Thoughts on TPG Sixth Street Partners
Does anyone have any insight in TPG's Special Situations Group? Couldn't find much on WSO but seems like the team operates multiple strategies (distressed debt, real estate, infra etc) and have a pretty flexible mandate overall. From what I've found on internet it seems like they have managed to grow AUM from $1-$2bn in 2009 to $27bn now so they must have performed quite well?
Is there anyone that can shed some more light on the group?
- What is the background of most juniors?
- How's the performance been?
- What's the work / life balance like?
- Is it more like a HF than a PE?
- Do they recruit in the same cycle as other MFs?
- How are they perceived by the market?
- I know this is an unpopular question here but how prestigious is it? Does it fall in the same bucket as other top tier distressed shops, i.e. Avenue, Baupost, Silver Point, KS etc?
Any insight would be much appreciated!