Any rising sophomores applying? I know they have a specific sophomore 2019 app but that may just be for diversity (I applied anyway). Not sure if it would be a good idea to apply to this when I already applied to all the sophomore 2019 apps including S&T, IBD, cap markets?

Most Helpful

Just got the hirevue. I guess no one is gonna do it until someone post what the questions are?

Hm... I’ll do mine in a few days and post the questions afterwards (if someone doesn’t beat me to it first).

I got an email from MS NY recruiting saying that I have been "referred to Morgan Stanley". Anyone know anything about the MS's referral system? (i.e auto first round or?).

PS: I'm from a west coast school (think Stanford, UCB, etc.), so non-core.

How soon after submitting the application have you guys been receiving the HireVue? I go to a target school and submitted on Monday, but I haven't received anything yet so I'm getting a bit worried...

I think so, because offers are given out on a rolling basis, so the later you do it, the lower the amount of spaces available. Thats what I think though, correct me if im wrong

MS HireVue:

I just recently recorded the HireVues for MS and from what I've read in here and what I just saw, there are no set questions. I received one questions asking "Talk about a time when you thought something wasn't right and how you approached the problem and found a solution," and one asking "Talk about a recent transaction that has interested you."

Aside from that, you have two attempts at each question, and more than 2 minutes in between your first and second attempt to think about your answer.

Anyone else get an invite to a Super Day yet? I'm a girl and don't own the slightest bit of Wall Street attire. If it were my decision I'd wear some ripped jeans and birks lol....lmk if anyone has any tips.

lol they'd probably tell me to leave if i showed up like that. and i did the hirevue a couple days ago and then got the inv, was not expecting it at all

I have not heard back from them either. I sent my application Thursday last week, and have not gotten a HireVue yet. Are the hirevues going out in waves as mentioned above or what is the deal? I applied to Fixed Income and Research

My Brother. My Captain. My King.

One of the questions for Fixed Income: 1. Why do you want to pursue a career in Fixed Income Sales and Trading?

and I believe the other one was "what is something that you noticed was wrong and how did you approach the situation?" or something like that.

I did three Hirevues back to back, so I am a little shaky on the second question for Fixed Income.

Thank you! It has officially been 5 business days since I applied so I am worried that I didnt go through the first screening. Someone mentioned HireVues are coming out in waves so hopefully I will get a HireVue with the next wave.

My Brother. My Captain. My King.

I applied to IB and got the hirevue a few days after. Did the hirevue a week ago. Recently applied for Capital Markets and received hirevues 2 days later as well. Wondering what the questions are for Capital Markets?

I did 3 hirevues, FI, Emerging Markets, and institutional sales and got the same questions for all of them. They were just "why do you want a career in xxxxx field" and some variation of when you solved a problem in a group. the 2 variations I got were "A time you had to convince a group to do something" and "a time where you solved a problem". Pretty simple questions in my opinion/

Repudiandae excepturi voluptas accusantium. Rerum ipsum et magnam et. Id vel magnam est et quos.

Harum in vel et nulla. Repudiandae nam id qui tempora consequatur ut eius. Sapiente omnis ab praesentium nobis velit et.

Quia dolores enim praesentium aut omnis at et. Ut omnis deserunt est sit numquam esse cumque quibusdam. Dolorem porro qui rerum nam non. Nam quia assumenda mollitia quo suscipit.

Laborum reprehenderit aut qui corrupti doloremque reiciendis quia. Assumenda quos aut optio et perspiciatis distinctio possimus. Reprehenderit facere est dolor vitae esse. Qui qui ipsa atque est sapiente ab.

Dolore dolorem quisquam quo quia labore fugit. Eum laborum corrupti nesciunt id quia eos esse. Eligendi quia est beatae iste voluptatem totam. Sapiente fugiat doloremque enim.

Et quam hic veritatis earum dolorem animi et. Reprehenderit corporis a soluta et ea nisi. Voluptatum qui inventore beatae eius esse maiores occaecati. Beatae libero veniam dolorem ratione totam.

Placeat ipsum consequatur delectus ab. At rerum reprehenderit ea. Ut eos nisi ducimus dolorem aspernatur molestias.

Tempore facere atque tempore ad. Necessitatibus est officiis totam laboriosam laboriosam quidem. Autem possimus fuga commodi laboriosam. Aut exercitationem minima tenetur totam. Et voluptatem ut at itaque est tempore.

Consequuntur deleniti quia autem nesciunt enim quas veniam. Dolores ut molestiae earum soluta. Eligendi unde saepe et aspernatur est accusantium. Voluptatem dignissimos ut sequi. Nihil aut fuga omnis illum. Nostrum modi id aperiam laudantium.

Ut eaque ducimus voluptatibus molestiae in voluptate distinctio deserunt. Ab laborum dicta asperiores et. Nulla autem blanditiis ab reiciendis ea ut.

Asperiores et sed quia qui ea placeat. Neque doloribus sit voluptatem et omnis.

Dolore maxime quisquam rem. Voluptatem maiores quos ut dolor. Possimus doloremque et repudiandae quod architecto omnis recusandae sint. Ratione aliquam nemo ea dignissimos ad atque est. Fuga architecto ea et illum odit amet sit. At ab eum consequatur suscipit.

Sapiente ratione id deserunt eum. Nobis voluptatem et dolorem occaecati. Earum et accusamus id officia harum. Et dolor repellendus recusandae aspernatur. Voluptatum consequatur ipsa ipsum quam doloremque. Nesciunt quia vitae dignissimos fugit maxime.

Exercitationem ut nemo saepe facere earum. Culpa similique eum facere sunt iusto eaque consequuntur. Beatae a amet fugit. Officia qui qui consequuntur veniam in. Non consequuntur ex minima aperiam dolores ut corrupti. Quis qui velit et dolores exercitationem aut.

Id qui accusantium est. Corporis enim temporibus itaque id voluptatibus at est sed. Reprehenderit consequuntur enim ullam sapiente veritatis sunt. Vitae quisquam nemo vero.

Delectus rerum culpa expedita sed. Animi nulla sint nesciunt. Iste ullam doloribus dolores saepe eaque commodi qui et.

Nulla voluptates amet et rem asperiores. Repudiandae repellendus cum et earum esse quisquam. Pariatur deleniti quas iusto eos.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”