Can someone rank these offers FT IB 2022 Need advice.

I need help, would you guys please rank/gauge these offers I received? These are all for FT Analyst Class 2022 NYC. I am a college senior (Not lateral hire)

My offers were:

SMBC

Edgemont Partners 

Mizuho

UBS

DB

RBC

Stifel

All offers are general (Edgemont is healthcare only though). My #1 desired group for any firm  is tech and then I eventually want to do either corp dev/strategy at a tech firm or tech PE or VC, mostly leaning towards PE though. 

Leaning towards RBC as I've read they had the best culture by far out of all the offers and I genuinely REALLY liked my interview process (thought everyone was so chill and cool). However, I don't want to restrict myself and pick wrong and screw myself of exit ops just for the culture/easier hours. 

Thank you for the response. I understand the other 2 have BB name, but I was under the impression RBC did not lag too far behind at all (especially upcoming 2022). Is the prestige difference really there? I liked the group a lot and am heavily leaning towards picking on culture vs prestige unless it is massive. 

[Comment removed by mod team]

Most Helpful

Nice that you have edited the comment to make it seem like you are being somewhat helpful. Imagine being that much of a loser in this life that you have nothing better to do than shit anon on other people offers. Way to go kid

I would NOT go to RBC for Tech. They just lost their whole senior team and they also only historically do financing deals with their balance sheet.

I c that the debate in the above comments are between DB, UBS, and RBC. Although RBC may not be a BB (and some may argue neither are DB and UBS anymore), RBC probs has the best culture (most chill, laid-back, etc.) and is the only bank that is on an upward trend whereas DB, UBS, and pretty much all the European's (Barc, CS, HSBC, etc.) are going downhill. RBC started it's IBD around post-2008 and expanded aggressively to shoot up from T30 to roughly T10 (at least in terms of balance sheet size and market cap and even certain league tables) in the last decade. However, u did mention u wanted to be placed into a tech group which RBC is not the strongest in (a lot of senior leadership recently left, tech group head left, ex-CS tech group head I think is the new RBC tech group head, also TMT is split into separate CME and Tech groups (still share the same floor though along with the FIG and M&A kids) and heard the tech group is downsizing headcount lately so CME group has to cover the tech group's ass on a lot of deals). DB probably follows second in terms of culture (pretty chill, not too bureaucratic) and has a fairly decent TMT group although I believe that their LevFin group is still their bread and butter (also, they moved their office from FIDI to midtown like 2 months ago if location matters to u). As for UBS... not even gonna bother roasting. I don't work at any of the above mentioned banks (miss me with that "Angry RBC, DB, etc. pleb throwing MS" type shit) so just my completely unbiased 2 cents. Can any RBC or DB peeps fact check this just to be safe? 

I work at RBC Tech. What the above said is mostly true, except a couple inaccuracies IMO:

• Tech is not "willingly" downsizing, rather that people left to UBS/GS/SVB with the recent mini exodus of tech head etc. Now that the CS tech heads are ramping up, there's a big staffing shortage and recruiting has become a top priority. Just last month 3 lateral analysts in NYC office were brought onboard and looking to hire more, SF office is actively looking to fill a handful of A&A spots, they are tapping Canada teams and moving anyone who is willing to come to the U.S. lol.
  • CME, as far as I know, have not taken any active role in managing tech deals except in coverage crossover companies like a recent media software pitch where both groups collaborated 
  • Financing deals were a large part of Tech, but the recent CS new tech heads and the growing Fintech coverage (also under tech group) are pivoting towards IPOs and private placements. Aside from those, I would say about 1/4-1/3 of the deals staffed on are M&As.

I know this thread is super old, but thank you for the response. Would you mind writing up a bit more about RBC tech? I am trying to educate myself more but can't find much online. Maybe how many hours u work on average, what your main tasks are as an analyst, what specific verticals RBC tech NYC does (fintech vs software vs hardware etc), etc. I would heavily heavily appreciate it. 

Thank you so much

Rankings are dumb when banks are in the same tier. DB and UBS will offer almost the exact same deal experience and exit ops, any difference is marginal and your performance and recruiting efforts will be the difference maker when it comes to PE down the line. 

Cannot emphasize how much more important it is that you jibe with your team, go with the bank that you had the best conversations with. If RBC stood out for you in networking, going there is fine as well. 

Qui corrupti quas aspernatur non. Nobis praesentium quidem earum autem sed et nulla voluptas. Maiores dolorem ut quia suscipit ut. Sed dolorem quo qui esse.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”