What are the Academic Backgrounds of Consultants?
Just curious to know about the general academic backgrounds of consultants. In my university, there are three specializations: public accounting, finance, and management. (The management specialist also includes concentrations in Marketing, International Business, Strategy, etc.)
For a student who is considering consulting as a career, which specialization will give the most relevant training and knowledge base? Do I even need to be a business major to go into consulting?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- There has been a lot of recent discussion on these forums as well as in the media regarding the value of an MBA. As a longtime member of the community and someone who recently made the decision to pursue an MBA, I thought I’d share some thoughts.
You can see my full background story here:...+170 by CompBanker in BSCH
- Well that was absolutely hilarious. Haven't seen a CEO dodge questions and come unglued like that since the "asshole" moment from Skilling. Stock's down about 5% after-hours thanks to fraud-boy shitting the bed yet again. I hope some of you are short the stock or long swaps...+51 by GreenspanAndHam in MKT
- Hi everyone, I know there's a megathread for this but that thread doesn't seem to have the most accurate information.
Right now it looks like the following firms have opened their general applications for Summer 2019 SA-
William...+45 by DiscountedSmashFlow in IB
- Who else got this? Let's discuss.
I know there was a giant thread on this last year, but does anyone have experience with Goldman Sachs Hirevue questions for this recruiting session?
Please add your interview contributions in this shared google sheet for 2018 IB SA recruiting:...+39 by newyorkermonkey in IB
- I am late 20s/early 30s and I have been starting to ponder this question.
I read somewhere that men with spouses make more than men without...I also know that a divorce can tear your wealth into shreds. I know a guy who had 1-1.5MM in the bank in a Low COL area, got divorced, had to pay...+29 by datguy345 in OFF
- I went to an interview and was asked to tell a joke. I told a simple one.
How would you respond?
Mod Note (Andy): See more jokes in this thread from 2017: https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/interview-questions-tell-me-a-joke+23 by myPuppyVictoria in JOB
- Hello Monkeys,
Long time lurker here. Thanks to this site I have been able to work my way into a F500 FP&A Financial Analyst from a complete non-target that could be considered a notch above community college. I am starting at 70K which is solid (low COL city) but I was curious as to what...+20 by scaredmoneydontmakemoney in CF
- Hi all,
Throwaway account to try and keep identity as anonymous as possible. Going to share my experience as I'm starting my BB SA gig this summer in a top coverage group, doing it coming from a non-target school with an average GPA (~3.5).
I came to school to study something...+20 by herzyherzy in IB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- May21Webinar: IB Deal Walkthrough: JuiceCo (Part 1) -- 9pm ET, 5/21/189:00 to 10:00 EDT Online
- May22Podcast: Corporate VC and an analyst job offer! -- Urs Cete -- 5/22/1812:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- May23Webinar: Burger King Franchise Case (ECF, CCF, Valuation) -- 9pm ET, 5/23/189:00 to 10:30 EDT Online
- May24The 8th Annual Swiss Private Equity Conference - 5/24/188:00 to 6:00 EDT Zurich
- May24WSO Toronto Meet Up: Thur May 24th, 7:30pm, Paubers Pub7:30 EDT Toronto, ON