What are your goals for 2017?

Evening Monkeys,

@Eddie Braverman" recently posted how he uses the Thanksgiving weekend to set his goals and provided the community with a few tools for categorizing, qualifying and actualizing annual aspirations.

Inspired by his post and driven by a general lack of alcohol around the house that our family needs to converse deeper into the evening, I took stock as to what I would like to achieve in the year 2017. My list is as follows:

1. 1800 Chess Tactics Rating (Both Classic & Blitz formats)
  2. 18 Books
  3. Full Ironman
  4. 15 Strokes for my Golf handicap
  5. Obtain Open Group's Master IT Architect Certification
  6. Volunteer for 150 hours

For context: I work 45 hours a week.

My goals are primarily interest-based with a heavy emphasis on fitness again this year. I'm about to turn 25 years old and I know that my window of time to stretch myself to maximum physical potential is diminishing. My quantifiable intellectual hobby remains Chess but I also threw in Eddie's 18 Books goal to keep me honest when choosing entertainment. My professional certification would be the end-all of a good fiscal year for me at my firm and finding a non-profit that is near and dear would be the cherry on top for me.

The reason for creating this post is because I'm curious as to what others in the driven WSO demographic are targeting, how you are quantifying these goals and why you chose the goals you did.

So I bid you, WSO, what challenges does 2017 hold in store for you?

Golf enthusiast here who has shot a 62 before in an 18 hole round. 15 shots is no easy task and requires a lot of practice. The most I went down in one year was when I was 11 years old and went from a 36 or so to a 12 but I had great teachers (dad's a 3 handicap and former club champ) and probably played about 130-140 rounds that year. As someone said earlier, short game and not over-swinging until you can shoot low 80s is a good thing to do. Of course getting lessons and playing 1-2 times a week helps too. I'd also say to find a really good driver or 3 wood that you are comfortable with off the tee so you can hit a 220-250 yard shot with ease in the fairway while your buddies hack away trying to hit one 310.

dedline PM me if you want some golf tips

As long as your handicap is above 25 it's really not that difficult imho. And I play college golf right now as a scratch golfer. My view might be biased because I played when I was young and the learning curve in golf is extremely steep from age 10 to 15 when you're growing and play golf 7 times a week. But I have seen working adults shave off 15+ strokes within a year.

I went from shooting 90/100's in my junior year of high school to shooting damn near scratch (but never the hallowed 72) by senior year. You'll have to put in a lot of man hours at the range and probably get some instruction.

Another thing that really made me good, was when I would watch the YouTube slow downs of pro's swings and try to mimic it.

"It is better to have a friendship based on business, than a business based on friendship." - Rockefeller. "Live fast, die hard. Leave a good looking body." - Navy SEAL

As long as you're not severely obese I think you could spar now. Just tell the coach & or sparring partners to go easy on the head shots. I've sparred heavyweights & cruiserweights in boxing even though I'm short for those weight classes (6'0) and it got a lot easier after 3rd, 4th, 5th time.

I wish, I need to be cleared by the head trainer.

Muay Thai is just a little more technical than boxing. Now I'm not saying boxing is less nuanced or easier, I personally love watching boxing. There are just more things to learn as a beginner to master before becoming intermediate. You have jab, crosss, hook, uppercut rt, uppercut, lft, both knees, two roundhouses, 4 types of elbow(up, down, left, right), Two straight kicks(Teeps). You have to counter punches and kicks and elbows, learn distancing for both punches and kicks, and elbows and knees.

I am such a boring person: my goal is to get a job and move out from home. If I had a job and my own place, my goals would be: finish learning the language I am working on, hit some number on my lifts and do something kick ass at work. Also, g

**How is my grammar? Drop me a note with any errors you see!**

DOUBLE POST DELETE.

They told him, "Don't you ever post around here. Don't wanna see your post. You better disappear." The fire's in their eyes and their words are really clear So delete it, just delete it.

**How is my grammar? Drop me a note with any errors you see!**

I'm starting a personal blog, which is going to be the Lifting Libertarian. It's going to be about fitness, life, business (sales, biz dev, growth) as well as obviously about politics. Lots of interviews with current political officials as well as tapping into my Quora numbers.

"It is better to have a friendship based on business, than a business based on friendship." - Rockefeller. "Live fast, die hard. Leave a good looking body." - Navy SEAL

UTDFinanceGuy:

I'm starting a personal blog, which is going to be the Lifting Libertarian. It's going to be about fitness, life, business (sales, biz dev, growth) as well as obviously about politics. Lots of interviews with current political officials as well as tapping into my Quora numbers.

