Investment Bankers have a secret way of communicating with one another. Whether it's a discreet nod or those matching Ferragamo shoes/ties, bankers have a fraternal pact with one another that everyone outside the industry just wouldn't understand.
However, you'll soon realize not only is there a lot of group think going on, but everyone likes to use the same jargon.
From MD's to Analysts, here we go:
"Let's add some color"
"Need more thought"
"Can we beef this up?"
"thank you for your hard work"
"thanks for pulling a late night"
"Guys, what's the timing on this?"
"Hey, how's it going?"
"How are we doing?"
"Let me opine on this"
"Let me give you some thoughts"
"Comments are coming shortly"
"increase the multiples"
"can we make these boxes rounder?"
"i don't love it"
"i don't hate it"
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking. For those of you looking to make sure your CV...
- WSO is excited to have the experts from Accepted on board to answer applicant questions in the business school forum. Here are messages from Natalie and Jen who will be checking this thread every few days: Natalie I'm here to answer any questions you have regarding Business School...
- After my AMA I promised to write down some thoughts on office politics, since that was probably the topic that got the most interest from the WSO community. But then I realized that, although I consider myself fairly decent at surviving the IB/PE political environment, I didn’t have an actual...
- It is always this time every year that I find my mind wandering inexorably back to that place I was the morning of September 11, 2001, and how lower manhattan felt in the weeks and months that followed. Unable to sleep last night, I stayed up late and wrote out something much, much longer...
- [quote] Fee fi fo fum I seek the site of a new HQ Bringing jobs and scouting talent I'll make retailers know they're dead -Appley [/quote] Jeff Bezos is looking for a new site to place Amazon's new HQ. [What he's looking...
- Is this really the state of CNN - the American BBC?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Suka4wunGhU A dude comes on, lays out an argument why this ESPN idiot should be fired and the anchor goes nuts because he said boobs? I mean is this real life? We have Rohingya Muslims being marched...
- Hey Monkeys, WSO was a huge resource for me navigating through and eventually breaking into the AM industry. Thought I'd throw an AMA for all the grinders interested at AM who aren't at target schools. Went to a small non-target school in Boston. When I say non-target...think...
- In the article, "[New iPhone Key Feature Is Its Price Tag](http://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/3BB21BD6-94B6-11E7-9FD8-05220BAFA418)," discusses whether the forecasted higher than the usual retail price of the future debuted 10th-anniversary iPhone will drive the overall profit...
- Ok, so I am a current senior in high school and I am in a predicament. I want to go into IB before getting my mba and then AM or Consulting, I have great academic stats (4.6 GPA, 33 ACT) and decent EC (Varsity , marching band, eagle scout) and have been accepted to Duke, Vanderbilt, U of...
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing enroll in self-study financial modeling...
- What is going on, everybody? I have been a lurker on WSO for a while and thought I would share a story with you. Here goes nothing... I worked full-time and went to school full-time pretty much all...
- It is plain Jane how late arrivals do not get an astoundingly complex theorem like this. It will. You'll need to decide on this choice up front. I have been pondering in the matter of this. That will...
- Summer recruiting season is nearing its later half, things aren't looking so great so I was thinking about what I need to do in the upcoming summer. I'm into S&T and quantitative trading, and...
- Here is the opinion of Augie Picado, country manager for UPS Mexico, in a recent TED speech. We've heard a lot of rhetoric lately suggesting that countries like the US are losing valuable...
- Was wondering if the people on this site are all poseurs or really have no clue how those with access to the high life dress. I see talks of loafers and Patek Phillipes on this site. That's all...
- If one is from a top target school, wants to do PE as a career, cannot/did not do BB IBD, is it better to do MM PE* or Big 3 Consulting immediately out of undergrad? The aim is to eventually find a...
- Hi guys, Thanks for your help in advance... I have several questions related to equity value. I am a intern and I really would appreciate your help, so these are my questions: 1.- Whats the...
- Recruiting season is here now...so make sure you're ready for it with a Finance Resume and/or Cover Letter Review from one of our expert resume reviewers. Need it done in a hurry? Expedited Service...
- Junior at a semi-target/target school. Last week, I had a few first round interviews at BB/MM firms - I had networked at all the firms and felt very confident about the interviews walking out (...
- For anyone here who has entered Brand Management, how do you say is placement not coming from an elite (or even Top 50) MBA program (for top companies such as J&J, Unilever, Mars, or P&G)?...
- I have the desire to one day start my own development business and I read a lot of comments on here where people mention that they plan on one day starting their own shop or that's "that's the dream...
- I know that most of these threads say go for the BB, but I'm mostly interested in a top MBA program. Which one is a better choice for full time? Thanks!
- Hey guys, I'll be interviewing for a professional business fraternity soon, and was wondering if you guys had any tips. It's a panel interview, so there will be 10-12 of them interviewing me at once...
- It was a great fight. Arguably the most important fight for boxing since Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Sadly, one of the judges, Adelaide Byrd, scored the fight 118-110 for Canelo, causing the fight to be...
- There are a lot of posts on WSO about IBD, the internship, the do's & don'ts, how to handle PE recruiting, etc. I feel like there is a lack of material on the do's and don'ts of being a new PE...
Investment Banking Resources
- Investment Banking Interview Questions
- Investment Banking Resume Template
- Investment Banking Cover Letter Template
- Why Investment Banking
- Investment Banking Analyst
- Investment Banking Industry Report
- Investment Banking Salary
- Investment Banking Hours
- Debt Capital Markets (DCM)
- Leveraged Finance
- Corporate Banking
- Sep 20 2017 - 8:00am to Sep 22 2017 - 5:00pm
- Sep 21 2017 (All day)
- Sep 21 2017 - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
- Sep 21 2017 - 7:00pm
- Sep 25 2017 - 8:00am to Sep 27 2017 - 7:00pm