

Also, tracking your weight loss and updating your calories is important as well so lmk if you want me to go over that. 

For fat loss I wouldn't go below 1.6g per kg. Especially since protein is the most satiating macronutrient. But maybe you are right for gen pop (I know most national guidance is very low). But as someone who lifts weights I don't think its the best plan of action. Eric Helms has a good narrative review for bodybuilders (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31247944/). I know the majority of people reading this aren't bodybuilders but you look to mechanics when your car breaks down... its good to take advice from professionals. 

I'm not getting enough MS. Can someone please MS me 2-3x? Thx.

If you're really pressed for time, have a set time in the morning that you wake up to get your biological clock set. Then immediately when you wake up take preworkout and get your heart jacked and ready to go. Then launch into a session of pullups, pushups, core/crunches, 8 count bodybuilders, mountain climbers, and flutter kicks. Take little rest and try to get HR as high as you can. Wear a smart watch that tracks your calories and HR during workouts. You'll see how high you're getting your HR and also will see your calories burned for the day so you know what kind of calorie deficit you need to hit. 

Your sleep is valuable and you may need to just do home workouts to save time. If you have time on the weekend to hit up the gym, definitely do it. 

Drink as much water as possible - you should be pissing clear all day. Drink tea, La Croix, anything to hydrate. Green tea is really healthy and might give you that minimal caffeine buzz during the day. If you can't hot brew, you can always throw a couple packs in ice cold water for a cold brew at your desk.

Take little rest and try to get HR as high as you can. 

I don't know where you work but my human resource team can't get high. It's against company policy. Sorry.  

Take little rest and try to get HR as high as you can. 

I don't know where you work but my human resource team can't get high. It's against company policy. Sorry.  

At my dream company, the HR team has mandatory high sessions. It's really all a team effort. You better eat that weed brownie. Don't worry we brought some milk.  

I was on an off-site event a couple years ago, we were out for dinner and drinks until late, like 1am (in a foreign country), we had to be up early to go to another event in the morning. We got in about 1.30am and I had got up around 7am hung over, and walking out of the hotel, one of the PE analyst dweebs was walking in to the hotel at the same time, pissing with sweat after just finishing a run. 

As a CPA who looks like a banker, I'd say a huge chunk of people becoming fat when entering the workforce is office culture and environment. There's always free food around and it's healthy about 5% of the time. So, if you can spare an hour and a half on Sundays to meal prep, boom, you can have macro friendly lunches and possibly dinners all week. I personally get up a 5 every day to weight train but am typically not working past 11ish. If you don't already, you pretty much only need to drink water and black coffee. Nothing else. Don't drink your calories. Also try intermittent fasting, contrary to what big business marketed to generations of Americans, you don't have to eat breakfast. When it comes to actually working out, pick something you truly enjoy and try to set goals, then if you do go the 5 am route, you'll be excited to go do it. I often can't wait until 5 am hits when I go to sleep the night before if I know I have a deadlift day the next morning. Also, just because you're at work at 10pm doesn't mean you have to eat a meal that late. Meals that late into the night can have a hefty toll on the love handles. Sorry this is just a wall of text and not more precisely bullet pointed. 

You could have easily made it three paragraphs in the same amount of time you typed that last sentence. 🤦‍♀️ 😂😂😂

I think you can really get a lot out of a home cycling trainer if you can afford one. 

This was my HR on the bike trainer for 41min this morning:

-
You could do a 20min or 30min activity and spike the HR even more. Zwift races are pretty fun and they run 24/7. 

You can practically roll out of bed onto the bike trainer and then jump in the shower immediately after. Very convenient. Some people like Peloton as it’s an all in one, but I have Zwift (requires a bike purchase and trainer purchase like Wahoo Kickr).

Overall that is a pretty high HR.  I would almost say you are working to hard and potentially risk a lot of problems.  I would scale it back just a touch but that is just me. 

Edit:

The only reason I say this is one typically max heart rate is considered 220-age.  Also Here's links to new cyclist pushing them in stationary spin class and developing rhabdomyolysis a potentially deadly muscle breakdown. 

Links: https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(16)31206-2/pdf

https://www.insider.com/doctors-reporting-more-cases-of-rhabdomyolysis-…

“The high-intensity exercise associated with “spin class” comes with significant risks to newcomers.”

Do I seem like a newcomer to you? I am an Ironman triathlete. I’m 38 and my max HR is around 205. This was a threshold workout - my HR wasn’t even super high, just a solid workout. 

When I do Zwift races (indoor spin races), my HR is about 192 avg for 20min. 