You should make it a vlog. This way, you can receive income from youtube (assuming you're successful enough).

That would be the idea. To have it attached to a blog + a youtube channel. I know a bit about animation, design, editing, etc. so I think it would be fun. I'm not doing it for money, but more for an outlet for fun. If it makes money though I won't complain.

I read Eddie's post and actually spent a few hours at the bar Friday morning outlining my goals.

Not going to list specifics here, but I noticed the biggest issue I have is getting specific and staying focused. I want to do a little bit of everything and it just results in doing absolutely nothing

edit: i realized it was time to call it quits when things like "start a band" and "run for mayor" started showing up on the list... Beer gives me confidence

I can relate to this. A couple years ago I had a laundry list like OP did of goals I'd set for that year, and I ended up only fully accomplishing one or two of them. The rest I either started and stopped mid-way or simply never got around to.

There were many reasons for this, and one of them was that indecision you mentioned. What I've learned since (and am still learning) is to not be a donkey. There's this paradox in philosophy called "Buridan's ass", where a donkey is situated between hay and water. Unable to decide which to go to first, it dies of thirst/hunger. It's a good reminder to take a long-term view and follow through one thing at a time.

I didn't know you were on here, Linda!

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/linda1.jpg?quality=80&stri…" alt="RIP in peace ISIL" />

"A modest man, with much to be modest about"

I also took Eddie's suggestion about reflecting and goal planning over the long weekend.

Health goals: -Drop 10 lbs. Went more realistic this year as I always set this number too high and get discouraged as I don't hit it. -Run a half marathon. I've run one before but would like to do it again. (these 2 kind of go together) -Learn to cook a new meal every other week Social media goal: -Stop using Instagram. I have found that looking at Instagram makes me purchase a lot of items
(mainly clothes and tech) that I don't need. Learning goals: -Listen to at least 1 learning podcast every day (anything from freakonomics to radiolab). Just something
to get me thinking and learning anything -Read 12 books for pleasure and 6 books for productivity/learning Financial goals: -Up my retirement contribution an additional 3% of income -Limit clothes spending to only necessities (this is obviously a bad habit of mine) -Make an additional student loan payment every month Personal goals: -Call parents at least once per week, visit at least once every 3 months -Volunteer at least twice per month

The hardest one for me will be reading the productive books. I love reading fiction but reading about history, the economy, markets, etc has always been a struggle for me as I lose interest quickly. I know it seems like a lot but some of these are pretty easy and I documented them to remind myself and keep me accountable (e.g. podcasts, stop using IG, calling/visiting parents, reading for pleasure)

edit: formatting/grammar

I work in non profit so volunteer opportunities are plentiful. But when I can't find something of interest from an email chain or intranet posting, I google search for "[my city] volunteer". I came across an organization that you do a single orientation with and then you are eligible to register for any opportunities that they have available. They have been awesome to work with and never are short of opportunities for most days and times. Typically I look for opportunities to volunteer with children with disabilities because that's something I'm very passionate about.

1. Gain acceptance to a targeted MBA program.
  2. 3 plate squat for reps. Cut down to 8% BF.
  3. Buy a sport bike, do a couple track days.
  4. Travel to Japan and watch the Japanese GP.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

I'll be the first pathetic college kid to post this. I bet there's at least a couple lurkers in a similar boat.

1. Figure out where the remaining S&T SA opportunities are, get one by Christmas.
  2. Enjoy the rest of the wonderful cesspool that is the college bar scene thereafter.
  3. Fitter, Happier. More productive.

JYF:

I'll be the first pathetic college kid to post this. I bet there's at least a couple lurkers in a similar boat.

1. Figure out where the remaining S&T SA opportunities are, get one by Christmas.
  2. Enjoy the rest of the wonderful cesspool that is the college bar scene thereafter.
  3. Fitter, Happier. More productive.

I see nothing pathetic here. Just make shit happen.

+1SB

I adore the ethos of making shit happen. I'm just coming around to the reality that, up until this point, I haven't been making shit happen.

I believe that sometimes the borderline-abusive girlfriend that is Life bitch-slaps you, telling you that you need to change, now. It's rare but good. I see it as a gift, even. Thanksgiving was a bitch-slap for me. I need to re-strategize and pivot to have a shot at the career I want.

