Investment Bankers have a secret way of communicating with one another. Whether it's a discreet nod or those matching Ferragamo shoes/ties, bankers have a fraternal pact with one another that everyone outside the industry just wouldn't understand.
However, you'll soon realize not only is there a lot of group think going on, but everyone likes to use the same jargon.
From MD's to Analysts, here we go:
"Let's add some color"
"Need more thought"
"Can we beef this up?"
"thank you for your hard work"
"thanks for pulling a late night"
"Guys, what's the timing on this?"
"Hey, how's it going?"
"How are we doing?"
"Let me opine on this"
"Let me give you some thoughts"
"Comments are coming shortly"
"increase the multiples"
"can we make these boxes rounder?"
"i don't love it"
"i don't hate it"
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
- WSO is excited to have the experts from Accepted on board to answer applicant questions in the business school forum. Here are messages from Natalie and Jen who will be checking this thread every few days: Natalie I'm here to answer any questions you have regarding Business School...
- I’ve been paying close attention recently to what the people who advance quickly in their career have in common, and what the people who are stuck in the same role for years have in common. One insight I had was that the people who are stuck in the same role for years and decades are no...
- You’re just starting the finance recruiting season. You’re an undergrad that needs to ace his or her finance job interview. Or you’re a MBA student that needs to land that top-notch offer. Most importantly, you’re in luck! We’ve compiled a list of the most common and frequently...
- Hi there, After lurking for sometime, I figured I'd jump in with an AMA: Anything you want to ask an E&F allocator? Willing to offer candid thoughts on any and all questions, from the do’s and don’ts of getting funded to what life/comp is like on this side of the table. I...
- Wanted to do this since I have recently seen a trend of more CRE posts in general, and quite a few about REPE specifically. Brief background: -Not really sure if there's such a thing as a 'target' tranche for CRE/REPE in undergraduate schools, but I went to what would probably...
- Hey everyone - this forum has served me greatly over the past couple of years and so I thought I'd give back to the community. Given the lack of info on PE Analyst programs on WSO, I thought it would be helpful if I started an AMA. More info on myself: graduated from a target school and...
- Hey guys, Was just wondering if any one had a success story or where they turned their lives around. For me it was coming from an immigrant family who was bankrupt, coupled with hanging with negative influences. Despite the fact that I haven't achieved all my goals, I have learned a lot...
- The 2017 Hedge Fund Industry Report compiled by Wall Street Oasis (WSO) provides insight on compensation, the interview process, employee satisfaction and more. All statistics featured in the reports are based on 1,800+ user submissions from the hedge fund industry. The report...
- We've been getting more events going on lately (London, SF, Singapore, Dallas, Chicago) and want to keep the momentum going! We are looking for 1-2 WSO members in major cities across the world to be social chairs to help organize WSO meet ups / happy hours. Email me...
- The Wall Street Oasis Scholarship The primary goal of Wall Street Oasis is to help educate young finance professionals and students as they approach critical career decisions. It is a place where finance professionals can come to learn more about other related fields, network with other...
- Over the last 12 months, we have made a big effort to improve our investment banking interview prep package by bringing to you relevant webinars with specific regional information and actual deal...
- Current age:26 Black Canadian with strong chance of obtaining US permanent residency prior to MBA Stats: Undegrad: Top School but non target program GPA:3.1 Masters: Top school at a semi-target...
- Does anyone know if there's any way to round up all the hedge funds I'm supposed to be chasing in order to cold email my way to a (hopeful) internship this coming summer? I feel bad just googling...
- We've been getting more events going on lately (London, SF, Singapore, Dallas, Chicago) and want to keep the momentum going! We are looking for 1-2 WSO members in major cities across the world to be...
- 2 self-righteous assholes fighting. This is over trump taking credit for freeing Lavar's son and not getting the credit he believes he deserves. Go! grabs popcorn
- Sophomore Canadian university student from a non-target. Anyone have any numbers regarding the number of offers/positions each of the Big Five recruited for S&T SA? (since I am assuming the...
- Hi, I'm a junior at an Ivy plus school looking to set myself up for consulting recruiting next year. I've had a few interviews for corporate and consulting internships but really fucked up my prep...
- Hey guys, Was just wondering if any one had a success story or where they turned their lives around. For me it was coming from an immigrant family who was bankrupt, coupled with hanging with negative...
- Hey guys, I graduated back in May from a non-target school and I've struggled getting a job. I've interviewed at big firms and smaller local ones. I was wondering what the average time you guys took...
- It's gotten nearly impossible to reply to a post on WSO using iPhone 7 and the Chrome app (latest version). The problem is both with typing a reply into the box as well as submitting that reply. I've...
- Hi all -- I just started my career in a boutique investment bank in New York. During the last a few months I found myself really struggled with English at work. My VPs criticized me on my wording in...
- Hi there, After lurking for sometime, I figured I'd jump in with an AMA: Anything you want to ask an E&F allocator? Willing to offer candid thoughts on any and all questions, from the do's and...
- Hi Guys, If you are looking for Study partners or study buddies do check studypal- few of my friends have found good study buddies nearby few of my friends in NY have found good study buddies nearby
- As a complete newbie to all finance, would I be able to understand Rosenbaum and pearl Investment banking textbook or do I need prior knowledege? If so, how should I get this knowledge?
- Hey monkeys, I spent my free time browsing the forums for Finance movies so I could create a collection. After watching one of the movies recommended (The Game with Michael Douglas), I realized that...
Investment Banking Resources
- Investment Banking Interview Questions
- Investment Banking Resume Template
- Investment Banking Cover Letter Template
- Why Investment Banking
- Investment Banking Analyst
- Investment Banking Industry Report
- Investment Banking Salary
- Investment Banking Hours
- Debt Capital Markets (DCM)
- Leveraged Finance
- Corporate Banking
- Nov 20 2017 - 7:00pm to 8:00pm
- Nov 21 2017 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm
- Nov 27 2017 - 8:00am to Nov 28 2017 - 6:00pm
- Nov 29 2017 (All day) to Nov 30 2017 (All day)
- Nov 29 2017 - 8:00am to Nov 30 2017 - 7:00pm