I am visiting my folks in what I presumed was a sleepy little suburb outside of the capital city of the flyover state. I went to the local Walmart for a few goods that were forgotten back home and really can't believe what I saw.
- Weird white dude rocking camouflage with what appeared to be a machete/Bowie knife sheath on his side looking through the cabbage.
- All manner of individuals from specific parts of the globe rocking full burkas and hijabs. One man even was wearing a turban.
- There was a visible meth use among many of the patrons. That sunken steely contorted face and missing teeth that serious users of meth are generalized for was just far too frequent.
- Many of the females were rocking that burned out bleach blonde hair look. It would have looked like a blonde halo 2 months ago, but the dark roots were just killing the bombshell look they had hoped for.
- There were kids running around all over. Many of the kids looked as if they were just having a good time being kids. The parent began a reprimand that could make an MD blush. Poor kids.
- I saw a few tumbleweaves roll through. Tumbleweed you ask? No, tumbleWEAVE. It's on google and urban dictionary.
- There was the typical mullet, bowl cut, and ZZ Top Beard, shirts with no sleeves, grotesque tattoos and piercings, and so forth. Nothing new there.
While I believe I escaped unscathed, I did make a quick stop at the minute clinic for penicillin and tetanus booster shots. I should be infection free.