That's my ultimate abstract pre-2017 goal. Frankly, I'm barely even thinking about life post-New Year's Day.

I used to choose 5 or so goals a year to accomplish and ended up only getting one thing done. So, 3 years ago I started to focus on one thing a year. What I soon realized is that by doing the daily habits of that one goal it's very easy to carry it forward into the next year without thinking about it. For example, 3 years ago I meditated 20 minutes everyday. Two years ago I read one book a week. This year I went to the gym 5 days a week. So without thinking everyday I meditate, work out and read 50-60 pages a day and it doesn't feel like a chore anymore.

Harvey Specter doesn't get cotton mouth.

ScoobyDoobie:

I used to choose 5 or so goals a year to accomplish and ended up only getting one thing done. So, 3 years ago I started to focus on one thing a year. What I soon realized is that by doing the daily habits of that one goal it's very easy to carry it forward into the next year without thinking about it. For example, 3 years ago I meditated 20 minutes everyday. Two years ago I read one book a week. This year I went to the gym 5 days a week. So without thinking everyday I meditate, work out and read 50-60 pages a day and it doesn't feel like a chore anymore.

ScoobyDoobie I am so on board with incremental build-up. I live in the future from a mentality standpoint and I have this preconceived notion of who I am supposed to be. It was after sophomore year of college when I started to realize that if I didn't actively set out to achieve quantifiable / time-bound goals, this notion of future-self would never be realized. After school, I accepted an offer with a firm that compounds and encourages sharp discipline, meeting / exceeding goals and pushing yourself for continuous self-betterment.

My only fear in this entire process is that the deeper I entrench myself into this type of rigid, disciplined, achieving personality is that I will begin to sacrifice the softer and more creative side of myself which is equal parts responsible for getting me to where I am today. I have been ratcheting up the level of intensity for a few years now and I wonder if this is the year where I disturb the equilibrium between the Apollonian and Dionysian aspects that make me, me.

I think it was Eddie Braverman , but they posted something recently about making goals SMART. Terrific advice that I've noticed works well in the weight room. I'm hoping to get a six pack without losing weight, and I'd like both my squat and deadlift back over 400. Kinda sad that I don't have career-related goals.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/ohio-state-buckeye-workout-chart/

assuming you're benching at least 265 at the moment, this pyramid 2x a week assuming proper form should get you there in 8-12 weeks. did it for me (I was 180 at the time)

as for books, just keep the TV off. I read probably 2x that amount of books my first year out of undergrad because I just simply wouldn't watch TV aside from my favorite sports teams/golf tournaments. if you're reading 3-4x a week for at least an hour, this goal will be a cakewalk.

best of luck

• Get a good internship at a BB/MM/EB for summer 2018

• Get to about 180-190 lbs & 10% body fat (Currently 6'0" 220 @18%)

• become ranked #1 in my programs (attained one already)

• Send 2000 cold-emails

• Finish M&I, WSO, WSP, Vault etc. by January or February 2017

I think these are all fairly attainable for someone in my shoes. Regardless I think I should get something decent if I stay on course.

a) Convert my upcoming internship into a full time analyst role b) If a is successful - find something (hopefully an offcycle internship) to do in the period of up to a year before I start my full-time role c) save some moulah

I have always struggled with these goals, but I think after 4 years of busting my ass at work I feel like I am at the level where I can begin to prioritize other things over getting drunk and partying.

• Launch a side hustle (already started on this)
  • Read 6 books (3 finance, 1 RX and 2 novels)
  • Run 6 miles with no walking breaks
  • Land a grab trick snowboarding
  • Setting up at least 2-4 networking meetings per month
  • Work towards an industry specialty
  • Most important one: Learn how to survive on 4-5 hours of sleep (polyphasic sleep cycle?)

-XSX

1. Totally revamp my personal finances. Better grasp on my budget and savings.
  2. Start meal prepping consistently
  3. Gain 15-20lbs (see resolution #2)
  4. Advance my short game. My putting is the difference between me shooting a 90 and low 80s consistently.
  5. Join ULI, Toastmasters, and become more involved with my current memberships.

lag putting should be first concern and then practice the 10ft and in putts. For around the greens I'd say to get really comfortable with the sand wedge. You can pretty much hit any kind of shot with a SW around the greens (low, high, spinners).Bump & runs with a 9 iron are easy because all you have to do is make good contact when you know what you're doing. Don't use lob wedge all the time.

