As an incoming summer analyst, I'd appreciate some opinions on the differences between Goldman Sachs San Francisco, and Credit Suisse San Francisco. This discussion should only be concerned with the SF offices.
I'm looking for some distinction between the firms based on the following metrics:
- Prestige: I think I'll get an obvious answer here, but I want to remove this bias from the rest of the metrics.
- Compensation: Maybe in terms of Analyst base pay / bonus
- Domain Expertise: i.e. Have the people at the firm worked in industry / taken a technology related degree such as Engineering or Computer Science?
- Culture: Is the office laid-back? Intense? I'm familiar with GS's team-based culture, so I'd appreciate an answer that's catered to the SF offices.
- Deal Flow: Which firm is better for an analyst?
- Exit opportunities / optionality: PE/VC/Industry/Internal
- Any other interesting differences or metrics that could be used to evaluate the SF offices... location?
Also, please indicate what you are basing your opinion on.