Q&A: Is the Monkey Business Over? 3rd Year Analyst Turning 1st Year Associate at a BB
Hey guys, I have a little bit of free time - hence I though it'd be a good idea for a quick Q&A.
- Immigrant from Latin America, moved to U.S. ~10 yrs ago
- Went to a non-target in the Pacific Southwest w/ a finance major (okay business school)
- Sophomore internship: non-paid gig @Merchant Bank in NYC
- Junior internship: IB @ in NYC (secured FT and came back)
- Spent the last 3 years in a heavy execution / M&A group and very recently moved to a coverage team; I needed a change of pace / better life / wanted to focus on a specific industry I enjoyed
Happy to answer any questions you may have about my analyst years: the work, hours, comp, culture, the good & the bad & the very bad etc.