2 goals

1. zero in on that level of drunk where the booze makes what you're doing more enjoyable, but you aren't so drunk that you won't remember doing it.
  2. remain that drunk in perpetuity
I AM THE LIQUOR

Jim_Lahey:

2 goals

1. zero in on that level of drunk where the booze makes what you're doing more enjoyable, but you aren't so drunk that you won't remember doing it.
  2. remain that drunk in perpetuity
While I realize there is something personal about finding this level of booze zen, call me if you have questions.

Great topic. I tend to do goals in multi-year increments, but my current goals are as follows:

Fitness: Lose 5-10 more lbs then start working on my core Flexibility: Attain an above average level of flexibility (I'm terribly inflexible) Skills: Build basic cooking acumen Language: Finish attaining spanish fluency Personal: Buy a home if the market makes sense Social: Be a nicer, kinder person to everyone

CompBanker’s Career Guidance Services: https://www.rossettiadvisors.com/

on the core, I've noticed the best results came from diet changes and doing legs (this helped my lower abs a lot). having "abs" is more a function of low body fat than super strong muscles. think salads, not sit ups.

for some inspiration to meet your core and flexibility goals, try tim senesi's yoga flows.

if you are a serious novice at cooking, I'd recommend blue apron/home chef. they portion everything out for you, allow you to use very basic techniques, and are consistently tasty. all you need is a chefs knife, cutting board, a couple of pots & pans, and about 30-60 minutes in the evening.

also, cooking classes are a great way to meet women I'd bet, so there's that too.

solid goals CB

break 90 10 times (golf). I'm so close it's maddening. golf is probably the thing I've had the hardest time improving. I should mention I only play about 24 rounds a year.

grow my income by 20-25%

go through the year injury free. tore a muscle this year squatting, NOT fun.

take at least 3 strike missions (surfing), domestic or abroad.

swim at least 3x/month.

A few golf goals ITT; here is a very good golf practice routine (see below - can't post links when you're a lurker I guess)

Adjust the distance, number of attempts inside, etc. as to your skills - but once you can pour 3 footers in from every side of the hole and lag almost all your putts to 3 feet you will be a bogie or so golfer.

And if any of the golf bros want to knock out part of their reading goals at the same time I'd recommend Mark Broadie's "Every Shot Counts" as an cool way to understand golf scoring (has great examples of stats for pros, scratch and 90s golfers, etc.

+++++++ Source: google "The Ultimate Practice Routine Golf"

I've had a lot of people ask me about this & I've seen quite a few threads regarding practice & lowering their handicap, so I thought I'd post this in hopes that it will help someone.

Here's the story behind it, and the disclaimer. About 8 years ago, I had a student come to me who was a 36 hdcp - best round 110, ave round 120. His goal was to shoot par that year. I've seen the threads on here about doing this, and it is possible but it is not probable. I explained to him that it would take time, money, instruction, and a lot of work with no guarantee that it could/would be done. He was 28, not athletic at all, but had time, money, & desire. We spent 3 months working on his swing (very over-the-top, lot's of moving parts) just to develop a consistent, somewhat solid fade. Since his goal was to score, I developed a program that is scoring based - I have tweaked it some over the years, but basically it's about the same. After I created this, I gave it to 4 tour caliber players (1 PGA Tour, 2 Nationwide, 1 NCAA All-American) and asked them to run through the program and tell me how long it took them to complete & if they would change anything. It took them between 1 1/2-2 hours to complete and they felt it was great for someone looking to lower their handicap. I gave it to my student and he came back a few days later saying he'd spent over 6 hours on the program - and hadn't completed the 2nd stage (lag putting)! I knew then, it would work. We continued to work on his game, and he practiced the routine constantly. Over the next few months he became one of the best putters & wedge players at our club, and he shot 72 in October of that year. When he shot par, he didn't carry a driver or 3 wood and played a low, fade (almost a slice). He was recognized as the most improved player in the country that year - ending the year as a 6.2 handicap. Let me tell you, for a couple months, no one could touch him in a net game - it was fun to watch, and he credits this routine for allowing him to reach his goal. He worked his a** off, and he needed more than just this routine (technique, mental game, strategy, etc), but this is easily a guideline for players instead of just beating balls. This program is currently used by at least 8 NCAA golf teams as well.