"Beginners need to know how to gradually increase the time and cadence on the indoor cycle. They need to be made aware of the importance of staying hydrated and the need to avoid nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs," 

Even if OP got a spin bike and went as hard as he could for 30min, there is likely a 99% chance he would not encounter any issues. Most people when starting spin class don’t know how to get their HR real high and have to gradually work up to more intense workouts.

Buy a bunch of food on the weekend like chicken, vegetables, fruit to slice up, yogurt and fat free milk AND lots of water. Prepare all of this food on Sunday to eat throughout the week. Do push ups and sits ups before bed every night no matter what while trying to up the amount you do (try to jog for 10 minutes 2-3 times a week if you can). Friday-Sunday do your best to get an hour of solid lifting and healthy eating. Somehow fit time for fun, partying, and catching up on sleep during the weekend. This is regimented but will certainly stop you from becoming unhealthy even if you don’t become a Calvin Klein model doing this.

I'm thinking about it, but the impossible burger still has a ton of calories.

Just eat sushi everyday. Half-joking, but you can afford it. Look at why japanese people are so skinny & live so long. Atleast half of it has to do with their diet. 

Hell yeah, I can afford it! I'm gonna break 200K my first year. You see, my neck represents my bank account...both just keep getting bigger.

[Comment removed by mod team]

Also enjoy a nice side of tapeworms and brain parasites. No offense to the Japanese people, but eating raw fish--or any raw meat--is fucking disgusting and not normal

They kill the parasites before serving.

“Most would be even more surprised to learn that if the sushi has not been frozen, it is illegal to serve it in the United States.

Food and Drug Administration regulations stipulate that fish to be eaten raw -- whether as sushi, sashimi, seviche, or tartare -- must be frozen first, to kill parasites.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/08/nyregion/sushi-fresh-from-the-deep-t…

Look into HIIT workouts -- get in a couple 10 min long workouts throughout the day, then on the weekends enjoy a longer and more thorough workout (I prefer swimming or long runs)

Also be more strict in your diet. Cut out all processed foods, most carbs (definitely all refined carbs), all foods with added sugars, most if not all red meat, etc.

m8

Get a Peloton and force yourself to wake up every morning to do a 30min ride. The beginnings suck since you'll be half asleep, but you'll feel so much better after. Once it becomes part of your routine you'll hate yourself every time you miss a workout. 

Do longer rides on the weekends when you have more time. 

+1

Having a home spin studio is a game changer. 

I used to workout ~4x a week in banking. It'd usually be before work for literally 20 mins (heavy compound lifts and maybe some sprints or other HIIT like stuff). If I was up late or had early meetings, I'd try to do it before grabbing dinner so ~7pm when some of the senior guys have left. Ultimately, being disciplined on diet (and it doesn't have to be 100%) was a huge help. Generally tried to do light breakfast (protein shake / coffee), healthy lunch (salads with protein) and then had a bit more flexibility on dinner (maybe sandwich, or plate of meat/veggie/rice, etc.). 

I lost 100lbs over the past 14 months. The first 70 came from diet alone. Used the RP Diet app. I am now stuck to a strict time regiment (7am, 11am, 3pm, 5pm, and 7pm) for my meals, and my macros (protein, carbs, fat) vary whether I am cutting, maintenance, or bulking. Super easy and saves a lot of time you did not know you wasted around food. Whether it's cooking or just thinking about what you want to eat. You do not worry about any of that because you already know what you're eating because you have no choice but to plan it out since you eat so many times a day.  

The app also makes sure you're at just the right deficit to lose a sustainable amount of weight per week. So you do not deal with the body shock you get when you make an immediate cold turkey change to your diet. 

If you only gotta lose 20lbs, that should only take you 8-10 weeks on their program. 

Get your diet habits down. It will save your life, time, and a shit load of money. 

TL;DR 

I lost 100lbs by using a diet app and drinking water.

Would like to echo the prior sentiments regarding diet... of course, exercise helps, but your diet / caloric intake is really key in this situation. I think it is also important to highlight that as easy it is to gain weight (at least for me), it's that much harder to lose it and actually see results. You must be consistent and realize you're making lifestyle changes - there are no (lasting) quick fixes to losing weight. Therefore, as you start out, do NOT get discouraged if you don't see instant results (much easier said than done, obviously). You could be eating better / exercising for weeks and maybe still weigh the same (of course it varies - maybe you're one of the lucky ones who sheds weight quickly somehow). 

