Comments (112)

Dec 3, 2014 - 1:54pm

Just heard back from GS ST HK today......

Live like an artist and work like an analyst......

Dec 3, 2014 - 1:54pm

Just heard back from GS ST HK today......

Dec 27, 2014 - 6:23am

Hi there, same here for GS HK Securities. I had 2 interviews then a third one and now waiting. From my understanding of HR email we will have an answer around the beginning of January, since they are supposed to conduct interviews until 31 dec, and that Final will be hosted in mid January.
Do you know how they conduct the Final Round ? Do they fly you to HK ?!

Dec 28, 2014 - 9:30pm

I was told that they would be flying all US based candidates to NYC for final rounds with employees from Asia. Do you mean that there will be Skype interviews in the NYC office with Asia employees?

Also, does anyone know how the interviews are scored? Like if you score 2/3 or 3/3 in your first rounds, will they move you onto the next round? Or is it based off of feedback only? Regardless of how well you think you did? Anyone have any idea why there are 3 interviewers for first rounds and how they're scored?

Jan 4, 2015 - 11:56pm

Still nothing from GS for those who are US-based.

Jan 4, 2015 - 11:56pm

Still nothing from GS for those who are US-based.

Jan 5, 2015 - 3:52pm

If I may ask, what's your source?

Jan 18, 2015 - 12:25pm

Nope.

Jan 18, 2015 - 12:25pm

Nope.

Jan 23, 2015 - 1:56am

Oh man...it's been taking FOREVER......

Jan 23, 2015 - 2:18pm

Just got back from HR said they will let us know by next week.....just curious if anyone had already got an offer?

Jan 23, 2015 - 2:18pm

Just got back from HR said they will let us know by next week.....just curious if anyone had already got an offer?

Jan 24, 2015 - 9:10am

Received the same generic email, Tiger Z - I wonder if we're shortlisted...(if there is even a such thing)
Fingers crossed for a good result. Good luck to everyone who's involved in the GS HK process!

Jan 24, 2015 - 2:58pm

I had mine two weeks ago through a online video conference system. I am currently based in US.

Jan 24, 2015 - 3:00pm

What's it for your situation if you don't mind me asking.....

Jan 24, 2015 - 1:46am

waiting as well...
does anyone know whether offers are extended immediately or within a few days after AC/superday for s&t?
I was told by hr that there are still a few more ac and I wont hear back until early feb...
Does it mean I am being wait listed?

Array

I guess it's kinda different from Investment Banking tho....they ve got several rounds of superday/final round.

I guess it's kinda different from Investment Banking tho....they ve got several rounds of superday/final round.

Jan 24, 2015 - 10:14pm

so usually for s&t we don't expect to hear back immediately...?

Array

Jan 25, 2015 - 12:50am

Nope..it really depends..some of my friends applied for ST in NYC they said if you to get an offer you will hear back within two days.

Jan 25, 2015 - 3:24am

had a final just a few days ago... as the hr said they will give out offers later after all other finals are finished
i guess i have no chance

Array

Jan 25, 2015 - 9:25am

GS HK S&T gave out offer 3 days after the last AC last year..

They invite a lot of candidates for final round, but for HK office the intake is like 13 (for securities only), and 26 in total across Asia (for securities only)

GS do keep good candidates on waiting list but won't inform you until like mid February (they may or may not invite you for another interview with a different region).

Jan 25, 2015 - 10:24pm

sunny side up:

Thank you for the colour, Dawg-Nuts! Good to have this info. HR confirmed that majority of offers will be made this week. Good luck everybody. Hang tight!

Hi sunny side up

I've been assuming that I didnt make the cut since I haven't heard back since my superday in NYC last Saturday on the 17th. Could you confirm that offers haven't gone out yet and they're still making decisions? AKA...do I still have some hope to cling on to?

Thanks!

Jan 25, 2015 - 9:43am

Also there is a WeChat group for all HK interns this year with over 150 in it. There is at least 1 guy got a GS HK S&T offer, so it is likely they already gave out offer.

But there is some hope for a minority of you guys on the waiting list

Jan 26, 2015 - 4:13am

my GS SG status just got changed to rejected... (although it was never "interview scheduled" in the first place).

but my 1st round phone interviews were all out of hk, my final round was physically in SG. HK status still remains at "interview scheduled"... not sure whats going on T.T

any offers today?

Feb 1, 2015 - 1:54am

I didn't apply to GS s&t. I was interviewing with an european bb for its s&t position...
It has been more than a week since the last interview.
I did poorly (poor network in video conference) and the HR told me they need time to consolidate results
I also know ppl from IBD/ER at that bank received offer a few days after interview... I am really worried about being rejected

Array

Feb 2, 2015 - 12:18am

so as a general practice, do u guys think s&t in hk/sg tends to take more time to give out offers?
I am really worried about my app...
hope everyone here can get into what they want

Array

Feb 5, 2015 - 11:49pm

Still nothing.......GS HK got some procrastination issues, lol! Just reject me or whatever!

Still nothing.......GS HK got some procrastination issues, lol! Just reject me or whatever!

Feb 6, 2015 - 1:17am

i know this is painful for you guys, but don't stop looking elsewhere. at this point, you're probably either waitlisted or rejected but they haven't yet told you. offers have already been given out.

all the best to everyone out there.

Feb 6, 2015 - 7:50am

eclipsed, I did. and apparently someone threw monkey shit at me for providing colour and giving insight into the current process so i'm out of here. so much for trying to be helpful and pragmatic...

Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

LETS FKING GO BOYS
+138IBby Intern in Corporate Finance">Intern in CorpFin
HELP: Sticky Situation with Boss
+129OFFby 2nd Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Analyst 2 in IB-M&A
You Did it Citi
+129OFFby 2nd Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage">Analyst 2 in IB - Ind
Idgaf anymore
+33IBby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage">Analyst 1 in IB - Ind
Anyone else just want out of this shit?
+32IBby 2nd Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Generalist">Analyst 2 in IB - Gen
Evercore Target Schools?
+27BSCHby Prospective Monkey in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Prospect in IB-M&A
To Snitch or not to Snitch?
+22OFFby 2nd Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage">Analyst 2 in IB - Ind
tipping point - mental breakdown
+17IBby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage">Analyst 1 in IB - Ind

Total Avg Compensation

March 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (31) $349
  • Associates (162) $231
  • 2nd Year Analyst (98) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (92) $144
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (23) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (370) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (306) $82

Leaderboard See all

LonLonMilk's picture