The disclaimer: 1) I don't promise you'll shoot par doing this. 2) This is a good starting point. It's designed for mid-high hdcp players. I don't have tour players do this, and if you're already a low single digit hdcp, it's probably not much use to you, but you may find it helpful to identify a weakness 3) If it seems too easy, make the reps or targets match your level of play. This is designed to help you improve the scoring areas of the game.4) Go through your pre-shot routine before shots - I want this to simulate playing golf. 5) Once you've done the program a few times, add uneven lies, different shaped shots, etc to challenge yourself. The program can be done in one session or broken up into several - you must start at the beginning & can only move to the next section when you have completed a section. You cannot move to chipping until you complete putting, etc. So a player who can't lag putt will not hit full shots for a while. If you are "stuck" on putting, take a break every 20 minutes and stretch your back, get something to drink, just do something else, you can certainly hit balls, but don't skip part of the program.

It is based on a 2 week format - do program A for 2 weeks then program B for 2 weeks, then back to A, etc.

Sorry for the long intro- I just didn't want to drop the routine down without sharing the background & what it is designed to achieve. If you have questions or anything you believe I should add, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Here is the Ultimate Practice Routine, enjoy!

Program A, First 2 weeks, in this order:

Putting: 25 in a row from 3 feet Lag Putting 20 in a row from 20 feet stopping in a 3 foot circle 20 in a row from 30 feet stopping in a 3 foot circle 20 in a row from 45 feet stopping in a 3 foot circle

Chipping: 8 out of 10 in a 3 foot circle from 20-30 feet

Pitching: 25 in a row landing & stopping on the green from 30 yards 25 in a row landing & stopping on the green from 50 yards 25 in a row landing & stopping on the green from 70 yards

Bunkers: 10 out of 10 out of bunker 6 out of 10 stop inside the length of a flagstick

Long Bunker shot: 5 out of 10 on the green from 30-50 yards

Irons: 9-iron 6 out of 10 land & stop on green 7-iron 6 out of 10 land & stop on green 5-iron 4 out of 10 land & stop on green

Driver: 6 out of 10 land & stop in fairway (if you're on a range set 2 targets the width of a common fairway).

Program B, Second 2 Weeks:

Putting: 25 in a row from 5 feet Lag Putting 30 in a row from 20 feet stopping in a 3 foot circle 30 in a row from 30 feet stopping in a 3 foot circle 30 in a row from 45 feet stopping in a 3 foot circle

Chipping: 7 out of 10 in a 3 foot circle from 40 feet

Pitching: 25 in a row landing & stopping on the green from 40 yards 25 in a row landing & stopping on the green from 60 yards 25 in a row landing & stopping on the green from 80 yards

Bunkers: 10 out of 10 out of bunker 7 out of 10 stop inside the length of a flagstick 7 out of 10 out of bunker from uneven/buried lies

Long Bunker shot: 6 out of 10 on the green from 30-50 yards

Irons: pw 7 out of 10 land & stop on green 8-iron 6 out of 10 land & stop on green 6-iron 5 out of 10 land & stop on green

Driver: 7 out of 10 land & stop in fairway

My ten goals for the year are as follows (and feel free to use mine if you're looking for inspiration): 1.) Start viewing myself positively, and stop wallowing in poor self-reflection 1A.) Seise all self-deprecating behaviors that aren't conducive to forward progress (other than the occasional drink w/ friends ... c'mon that can be a productive networking tool) 2.) Take active steps towards becoming the man I see myself being 10 years from now ; visualize and actualize 3.) Have more confidence and courage in my convictions 4.) Tell 1 person to "fuck off" 5.) Actively go out of my way to socialize with strangers and make new friends (except with whomever I execute #5 on... I'm already guessing that guy's a massive dickhead) 6.) Stop cursing and using cliche's / colloquialisms in my speech 7.) Create some sort of value with everyone I encounter to have my presence felt 8.) Become better at reading between the lines so I can tell whose screwing me over 9.) Get 1% better every day, but doing it for my own good. Not others expectations. 10.) And doing something that completely frightens me, however, this should really be done daily.

"A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself."

one simple goal: continue my 30 year STD free streak.

"I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars, buddy. A player. Or nothing. " -GG

Dolores laborum iusto enim qui voluptas quasi. Vel et cum voluptate autem minima. Ut expedita qui velit.