I also think someone alluded to this in a prior comment but do NOT panic if you feel a sense of hunger. I've seen soo many people (who tend to be on the larger side) who seem to get genuinely concerned the second they feel a little bit of hunger and instantly grab for something unhealthy and unfilling like chips, which ultimately doesn't even do much to curb their hunger. Great ways to kill your appetite are drinking plenty of water, caffeine, and vegetables/fibrous foods. Fiber can be really big for you as most people don't get enough of it and it does make you feel full

tl;dr - you probably won't see results instantly, stick to a plan and don't get discouraged because it'll pay off in the long run

Also, there are two types of hunger. Knowing that it is partly a mental battle is the first step to success. When you think you’re hungry, you might only be psychologically hungry and not physically hungry.

-

Totally. That’s what made me gain 60+ lbs after college because I thought I couldn’t do it. Everyone’s different, I just hit a point where I couldn’t take it anymore and needed to make a drastic change. This is the only route that worked for me.

No, quit IB and become a professional triathlete, I heard the sponsorships aren't that shady these days. 

GoLiftSomeWeightsBro

No, quit IB and become a professional triathlete, I heard the sponsorships aren't that shady these days. 

It is really hard to be a top pro triathlete. If you’re a mediocre pro, you’re not making that much money at all.

Play smarter, not harder - working out for me was a priority and I'd sneak away any chance I could get, even if it was just 30-40min. If you know an MD is marking up a draft or you just hit send on something, take a breather.  Easier said than done, but the work can always wait, no matter how urgent it may seem.  Health should always come first.  Should be easier with WFH, just throw a zoom meeting on your calendar and dip out for a quick run. 

Minima temporibus non dolores sequi rerum et rerum. Non corporis qui perferendis dolores saepe accusamus dolorum. Veniam qui et vel dicta adipisci. Explicabo quia eligendi sit. Dolorem neque molestiae sed dolor velit autem. Consequatur iste voluptas sit maiores perferendis magni rerum.

Pariatur velit saepe nesciunt voluptatem. Dolorum nihil nihil quo adipisci.

Rerum dolor iusto omnis sapiente qui. A ut est non quidem doloremque. Omnis quis voluptatem dicta deserunt. At in ut iure nemo. Tempore repellat quis quia doloribus quidem.

Persistency is Key

Adipisci vel aut consequatur molestiae iste numquam. Atque et dolor provident fugit voluptas laborum minus. Qui sed id quis optio ratione odit consequuntur enim.

Consequuntur eum et quisquam provident tenetur. Iusto totam velit quibusdam exercitationem explicabo. Eum nihil labore ut enim quasi illum quas. Hic iusto sit sint amet. Rerum et maxime odio deleniti et illum dicta vel. Iure ratione voluptate deleniti odit quia accusamus explicabo.

Autem qui qui voluptas reiciendis. Sed minima sunt aut repellat deserunt mollitia accusantium. Iusto voluptatum enim qui.

Laborum iste aut doloremque est magnam at. Excepturi dignissimos iusto modi quaerat. Reiciendis est laboriosam inventore et adipisci aut aperiam. Nesciunt corporis consequatur nostrum. Sit eum libero sint quidem ducimus.

Impedit illo rerum eum cumque et et vel. Dolorem odio architecto est saepe. Placeat expedita dolorum vitae velit est.

Dolore omnis excepturi at labore. Cum veniam sit odio qui. Dolores mollitia nemo recusandae nisi rem. Et saepe fugit ea nobis harum porro. Culpa rem consectetur eveniet expedita voluptatum ipsum. Voluptas error perspiciatis atque nesciunt.

Ut deleniti corrupti rerum consequatur odit quos non. Enim praesentium beatae nihil voluptates consequatur voluptatem qui quae.

Enim magnam voluptatem eos voluptas recusandae eos aut dolores. Doloremque non neque beatae commodi non. Laudantium vero dignissimos praesentium. Impedit eaque est ipsam magnam.

Vitae sapiente sit architecto harum accusamus modi et. Provident corporis rem nostrum velit maxime error et. Rerum odio reiciendis et velit. Sed excepturi omnis iusto voluptatum voluptas enim.

Dolor praesentium explicabo commodi dignissimos. Et atque excepturi unde laboriosam quaerat omnis vitae. Qui laborum laudantium sit eius voluptatem hic placeat voluptatibus.

Facere minus sequi dolorem perferendis. Ex voluptas aut aperiam sit nostrum sed omnis. Dignissimos illum harum et eligendi dolor asperiores.

Ut commodi optio officia quia omnis corporis. Ea et ea perferendis id ut minima quae. Laudantium voluptates non dolores. Qui aut reiciendis deleniti soluta consequatur expedita. Ut provident modi et. Molestiae explicabo dolorem earum nihil harum enim.

Quia labore occaecati quam est in vitae vel. Iste error quas tempora autem maiores inventore perferendis. Deserunt saepe rem odio et facere voluptatibus voluptas.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (85) $262
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (65) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (198) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (143) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
pudding's picture
pudding
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”