Q&A: Non-target to IB, led recruiting and training at BB
I wanted to introduce myself to the WSO community. Here's some quick background about myself:
- Previously a senior associate at a Bank, 5+ years experience in M&A and IPO work (focus on M&A)
- Led various aspects of recruiting (spanning from resume screen, on-campus recruiting sessions, interviews, and offer decisions), and training programs for first-years in my group
- Hosted career fairs at my bank and served as a mentor to undergraduate incoming analysts and analysts
- Off-cycle lateral hire from a boutique, graduated from a non-US target/semi-target initially without a job, < 3.5 GPA
- Worked on deals for clients in North America, LatAm, Europe, and Asia. After banking, I worked at a tech company doing Strategy & Operations and recently co-founded a startup (our recent intern landed a summer IB offer)
I am happy to answer all questions about the job or around recruiting. I've been part of all aspects of recruiting and have been able to see how things really work when you're on the other side of the table.
I am also available as a WSO mentor so please feel free to check out my WSO Mentor Profile
I also have a Discord channel where I hang out.