Wells Fargo IBD 2019 SA Offer vs Citi Superday

Hello everyoneI just got an offer from Wells for a 2019 SA position, but at the same time I also got a superday at Citi. The offer explodes a few days after the superday.Pay is really good at Wells ($40 an hour + OT) and I'm thinking it'd be a better place if I were to stay in IB longterm. Citi, from what I read on here, is more prestigious and would help with exit opps, but I hear the culture isn't great and people at Wells just seem to like their jobs more.Should I just accept the offer or take Citi if I get an offer there?*Wells Offer isn't location specific, Citi superday is NY

bankchimp:
The Wells offer also isn't location or group specific, so I could easily end up in Charlotte, but by the time I'll be there they'll have moved to the new Hudson Yards building which I hope will make it easier to get to NY.

yeah ur right. it's a good offer so def keep the option open, but do Citi as well and see if you like it. Then decide which one you would rather do.

Array

From what friends have told me about Wells, go in with the assumption that you will be in Charlotte and that your group placement could very well be outside the traditional IB. If you read what Wells includes under "Wells Fargo Securities Summer Analyst Program", it is a lot of other banking functions that don't normally get lumped together with IB.

vs. Citi where IB is product and coverage groups, not even capital markets if you are specifically in their IB program.

I would definitely wait for the superday and then remind whoever you are working with of your exploding offer.

Citi's culture is very tough, where analysts work some of the longest hours. If your worry is location, I'm sure at WF, you'll be at Hudson Yards in 2019. Yes, Citi has the better name for exit opportunities, but think about it this way - at WF, you have more ample opportunities in-house, where you can get promoted relatively easier. That being said, you have the position at WF to leverage that into lateraling to another firm if you still want to.

Wells is fairly even between NY and Charlotte and by the time these interns become analysts most of it will be in Hudson Yards. I get what you’re saying but really NY will likely be the landing spot for people who pref it

Error voluptas ducimus est dolores. Expedita provident nihil provident sint. Quia repellendus ullam vel ullam dolor itaque omnis libero. Sunt neque aspernatur sunt dolores voluptates. Alias sit omnis expedita et non voluptatem consequatur cum. Quam delectus quisquam porro alias vel laborum. Voluptates sed sapiente nisi sit sed placeat.

Illo qui doloribus quaerat rerum. Nihil nobis non alias est consequatur. Hic repudiandae sint error aperiam fugiat. Ut ipsam adipisci dignissimos magni inventore.

Quae minima eligendi voluptatem necessitatibus. Maxime enim ab voluptatum sunt autem distinctio. Harum quidem repellendus nulla explicabo.

Consequatur at dolores placeat nemo. Natus dolorem consequuntur quae qui et. Minus dolores voluptatibus reiciendis maxime nobis. Sunt blanditiis quibusdam aut at aliquam adipisci nihil.

Nemo quia enim quo quis quidem consequuntur ut. Quibusdam quo illo occaecati dolor dicta sed. At nam ipsa ut possimus harum.

Reprehenderit voluptas repudiandae enim dolor. Architecto consectetur quam eos porro ipsum est autem est. Exercitationem aut neque est nostrum corporis quis nostrum. Dolor amet laudantium voluptatum facilis optio quo provident.

Et aut perferendis mollitia. Consequatur repellendus quae quod vitae inventore harum aliquam. Adipisci quibusdam veniam corporis cum ipsam. Nobis et dolores qui. Recusandae unde est deserunt odio consectetur sit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”