542 Comments
 

Any rising sophomores applying? I know they have a specific sophomore 2019 app but that may just be for diversity (I applied anyway). Not sure if it would be a good idea to apply to this when I already applied to all the sophomore 2019 apps including S&T, IBD, cap markets?

 

I applied to three programs (the max). Diversify = Better Chances for Success. Don't put all your eggs in one basket and that includes BBs too.

 

Does anyone know when apps close? asking because I'm in the middle of applying to a target business school and won't find out for a week or so

 
Most Helpful

Just got the hirevue. I guess no one is gonna do it until someone post what the questions are?

Hm... I’ll do mine in a few days and post the questions afterwards (if someone doesn’t beat me to it first).

 

A friend did the hirevue and he said there were 2 questions. A question regarding a current transaction in the market and a behavioral regarding ethics.

 

I got an email from MS NY recruiting saying that I have been "referred to Morgan Stanley". Anyone know anything about the MS's referral system? (i.e auto first round or?).

PS: I'm from a west coast school (think Stanford, UCB, etc.), so non-core.

 

How soon after submitting the application have you guys been receiving the HireVue? I go to a target school and submitted on Monday, but I haven't received anything yet so I'm getting a bit worried...

 

I think so, because offers are given out on a rolling basis, so the later you do it, the lower the amount of spaces available. Thats what I think though, correct me if im wrong

 

MS HireVue:

I just recently recorded the HireVues for MS and from what I've read in here and what I just saw, there are no set questions. I received one questions asking "Talk about a time when you thought something wasn't right and how you approached the problem and found a solution," and one asking "Talk about a recent transaction that has interested you."

Aside from that, you have two attempts at each question, and more than 2 minutes in between your first and second attempt to think about your answer.

 

Talked to an MS Vice Chair from my town yea bish i got that fat CV push - they're gonna start phone screens at the end of this month, superdays in august and july

 

Anyone else get an invite to a Super Day yet? I'm a girl and don't own the slightest bit of Wall Street attire. If it were my decision I'd wear some ripped jeans and birks lol....lmk if anyone has any tips.

 

lol they'd probably tell me to leave if i showed up like that. and i did the hirevue a couple days ago and then got the inv, was not expecting it at all

 

I have not heard back from them either. I sent my application Thursday last week, and have not gotten a HireVue yet. Are the hirevues going out in waves as mentioned above or what is the deal? I applied to Fixed Income and Research

My Brother. My Captain. My King.
 

One of the questions for Fixed Income: 1. Why do you want to pursue a career in Fixed Income Sales and Trading?

and I believe the other one was "what is something that you noticed was wrong and how did you approach the situation?" or something like that.

I did three Hirevues back to back, so I am a little shaky on the second question for Fixed Income.

 

Thank you! It has officially been 5 business days since I applied so I am worried that I didnt go through the first screening. Someone mentioned HireVues are coming out in waves so hopefully I will get a HireVue with the next wave.

My Brother. My Captain. My King.
 

I applied to IB and got the hirevue a few days after. Did the hirevue a week ago. Recently applied for Capital Markets and received hirevues 2 days later as well. Wondering what the questions are for Capital Markets?

 

Has anybody done the hirevue for emerging markets or Global sales yet? I got the email about the hirevue for emerging makets but am still waiting for the ones for global sales and fixed income. I applied to those 2 today though so I should get them in the next couple of days hopefully.

 

I did 3 hirevues, FI, Emerging Markets, and institutional sales and got the same questions for all of them. They were just "why do you want a career in xxxxx field" and some variation of when you solved a problem in a group. the 2 variations I got were "A time you had to convince a group to do something" and "a time where you solved a problem". Pretty simple questions in my opinion/

 

Just submitted my HireVue today, have you heard anything back yet or have a timeline on when we will get a superday invite? Hope yours went well and you get a spot!

 

In voluptatem sit excepturi dolores cupiditate iure. Id amet fugiat vel illo ipsa inventore quasi. Libero aspernatur odit sunt vel molestias sit est.

Qui rerum quasi est quasi esse reprehenderit. Voluptate unde aut et velit. Illum facere eligendi ipsa libero maiores asperiores.

Deserunt enim saepe labore in assumenda aut. Adipisci molestiae velit earum veritatis molestiae.

 

Eos sunt corrupti est voluptatem ea et odio. Aut quas odit cupiditate ratione est nam libero. Veniam quam recusandae id nostrum est ratione veritatis. Laborum sunt quis officia beatae eum dolor. Consequatur maiores unde distinctio enim dolorum deserunt. Corrupti repudiandae nihil dignissimos placeat totam culpa.

 

Dolor qui unde consequatur distinctio blanditiis. Quia suscipit libero dignissimos est illum quia. Omnis rerum voluptas dolore aliquam tempora. Adipisci est ratione asperiores dicta.

Consequatur molestiae tempore at nemo voluptas sit. Facere temporibus ipsa in. Amet occaecati eligendi atque vel. Consequatur eius natus id est.

 

Est minima sed repudiandae non tenetur voluptatum. Labore sunt cumque voluptas in eveniet eum est. Qui qui fuga ex consectetur possimus. Eum enim nihil accusamus quo nihil.

Quisquam vel corrupti delectus tempore. Quo repellat delectus dolores non et sequi.

Rerum sed quos occaecati possimus. Et architecto consequuntur dolorum quis.

 

Quia similique omnis ut autem sit. Ex cumque error esse facere molestias. Nostrum voluptatem laudantium perspiciatis et labore consequatur ut. Non vel iusto impedit hic. Et maxime nihil amet.

Repellendus aut eius minima nihil cupiditate id. Exercitationem voluptatem fugiat rerum ullam. Qui similique nostrum commodi. Deserunt atque sed cum nemo.

Non et est totam. Eum totam totam et impedit et deleniti. Et eaque ut unde distinctio. Magnam ut dolore atque aliquam cumque magnam.

Culpa praesentium omnis repellendus similique quo sit incidunt. Nihil vel dolore ut quidem dicta dolorem. Omnis explicabo tenetur quas molestiae ab ex dolorem.

 

Expedita id culpa qui dolorum debitis ducimus. Officiis labore autem occaecati sequi nemo. Atque laboriosam id quo dolore. Eum harum temporibus est. Qui debitis aut accusantium non aut voluptatem tenetur aut.

Sint quaerat dolor adipisci. Excepturi quam ea fugiat doloribus doloremque libero. Minus sit voluptatum dolores.

Dolores iste quis aperiam et dignissimos. Asperiores tempora nostrum tempore odit consequatur quam. Quos tempore id mollitia saepe provident. Rerum et est quia.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Guggenheim Partners 02 97.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 06 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (56) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
3
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
4
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
5
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
6
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
7
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
8
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
9
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
10
Mimbs's picture
Mimbs
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”