In all seriousness, why do people ask questions that have been answered 1,000 times?

Subscribe

I've had plenty of comments removed by the website moderators for using vulgar language against those who ask redundant questions, i.e. "Is it hard to get a job in IB?" or "What are good colleges to attend?" So... can someone provide a legitimate answer as to why people ask these same questions that have already been answered on this site or on any search engine at least 50 times?

Comments (22)

Oct 18, 2018 - 5:04pm

just round it up to a 3.1 meaning you can round it up to a 3.2 meaning you can round it up to a 3.3 meaning you can round it up to a 3.4 then rounding it up to 3.5 thus not getting you cut from the resume list.

Array

Funniest
Oct 18, 2018 - 8:51am

Pot meet kettle.

Follow the shit your fellow monkeys say @shitWSOsays Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Oct 18, 2018 - 9:40am

Because this is a public online forum and they are allowed to. I have yet to see any rule against it. Sometimes people prefer to hear answers aimed directly at them rather than just read them elsewhere.

Dayman?

Oct 18, 2018 - 9:54am

cause everyone thinks they're a special snowflake in a unique one of a kind situation

"A guy gets on the MTA here in L.A. and dies. Think anybody'll notice?" - Vincent

Oct 18, 2018 - 5:16pm

Went to "Peak Mortal Achievement" but I'm not an "Automatic HandJob." Worried my "Breakfast of a Champ" is what's holding me back…

“Doesn't really mean shit plebby boi. LMK when you're pulling thiccboi cheques.“ — @m_1

Oct 18, 2018 - 11:13am

Dude... If you don't want to open a thread of a topic you've already read, just don't open it. That's under your control and how an online forum works. People can do what they want and there's nothing wrong with asking a similar question in (perhaps) a different context.

Your obsessiveness with this topic is what boggles my mind. Will you be able to change how people behave by just posting about it? No.
Will people agree with you and SB your ratio back to neutral? I think the community has proven that we are pretty done with you - so no.

The only purpose of this then is to stroke your bruised ego and another attempt to put yourself above others who even DARE to ask a question that's been asked before. Just to be clear, it's not making us think any highly of you.

Oct 18, 2018 - 12:15pm
Start Discussion

Popular Content See all

Biggest Regret in Undergrad
+45IBby Prospective Monkey in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Prospect in IB-M&A
Virtual Summer Interns - which banks sent you WFH gear?
+17IBby Intern in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage">Intern in IB - Ind
The lighter side of IB! (Hopefully)
+14IBby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions">Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Meal plan in IB
+12IBby 1st Year Analyst in Investment Banking - Industry/Coverage">Analyst 1 in IB - Ind
Making the first move as a woman?
+10OFFby Intern in Investment Banking - Generalist">Intern in IB - Gen
JPM vs. CS offer decision
+7IBby Intern in Investment Banking - Generalist">Intern in IB - Gen

Total Avg Compensation

October 2020 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (17) $704
  • Vice President (49) $326
  • Associates (265) $228
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (36) $168
  • 2nd Year Analyst (147) $159
  • Intern/Summer Associate (136) $141