Id fuga beatae voluptatem adipisci illo et. Consequatur nobis cupiditate optio voluptas voluptas. Perspiciatis laborum modi fugiat. Doloribus vel ea et incidunt. Est voluptatem voluptatem consequatur enim.

Voluptate deserunt commodi repudiandae magni ut in odio autem. Quidem sed explicabo deserunt velit dignissimos dolore tenetur.

Iste porro odit excepturi suscipit. Aut provident fuga a et delectus omnis.

Nostrum consequatur molestiae illo soluta quas ratione maiores qui. Fugiat aliquid iusto incidunt voluptates eius quaerat repellat. Quia aperiam illo voluptate atque sed. Harum voluptatem dolores accusantium error veniam.

Et commodi in aliquid et harum earum facilis. Voluptates rem ut ipsa maxime. Repellat eligendi voluptas ex eum velit illum omnis. Eligendi cumque sit blanditiis sit.

Dolor est debitis ut recusandae dignissimos voluptates. Est earum vitae sunt eos. Enim facere maxime incidunt maxime dolores. In vero ullam voluptatibus. Repellendus enim dignissimos deserunt.

Autem doloremque quae eligendi aut dolorem vel eaque. Vel soluta a magni. Consectetur alias velit et et nihil.

Magnam dolorum omnis qui ipsum architecto. Consequatur optio voluptatibus quisquam commodi. Voluptatem cum nisi dolorum unde non minus eius. Quasi nobis occaecati enim rem qui sit quam. Est ea unde quis quia.

Ut aut eius qui sed hic facere ab itaque. Ut iure temporibus aliquid quibusdam perferendis sit. Corrupti sed et nisi tempora ratione facere esse. Enim aspernatur nostrum doloremque odio. Explicabo corporis molestias vel provident.

Id saepe vero et et. Modi deserunt repellat numquam iste earum. Occaecati quis fugit id quis ipsa suscipit temporibus necessitatibus. Voluptatum recusandae ducimus praesentium ut molestiae quis. Ut et autem pariatur dolor quas quis. Ex eos quidem minus. Quo fugit dolores enim repudiandae saepe iusto.

Exercitationem inventore maiores facere et ipsum repellat autem ut. Quis tempora explicabo maxime adipisci sed veritatis. Nisi ut id nam nulla assumenda et temporibus.

Error est quod consequatur velit ratione. Tempora non id aspernatur iste soluta amet facere assumenda. Consequatur maxime asperiores aut earum vel porro eos.

Aliquid est deleniti libero et in. Et ab expedita similique et aut laboriosam soluta vero. Optio cupiditate sapiente ut aut. Asperiores debitis voluptas voluptatem officia aliquid quia. Sequi quia et reprehenderit atque.

Numquam magni dolorem adipisci suscipit neque aut. Qui qui deleniti commodi eveniet aliquid laboriosam consequatur. Sit molestiae atque qui a dolores ut ratione. Mollitia exercitationem ut rerum reiciendis occaecati eos sapiente. Qui qui quidem amet praesentium vitae veniam quod. Voluptas impedit sunt est et.

Consequatur alias dolor dolore. Magni non consectetur quisquam fugit. Laborum nesciunt error occaecati maiores enim aliquid est.

Provident blanditiis corrupti quo rerum non ut. Cum quis adipisci omnis dolorem. Ipsa quis delectus nesciunt vitae neque minus. Est odit facere porro dolores et.

Veritatis et nisi harum numquam. Atque voluptatum repellendus voluptates doloremque. Quos et recusandae reprehenderit debitis natus inventore. Accusantium officia ipsa et ut sed.

Porro quisquam et doloremque id facere. Deleniti eveniet et impedit itaque consequatur eveniet dolores.

Quae soluta atque quos officia. Recusandae dolorum non maxime minus et. Ut sunt velit in aliquid omnis in eius. Quibusdam nesciunt veniam repellendus doloribus. Quisquam ut omnis a est. Ratione saepe asperiores vel rem aliquam deleniti adipisci.

Dignissimos dolorem doloremque maiores. Exercitationem sit eum inventore nulla quia veritatis. Nihil minima dolores itaque qui qui. Dolores corrupti libero ut aut impedit consectetur. Aperiam rem libero amet non quibusdam.

Laboriosam magni voluptatem voluptatem eos voluptatem totam tempore eaque. Voluptatibus praesentium nihil et ducimus totam nulla. Voluptatem perferendis culpa quibusdam odit omnis iure autem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”