This is my first post on WSO and I am looking for some guidance. I have been lurking around recent content on WSO and there appears to be lots of helpful (and hilarious) advice available.
I am currently working at one of the Big 4 in assurance (audit) and want a change to something more sexy/challenging (whether this be IB/PE or even CF at large co.). It seems that such a transition is rare and that time in audit can contaminate a CV.
It looks like my best opportunity will be to attempt to transfer internally intowill be looking to do in late 2017.
My questions are:
i) Has anyone made this transition recently and have they had to take a demotion?
ii) Is there anything I should prepare for in particular to ensure my knowledge is up to speed?
iii) Any insight into the day-to-day activities undertaken by someone working in corporate finance at the Big Four would be great.
Few facts on my situation:
* Graduated with a 1:1 (First Class Honours) at a respected UK university (but not Oxbridge or LSE) in Economics.
* Have spent 2 years and 4 months at a Big 4 Firm
* I've become exam qualified in this time (ICAEW (ACA)) - all first time passes and I will be time qualified in August 2017
* Hoping to make the move by December 2017
* Looking to sit CFA level 1 in June 2017 (I appreciate that this isn't necessary for corporate finance but I did a lot of what is included in Level 1 at University and I feel that communicating this with employers would be a lot easier having taken the level 1 exam