GS 2021 FT Thread
Figured I would get the FT thread going seen as there are SA ones. Feel free to post any updates and good luck!
Figured I would get the FT thread going seen as there are SA ones. Feel free to post any updates and good luck!
Career Resources
Is the application for NY open for you yet?
Apps for FT just opened. However, investment banking is missing from the department list when trying to apply...
Same problem but for LDN SA
For some reason I experimented and was able to find the application when using chrome's incognito window. I think it might be some server connectivity issue. Hope that works for you guys, and good luck!
Has anyone gotten a sense of whether or not they are actually trying to recruit FT this year? I networked with someone from my school a couple weeks ago and he said very little to no FT recruiting will probably be happening this year. he also encouraged to reach out to him and HR in early august when they have a better picture of the situation. Anyone heard different things?
I just wanna know already, the wait is killing me
If I can get a referral from current analyst. Where to fill the referral information?
Update: I just aksed my friend at GS and was told that GS student program are not "referrable"
Should internal mobility hires go through this external application or is there another process? Is this discouraged at all?
Are we supposed to apply now? Or wait until August? Applications do say “rolling”
honestly, i dont think itll matter. They wont review FT for some time I would've though
does anyone know their biggest offices? i want to apply to those places
ny, dallas, salt lake
maybe SF is there too but I'm not sure
does anyone know roles in GS thats geared towards people studying data analytics? the applications aren't very descriptive on what they're looking for in an analyst or what they will be doing in each position.
Would probably look at positions in their Global Markets division. Especially if you have coding experience.
thanks, do you know if risk and ops do any sort of coding as well?
do you know if its quant related? i don't have CS background experience
do they sponsor?
is there hirevue? if there is, how long do they give you to complete?
ahh shit I’m in corporate finance this isn’t where I parked my car
anyone know the difference in expectation for SA vs FT?
any updates
did anyone apply for the EMEA office, mine still application received
same, what department did you apply for?
Spoke to an associate from my target, recruitment picks up mid august
Got a HireVue for NYC
When did you apply?
July 1st for MBD. I think it makes sense that it's this this early since a lot of other growth/venture firms are recruiting right now, or plan to by early August
Can you share any info about your background? Target? Diversity? What kind of bank are you working at this summer?
Semi-target, non-diversity. Previously at a hedge fund (quant) and doing strategy at a startup this summer
For reference, dinged from KKR/Warburg for growth investing on resume screen, so I'm assuming GS has a relatively low bar for HireVues (or the former firms weren't considering apps from my school)
This early?!
Anyone applying for financing group FT? Any updates??
I did - no updates yet
Same no updates. Hoping we get something by august 1st
Just received a superday invite for later this week. Does anyone have any insight on what they usually ask?
For what group?
IBD
Can I ask what your background is?
Target, non-diversity, 4.0 GPA, currently interning at a MM boutique.
This is also for a classic group as well so I'm not sure in terms of the financing groups.
Was there a HireVue? Or just straight from application to super day? Did you network a lot
HireVue and no networking. Just yolo'd.
How does this make sense? All of my contacts said no way FT is underway yet.
Has anyone else received a superday invite?
Guys these threads are useless. Spoke to the head of HR. Recruitment starts mid august
thanks my guy for the insight, appreciate it
Can confirm. Guy talking about super day was probably talking about SA
Recruiter said "We’re planning to host Zoom interviews for the MBD 2020 New Analyst Program in mid August"
following
I’m hearing from contacts that it’s almost 0 spots for FT this year
FT MBD superdays out (9/16)
.
I applied to 'equity investing' but got placed in 'real estate investing', Urban Investments Group
what's the middle markets IBD group?
Also got a hirevue for this today - is this Cross Markets group or something different?
bump
Enim doloribus suscipit quasi voluptatem illo. Nobis eos accusantium sit animi rerum aliquid. Dolore id adipisci eos excepturi odit velit.
Magni ratione architecto iste. Et ea sint maiores aliquam fugit enim ducimus aspernatur. Temporibus suscipit ad similique sed unde. Ex eos eum earum ut aut.
Occaecati molestias officiis quam pariatur est explicabo. Saepe voluptatem dolor nisi quibusdam voluptas delectus blanditiis. Ipsam maiores tempore qui. Ut qui omnis aut magni ab.
See All Comments - 100% Free
WSO depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something. Unlock with your email and get bonus: 6 financial modeling lessons free ($199 value)
or Unlock with your social account...
Quo corrupti consequatur voluptatem saepe modi. Doloribus magni dicta illum numquam autem dignissimos animi. Ea pariatur in praesentium iusto necessitatibus neque eaque. Modi excepturi est qui. Voluptate expedita enim optio qui magni. Eaque illo atque explicabo et. Placeat quis dolorum modi in beatae et ut cumque.
Nobis maiores necessitatibus aut iusto occaecati voluptatem facere quas. Corporis repellat cumque nemo. Enim provident impedit asperiores quibusdam sint dolores.
Non mollitia quod doloribus. Eum beatae corporis iste aut omnis ut. Odio provident deleniti aperiam qui. Possimus tenetur ratione maxime dicta eos libero. Vero maiores amet ipsum sunt cumque.
Dolorum fuga expedita quod voluptatem. Consequuntur magni et quia rerum. Magnam perferendis sequi laborum.
Quia quia deserunt dolorum aut et a. Necessitatibus ut maxime et omnis libero quas recusandae odio. Harum qui aut tenetur cum. Enim doloribus minus et unde. Porro molestiae illum sunt qui adipisci delectus deserunt. Voluptatem et est autem sed consequatur omnis qui.
Accusantium dolore aperiam dicta ipsum omnis similique quam. Labore fuga error eum culpa odit. Iste mollitia reiciendis sit corrupti nihil aspernatur harum et.